Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Djokovic in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Unbelievable!! Subconsciously, I still see him as the new Nadal but he isn’t. He is an amazing player.
I think that's why old Federer fans have trouble warming to him. But try this: take his game and personality and accomplishments, and insert them into Holger Rune...blonde, blue-eyed Dane. Then, after "greatest male teenager since Nadal," the similarities pretty much end.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think that's why old Federer fans have trouble warming to him. But try this: take his game and personality and accomplishments, and insert them into Holger Rune...blonde, blue-eyed Dane. Then, after "greatest male teenager since Nadal," the similarities pretty much end.
I actually like Charlie. His game is complete at 21.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah he might well retire soon I reckon. Movement isn't where it should be. Late to a lot of balls.
He's still just weeks off of surgery...he just hasn't played much of anyone since. Alcaraz is a different deal.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
He's still just weeks off of surgery...he just hasn't played much of anyone since. Alcaraz is a different deal.
All true but it's the amount of lame errors due to his poor movement that's the problem.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I actually like Charlie. His game is complete at 21.
I can see that from your comment, but I liked that you copped to the fact that, subconsciously, it is (or was) hard to get past the initial similarities. I read that it was a poster of Federer he had on his wall as a kid. He's got a lot of tools in the tool kit, this kid.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
To me Alcaraz is like some mad chemist mixed up elements of each of the Big Three in a vat, mixed them together, and added in some unique boyish charm (Frankenraz?!). He almost seems like the perfect player. I don't see any significant weaknesses.

Reactions: Moxie and atttomole

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
In other words, aside from the nationality, he doesn't seem more Nadalian than Djokovan or Federian.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can see that from your comment, but I liked that you copped to the fact that, subconsciously, it is (or was) hard to get past the initial similarities. I read that it was a poster of Federer he had on his wall as a kid. He's got a lot of tools in the tool kit, this kid.
Of course he is Spanish, and occasionally makes Nadalesque fist pumps.

Charlie will try to protect his idol’s record at Wiimbledon. I think he is aware of that!!

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To me Alcaraz is like some mad chemist mixed up elements of each of the Big Three in a vat, mixed them together, and added in some unique boyish charm (Frankenraz?!). He almost seems like the perfect player. I don't see any significant weaknesses.
I thought the same. He has got everything. Having watched him for 2 years, what is most surprising for me is his serve.

Reactions: El Dude

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
While it is always more complex, and the tide has been shifting for awhile, I wouldn't be surprised if people look back on this match as the true end of the Big Three and the passing of the baton.

I mean, there were bubblings starting in 2017 when Next Gen started winning big titles, then the great years of Zverev and Medvedev in 2021, then Alcaraz in 2022, and Sinner earlier this year. But Djokodal and then just Djokovic re-asserted their dominance, and of course Novak capped it of with one of best years in 2023.

But the steamrolling going on right now, and the fact that it will Alcaraz's second straight defeat of Novak at WImbledon, seems to be the moment that signifies the Shift of Ages.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It isn't Anything wrong with his knee. Novak has been sliding while being fully stretched out. Carlitos is reading his serves very well and putting foot to ball.. Father Time hasn't grabbed Novak yet