US Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He never came back from 2 sets deficit. Don't think it will happen today, his chances are close to nothing.
Nah, he's sick. But he should get points for heart. I think he feels like he needs to win some people back, after Cincy, though, as I've said, I don't think he was the one at fault in that incident.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gotta give credit to Jack this was his first SF at GS, and he wasnt well at all today, he has fought to the end of this match,
Jannik and Jack are good friends off court and have played doubles together at tournaments

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ben Fatto Jannik making your 1st USO final!
Bad luck to Jack, you can hold your head high young man, not at 100% but you fought to the end, well done! I think the humid conditions did not help you at all., I thought Rafa used to sweat buckets, but today I think you out sweated Rafa! :)

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Nah, he's sick. But he should get points for heart. I think he feels like he needs to win some people back, after Cincy, though, as I've said, I don't think he was the one at fault in that incident.
Draper represented well! He looked like he should've been there! He had chances to take a set off Sinner; just didn't convert when it mattered!:slap:

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Draper represented well! He looked like he should've been there! He had chances to take a set off Sinner; just didn't convert when it mattered!:slap:
I think it could have been a competitive match had he not been ill. Sinner may still be the favorite, but he hasn't looking imposing in any match, unless I'm wrong and someone would cite one.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tiafoe turned that first set around and won, after a slow start. On serve in the 2nd.

Reactions: Fiero425

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
One set a piece we will see who cracks first. I think the player that wins set three will win the match.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I think it could have been a competitive match had he not been ill. Sinner may still be the favorite, but he hasn't looking imposing in any match, unless I'm wrong and someone would cite one.

I just surfed by a few times at crucial times close to end of the 1st set! I didn't see that he had been sick! I feel for him! It's the worst when in a tournament, the heat's beating you down, & something's going on in your guts! I've only won 2 or 3 of those, but only b/c I knew to attack & cut points short! Better players will know & just keep you running! Draper did himself proud!:slap::anxious-face-with-sweat::facepalm::face-vomiting::sick::rip:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One set a piece we will see who cracks first. I think the player that wins set three will win the match.
Not sure. This match is rather living up to its billing. 3rd set is key, of course, when they've split the first two, but I don't see either completely losing heart. After some pretty boring matches in this tournament, this one is warming up nicely!

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not sure. This match is rather living up to its billing. 3rd set is key, of course, when they've split the first two, but I don't see either completely losing heart. After some pretty boring matches in this tournament, this one is warming up nicely!
What'd I tell ya? This match was not decided in the 3rd. It'll be decided in the 5th, and now Fritz looking the fresher. Too bad...I think Frances is the more creative and has more variety. I hope he'll prevail.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I've only watched the last game of the 4th set, but has this match been this sloppy? It is hard imagining either of these guys taking even a set off of Sinner.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've only watched the last game of the 4th set, but has this match been this sloppy? It is hard imagining either of these guys taking even a set off of Sinner.
Oh, no. You missed some really fun tennis. It was looking like the match of the tournament, on the men's side.

Reactions: El Dude

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought Frances had this match, looks like Fritz has found his second wind now in the match
Frances making too many UFE now in the 5th set
Fritz is into his first GS final,!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck Frances I thought you had this match, I really think David Witt has been a 'revelation' to your game since he became your coach, well done for making the SF of the USO

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bummer. This is going to sting for Tiafoe. It was within his grasp.

• Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Bummer. This is going to sting for Tiafoe. It was within his grasp.
Well, his fitness cost him again. Who knows maybe too much "happy time " Ali said, no women during training camps and pre fight. Women make your legs weak! I can't think of anything else why he ran out of gas

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, his fitness cost him again. Who knows maybe too much "happy time " Ali said, no women during training camps and pre fight. Women make your legs weak! I can't think of anything else why he ran out of gas
Frances has won 5 set matches before? and no I dont make mens legs weak btw :) I really thought after the 3rd set the match was his

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, stop.

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher