Roland Garros - Day 5, Thursday May 28 - Order of Play

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
I am disgusted by Almagro. But then I recall 2008. I guess I should just keep my mouth shut! :(

Mate, if you were hanging your hopes on Almagro then maybe a reality check is in order.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
federberg said:
I am disgusted by Almagro. But then I recall 2008. I guess I should just keep my mouth shut! :(

Mate, if you were hanging your hopes on Almagro then maybe a reality check is in order.

Lol! Definitely not. But.. every dog has his day. There's always a tiny expectation at the beginning, and then he rudely extinguishes it again :nono

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not every dog has his day... and Almagro is more like a puppy in headlights when he's playing a top gun.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Not every dog has his day... and Almagro is more like a puppy in headlights when he's playing a top gun.

Can't argue with that. The guy has talent, but no stones. He's like the anti-Ferrer in a way

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
El Dude said:
Holy crap, what heart this kid has. Great job.

Now he faces Novak Djokovic. Gulp.

Well, after Djokovic beats Gilles Muller. ;) Great job by the kid! And congrats to all for the terrible Kokkinakis jokes. I did literally laugh out loud. :lolz:

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Anyone else liking Borna's chances against Disco Tommy?

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I do. I think Borna is poised for a leap and, along with Kyrgios, could end the year in the top 20.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Moose said:

That match could tell us lot about Coric, but my instinct is to go with experience there. Tommy must always be respected, particularly on this surface

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
El Dude said:
Holy crap, what heart this kid has. Great job.

Now he faces Novak Djokovic. Gulp.

Excuse me! Are we writing Muller off before he even takes the court today? Ya just never know; Nole could come out "in a real mood!" :eyepop :angel: :lolz: :laydownlaughing

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
Moose said:

That match could tell us lot about Coric, but my instinct is to go with experience there. Tommy must always be respected, particularly on this surface

Nice match so far. Could watch Tommy's backhand all day. Coric has been finding himself way behind the baseline, but I like how he continues to press forward.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Only watched a couple games, but I'd give the edge to Tommy today. Borna has such promise, but he seems to have a hard time finishing points. He has great movement and defense, though - he just doesn't seem to be able to hit authoritative winners.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
Moose said:

I've always been a fan of Tommy, but I think age might be setting in, and this is a surface that rewards youth and energy. Tommy has only had one win over a Top 30 player all year (Grigor, at IW), and I just see Borna as fired up about going to the next level. Yes, you have to respect experience, and that might be the edge that gives the match to Tommy. But I think this is a great opportunity for Borna to show he's ready for prime time.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
El Dude said:
Clever signature, Moose.

Thanks. Been a fan since 2005, and have been waiting for him to win this event since 2006. I am cautiously optimistic about his chances :)

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Sadly, ESPN3 is only showing Coric/Robredo as a delayed replay match.