Roland Garros - Day 5, Thursday May 28 - Order of Play

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Sousa is in pretty good form... It might not be an easy out for Murray.

Murray just broke for a 1-0 lead. Sousa just used up his mojo in that first game.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I haven't seen the match but I read and was told that Rafa has played almost a perfect game, moving like his best times and seems to be close to his best level. He didn't give too much opportunities to Almagro to do anything.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murray takes 12 min for first game! so that means...add by 6...carry the 2...multiply by 3....This match should be over in about seven hours.:cool:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Gotta rant. Some of the Federer/Nadal Twitter people are absolutely nauseating. My gawd. Cuterer? Nadalicious?

:gross:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carol35 said:
I haven't seen the match but I read and was told that Rafa has played almost a perfect game, moving like his best times and seems to be close to his best level. He didn't give too much opportunities to Almagro to do anything.

No. Rafa's 1st serve percentage in the first set was too low, and he failed to serve it out at 5-3. Overall, Almagro kept it tighter than the score indicates, until the 3rd. However, Nadal served better after the first, and the backhand was working pretty nicely. He did well, overall, but "almost perfect" it was not.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Gotta rant. Some of the Federer/Nadal Twitter people are absolutely nauseating. My gawd. Cuterer? Nadalicious?

:gross:

That's why I don't do social media. Too many crazies... :nono

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
hum...pirate feeds are back up but screenfreeze is not ideal. borna coric v robredo stopped moving.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watching Murray/Sousa on Eurosport... FFS I wish McEnroe would shut up sometimes... The man likes the sound of his own voice more than the tennis he's watching. He's already predicted Nadal, Djokovic, Stan and Monfils are his title contendors.. Don't like the captain picks too much.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:

watched around 15 mins, mal aggro was his usual ufe self and rafa still looks slow. but he was always going to win this.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Carol35 said:

No. Rafa's 1st serve percentage in the first set was too low, and he failed to serve it out at 5-3. Overall, Almagro kept it tighter than the score indicates, until the 3rd. However, Nadal served better after the first, and the backhand was working pretty nicely. He did well, overall, but "almost perfect" it was not.

Pretty much that. For me the only "worrying" part was the second serve. A better returner would have give him trouble, but once he got control of points, it was typical Nadal. Movement seem good, forehand too. Backhand not great but it has never looked great lately... so a step forward, I suppose.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Carol35 said:

That's what Fabrice Santoro has said "he has played almost a perfect game"

Moose

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Good on Borna taking the first set, but dang, 38% 1st serve percentage. You are not going deep in a Slam with those kind of numbers.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Some of you may think that it's great seeing Novak playing the way he is, but it's probably not that good. In the rallies he gets no rhythm, he either hits a winner or Muller makes a terrible error. The Big Kokk just played a five setter and surely won't be up for the task, so this is terrible prep for Djoko for a baseliner like Nadal.