Roland Garros - Day 5, Thursday May 28 - Order of Play

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I worry about that hip injury that Nole has. Hopefully it is nothing serious and will pass quickly.:heart:

Great job by Sousa for taking a set off Andy.

Nehmeth...beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Joao+Sousa+French+Open+Day+1+N6Agt3IvfNPl.jpg

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
djokovic is faking as usual, no injury. its all a waggon load of bollux.

Why would he fake something in a 2nd round match where there was no threat for him whatsoever?:nono

He is just extremely cautious, which served him well so far in his career.

Anyway, here is his explanation....you can read about Coric and what Nole thinks about him if you want. I know you are interested in Borna.

http://novakdjokovicfanclub.com/2015/05/28/press-conference-novak-djokovic-vs-gille-smuller-roland-garros-2nd-round-2015/

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
is it just me do both fed and djoker use drop shots a lot more on clay than they normally do...something i noticed

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
crystalfire said:
is it just me do both fed and djoker use drop shots a lot more on clay than they normally do...something i noticed

You want to have 30 stroke rallies over 3+ hours on clay? "I'd start dropping shots like MJ in his prime!" :p :angel: :dodgy:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
crystalfire said:

It's not something unique to Novak or Roger. If you watch a lot of the other matches, some of the clay court guys are even more adept with the dropper. It works a lot better on clay than it does on cement, so it's used more.

:)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
crystalfire said:

For a long time Roger considered "drop shot" as a cheap shot and never used it. However, he learnt both that it is not a cheap shot and how to use it in the later half of his career.

Generally speaking you will see more drop shots on clay courts than in other courts. That is because they are more effective on clay as players tend to stay a mile behind the baseline while engaging in a rally.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
crystalfire said:

For a long time Roger considered "drop shot" as a cheap shot and never used it. However, he learnt both that it is not a cheap shot and how to use it in the later half of his career.

Generally speaking you will see more drop shots on clay courts than in other courts. That is because they are more effective on clay as players tend to stay a mile behind the baseline while engaging in a rally.

I understand where you're all coming from though; a lot more evident with Nole and Roger these days playing the drop shot! It's a standard play of both; esp. Nole with the drop, then lob volley over the head! He loses a lot of those with Rafa who just doesn't give up! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Billie said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
djokovic is faking as usual, no injury. its all a waggon load of bollux.

Why would he fake something in a 2nd round match where there was no threat for him whatsoever?:nono

He is just extremely cautious, which served him well so far in his career.

Anyway, here is his explanation....you can read about Coric and what Nole thinks about him if you want. I know you are interested in Borna.

http://novakdjokovicfanclub.com/2015/05/28/press-conference-novak-djokovic-vs-gille-smuller-roland-garros-2nd-round-2015/
good interview. aware of borna and the under-20 gaggle of players.

pic of zlatan ibrahimovic watching tennis and not scoring goals or getting himself sent off.