Roland Garros - Day 5, Thursday May 28 - Order of Play

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Moose said:
federberg said:
What's wrong with Novak? They just switched over to show him receiving treatment. Hope it's not serious?

Exactly - hope nothing serious. He did win the set, so that's reason to be optimistic.

Maybe he's practising his bird with a 'broken wing act' for a Murray semi :snicker

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Now Novak fans, I expect you to come down on me like a ton of bricks, for my sinful joke! :lolz:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
federberg said:
Moose said:
federberg said:
What's wrong with Novak? They just switched over to show him receiving treatment. Hope it's not serious?

Exactly - hope nothing serious. He did win the set, so that's reason to be optimistic.

Maybe he's practising his bird with a 'broken wing act' for a Murray semi :snicker

Nole's been known to take on the act of another player; overtly and surreptitiously! :p :devil

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'd like to watch Carreno-Sock and Tommy- Coric matches but unfortunately the TV has not so good broadcast like the years before :cover :puzzled

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
Now Novak fans, I expect you to come down on me like a ton of bricks, for my sinful joke! :lolz:

I am not falling for that trap.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
federberg said:

I am not falling for that trap.

Lol! Clearly you're not sensitive enough and don't show your player enough support :nono

:laydownlaughing

A completely sane reaction to dodgy behaviour. If only fans of other players were like you :clap

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lolwut ? murray got time violation waiting for the replay to stop on big screen.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Can any US viewers post links to some free streams to watch different matches. The TV coverage sucks in the early rounds once ESPN stops showing.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Borna a game away from a 2-1 lead.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^That's great for the kid. Like his style. But with Robredo it's only over when it's over. The guy is like a cockroach

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
nishikori gets a walkover to rd 4..according to wiki mens singles card.

who was he due to play?

b. becker lol. :D 47yr old boom boom boris beat vernando fiasco 10-8 in the 5th..

clearly overdid it and withdrew from 3rd rd with nishikori.

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Anyone else surprised to learn that Rafa and Tommy have only faced each other 7 times in their careers, and never on clay? I figured Rafa would prefer playing Robredo, since he would be very knowledgeable and comfortable with his style of play, but was very surprised when I saw the head to head.

EDIT - never mind - the site I checked H2H had it all wrong- they have actually played 7 times, 2X on clay, with Rafa 7-0 against Tommy.

BTW, Coric is 1-0 against Rafa.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
federberg said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
nishikori gets a walkover to rd 4..according to wiki mens singles card.

who was he due to play?

b. becker lol. :D 47yr old boom boom boris beat vernando fiasco 10-8 in the 5th..

clearly overdid it and withdrew from 3rd rd with nishikori.

Now I have to give two more thumbs down to Fernando for failing to come through that match. Losing to Benjamin Becker on clay is a very bad performance.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Moose said:
Sousa to serve for the 2nd set.

Maybe it is just me, but I am still not sold on Murray as a great clay courter.

C'mon... "great" maybe is too much, but "good" is the least we can say.