Roland Garros - Day 5, Thursday May 28 - Order of Play

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
Some of you may think that it's great seeing Novak playing the way he is, but it's probably not that good. In the rallies he gets no rhythm, he either hits a winner or Muller makes a terrible error. The Big Kokk just played a five setter and surely won't be up for the task, so this is terrible prep for Djoko for a baseliner like Nadal.

This is just the 2nd round. He's got 2 more rounds to tweak his baseline game before worrying about QF. I'm sure he'll make the necessary adjustments.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have time now to watch the matches but I don't have TC anymore. ESPN 3 is showing two girls on the court 7 which I have not any idea who they are
Vamos Tommy and Muzz, make my day too :clap

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
gahhhhh I can't settle on a match. maybe give murray a go.

If Murray starts losing, turn it off immediately! ;)

lol murray 3 set points just vommed up 2 df..lets hope he not start losing. 1st set andy.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
ESPN 3 is showing two girls on the court 7 which I have not any idea who are

Madison Keys and Belinda Bencic - both with multi-Slam winning coaching connections who could never win the French.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moose said:
Carol35 said:
ESPN 3 is showing two girls on the court 7 which I have not any idea who are

Madison Keys and Belinda Bencic - both with multi-Slam winning coaching connections who could never win the French.

Thanks for that information, maybe one day they will get it, and I see that they have TV connections too :plot

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Oh no. They're forcing Iznah on TV now. Time to utilize TTC+ :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
Kirijax said:
Kyle Edmund defaults his second round match with Krygios. So Krygios now has time for some extracurricular activities while he awaits the winner of Murray-Sousa for a third round match.

That's a real shame for Kyle. I have to say I really enjoyed watching the young fella. Love the forehand. Hope to see a good run in the grass court swing, and a move up the rankings. The mentality he showed gives hope that he could become a top 50 player, which would be something for a Brit

This is the first time Kyle has ever won a match at any of the grand slams. It is natural that he wanted to celebrate. In order to get time for it, he needed to give walkover.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
federberg said:
Kirijax said:
Kyle Edmund defaults his second round match with Krygios. So Krygios now has time for some extracurricular activities while he awaits the winner of Murray-Sousa for a third round match.

That's a real shame for Kyle. I have to say I really enjoyed watching the young fella. Love the forehand. Hope to see a good run in the grass court swing, and a move up the rankings. The mentality he showed gives hope that he could become a top 50 player, which would be something for a Brit

This is the first time Kyle has ever won a match at any of the grand slams. It is natural that he wanted to celebrate. In order to get time for it, he needed to give walkover.

Lol! Apparently he has a muscle tear, and doesn't want to risk the grass court swing. Entirely understandable. At his age I doubt he would be missing out on the money he would make by going further if he could possibly help it

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Sousa to serve for the 2nd set.

Maybe it is just me, but I am still not sold on Murray as a great clay courter.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
And Tommy takes the 2nd set off Borna. Settle in, I think that one is a five setter.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Vamos Tommy, you are doing well, those young players still have to learn a lot of you!

Muzz, you are playing better this year on clay, what is going on with you today? you have to reach the Q/F at least please....

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Moose said:
Sousa to serve for the 2nd set.

Maybe it is just me, but I am still not sold on Murray as a great clay courter.

You're not the only one! Novak and Rafa are miles ahead of the rest despite recent form. This tournament doesn't really start until the quarters on the top half. But the bottom half is a toss up. I wouldn't be shocked to see Berd-man in the final. The nightmare scenario is a Djokovic - Berdych final. I hope and pray Roger can make it through, but Gael terrifies me :nono I'm not confident in the least :cover

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
What's wrong with Novak? They just switched over to show him receiving treatment. Hope it's not serious?

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
What's wrong with Novak? They just switched over to show him receiving treatment. Hope it's not serious?

Exactly - hope nothing serious. He did win the set, so that's reason to be optimistic.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:

naah..more rope-a-dope drama queen ham acting:faint they just showed it on itv4.