Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djokovic in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It isn't Anything wrong with his knee. Novak has been sliding while being fully stretched out. Carlitos is reading his serves very well and putting foot to ball.. Father Time hasn't grabbed Novak yet
Agreed. It's all relative. Djokovic is moving fine but Alcaraz is off the charts... it gives the illusion that Novak was bitten on the arse by a Komodo Dragon before they walked onto court.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
that was as brutal a beat down as I can recall in a Wimbledon final for many a year. Who would. have thought that the women's final was more competitive. Wow!! I think we can call this the changing of the guard no?

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
While it is always more complex, and the tide has been shifting for awhile, I wouldn't be surprised if people look back on this match as the true end of the Big Three and the passing of the baton.

I mean, there were bubblings starting in 2017 when Next Gen started winning big titles, then the great years of Zverev and Medvedev in 2021, then Alcaraz in 2022, and Sinner earlier this year. But Djokodal and then just Djokovic re-asserted their dominance, and of course Novak capped it of with one of best years in 2023.

But the steamrolling going on right now, and the fact that it will Alcaraz's second straight defeat of Novak at WImbledon, seems to be the moment that signifies the Shift of Ages.

that was as brutal a beat down as I can recall in a Wimbledon final for many a year. Who would. have thought that the women's final was more competitive. Wow!! I think we can call this the changing of the guard no?

@Federberg, see my post above.

Reactions: Federberg

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
It is also worth pointing out that this is the first year since 2003 that the majority of Slams have gone to non-Big Three players. You had half in 2014 (Cilic, Wawrinka), but otherwise it has been all or 3-of-4 for the Big Four from 2004-23. 20 years.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is also worth pointing out that this is the first year since 2003 that the majority of Slams have gone to non-Big Three players. You had half in 2014 (Cilic, Wawrinka), but otherwise it has been all or 3-of-4 for the Big Four from 2004-23. 20 years.
Realistically, there is only one left. In modern parlance, Carlos is a Big Three Player.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fantastic match for Carlos! Novak tried to mount some resistance in the third, but the Spaniard didn’t allow it. Well done young man.

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That was
The odds increase if Rafa can get back to ear 100 percent and if Rafa steals the US Open..

If IF IF. I know if was a fifth we all would be....

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Funny enough I was thinking yesterday this could be over quickly. Djoke hadn't played anybody who could test him so we never knew his level. I was convinced that Charlie had not shown his best level during the fortnight and it would be on display today. Tough sledding for the veteran today.

Congrats Carlitos on major #4. :trophy: