US Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
HI Folks, the mixed doubles final is being shown on ESPN2 now at 3 pm EST.Very smart move by the mouse today.. They were given a wildcard to get into the US Open by the USTA.. I think they said that he was off the tour last year.. I hoping for a happy ending for Taylor and Donald.
Donald Young has to remember, he is supposed to be the most dominant player today and cannot wait for the opponents to miss

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Everyone I talk with that has any connection with tennis or sports in general is saying the same thing: Sinner shouldn't be playing right now.

There is a bitter feel to all of this. The guy is probably going to win the USO and it doesn't sit well with many.
Or maybe a plot twist: The NYC crowd wills the American player to an upset, and it's first champion in 21 years.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck to Young/Towsend in the Mixed Doubles still a great effort from Donald getting a special wc and being in a GS Final, good luck in your future Donald!
Errani/Vassori winners 76(0) 75

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck to Young/Towsend in the Mixed Doubles still a great effort from Donald getting a special wc and being in a GS Final
Errani/Vassori winners 76(0) 75
All Taylor needed today was a male with two strong stones to win the title! DYjr like he was playing a match at Rainbow beach on the south side of Lake Shore Drive in Chicago.. Too bad I was really pulling for the dude!! Adios Donald !

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
All Taylor needed today was a male with two strong stones to win the title! DYjr like he was playing a match at Rainbow beach on the south side of Lake Shore Drive in Chicago.. Too bad I was really pulling for the dude!! Adios Donald !
Agree AP he was the weak link, I was also pulling for Donald and Taylor to win

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Agree AP he was the weak link, I was also pulling for Donald and Taylor to win
He just didnt have any confident today, wasnt moving forward and played too passive at the net. At his best, DYJr had top 20 skills around the net. I know playing pickeleball has hurt his instincts.. too bad

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He just didnt have any confident today, wasnt moving forward and played too passive at the net. At his best, DYJr had top 20 skills around the net. I know playing pickeleball has hurt his instincts.. too bad
Donald usually had good safe hands around the net, is pickleball now taking over for retiring tennis players, it has become big here in Sydney

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Donald usually had good safe hands around the net, is pickleball now taking over for retiring tennis players, it has become big here in Sydney
Yes ma'am, it's huge here. MM that was the worst match I ever seen DYJr play. Man I hate to be so hard on the guy but he wasn't facing big server like Ram and Sabalenka. I know Taylor is hurt and furious ! The ONLY thing DyJr has to do was hold down his side of the court and beat on the weakest link Errani but as you said he was the weakest link today. Life goes on! Good luck to DYJr in retirement

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It truly was on Donald! He & Townsend should've won this! Didn't watch much, but typical of both players; making the fab play, but miss'n sitters!
It just seem like Donald wasn't playing like it was his one shining moment.. His coach should have played this on the changeover..

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This match is turning into a drama. Draper vomitted on the court and Sinner fell on his left wrist. They both called trainers in the change of ends at 5:4 2nd set.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This match is turning into a drama. Draper vomitted on the court and Sinner fell on his left wrist. They both called trainers in the change of ends at 5:4 2nd set.
Yeah, a lot of drama, all of a sudden. Wrist seems ok. Hope so. This match could roll straight into the night session, at this rate.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner too focused in TB and Draper quite the opposite. This is probably over and Draper looks tired.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner too focused in TB and Draper quite the opposite. This is probably over and Draper looks tired.
It's hard to think he's got 3 more sets in him.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's hard to think he's got 3 more sets in him.
He never came back from 2 sets deficit. Don't think it will happen today, his chances are close to nothing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont need to see replays of Draper throwing up thank you very much!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik has a impressive TB record since the HC season, he is clutch of late when he goes into a TB