US Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Thank God I am not one of you:) I might remind you the same thing at the AO 2025, or the Italian Open in 2025
BTW I will cheer for anyone I choose regardless of what Slam or tournament where in.
MM
It's probably the downloaded tune of the summer. Goggle it

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh wait Frances does have a good chance Moxie to get to the SF he plays Grigor who folds like an tent when he gets higher tournaments

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie
Did you just read my post to you I didnt know Frances will play Grigor in the QFs he does have a good chance of beating him, as Grigor folds like a Tent

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Snap! Talking about his next opponent, Dimitrov, Frances said, "He's playing some great tennis at the later stages of his career." I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, but it made me laugh. Then he shouted out Tony Goldwyn!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie
Did you just read my post to you I didnt know Frances will play Grigor in the QFs he does have a good chance of beating him, as Grigor folds like a Tent
I did read it, and I thought it was a bit harsh on Tiafoe. You gave me a hard time for criticizing Nakashima, who lost his match, so I am going to give you a hard time for giving Tiafoe little chance, when he actually won his. Yes, Grigor is a big ol' folder, but that's still just the QFs. But look who's left. And Sinner's on the other half. This could be a great chance for Frances.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I did read it, and I thought it was a bit harsh on Tiafoe. You gave me a hard time for criticizing Nakashima, who lost his match, so I am going to give you a hard time for giving Tiafoe little chance, when he actually won his. Yes, Grigor is a big ol' folder, but that's still just the QFs. But look who's left. And Sinner's on the other half. This could be a great chance for Frances.
Look he may defeat Grigor , he still has holes in his game, that can be exposed, for me he has to be a more consistent player just not on the Amercian HC, to become a all suface player, he did well on the grass, this year, at times he loses focus and plays to a crowd when you get up to the business end of a tournament thats when you have to be 'locked in, lets see how he goes, he has to convince me otherwise,

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Look he may defeat Grigor , he still has holes in his game, that can be exposed, for me he has to be a more consistent player just not on the Amercian HC, to become a all suface player, he did well on the grass, this year, at times he loses focus and plays to a crowd when you get up to the business end of a tournament thats when you have to be 'locked in, lets see how he goes, he has to convince me otherwise,
I'm just talking about this US Open, which is pretty wide open on the men's side, and he's in the QFs, so he'll only have 3 more guys in front of him, and none of them is Djokovic, (who's half he was in,) or Alcaraz. And he just beat the guy who took out Djokovic.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm just talking about this US Open, which is pretty wide open on the men's side, and he's in the QFs, so he'll only have 3 more guys in front of him, and none of them is Djokovic, (who's half he was in,) or Alcaraz. And he just beat the guy who took out Djokovic.
Lets be honest Pop wasnt the same player that beat Novak okay, Pop had a let down coming into the match, which happens, I mean he should have won the 2nd set, won the 3rd set,
We have seen players beating a big seed fail in their next match many times
Lets see how Frances fares against Grigor before he goes any further

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BTW who buys Chris Eubanks clothes he always looks smart on court, or he has great fashion sense and they are his own clothes
I love Chris Eubanks. I wish he could get back to fulfilling his tennis potential, but he's definitely going to be a great commentator and interviewer when he quits tennis.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I love Chris Eubanks. I wish he could get back to fulfilling his tennis potential, but he's definitely going to be a great commentator and interviewer when he quits tennis.
It seem Chris is more intent on commentating than playing tennis these days, pity

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am off to watch Zheng v Vekic finally and AP can join me if he wishes :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It seem Chris is more intent on commentating than playing tennis these days, pity
I don't think it's what he wants as much as what may be left to him. He had an awfully long injury break, which led him to working for TC. He may never be able to get much of his tennis playing career back. Unlike Kyrgios, who seems to prefer it.

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lets be honest Pop wasnt the same player that beat Novak okay, Pop had a let down coming into the match, which happens, I mean he should have won the 2nd set, won the 3rd set,
We have seen players beating a big seed fail in their next match many times
Lets see how Frances fares against Grigor before he goes any further
Still, it's what's in front of you that you play. And I don't really think anyone left in the bottom half is actually more talented than he is. Maybe Dimitrov, but as you say, he's not a man for the big moments. Zverev is more experienced at this altitude, but definitely not more talented. Same with Fritz. As to the top half, well, let's see who comes out of it. Luck and timing could surely play a role in who wins the title this year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BYW this is a nice stat for Frances Tiafoe,
Frances has become the first American man to reach 3 consecutive USO QFs since 2008
Last man to do it was Andy Roddick (2006-2008)

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Still, it's what's in front of you that you play. And I don't really think anyone left in the bottom half is actually more talented than he is. Maybe Dimitrov, but as you say, he's not a man for the big moments. Zverev is more experienced at this altitude, but definitely not more talented. Same with Fritz. As to the top half, well, let's see who comes out of it. Luck and timing could surely play a role in who wins the title this year.
Quite frankly I feel you have to have more than 'luck to win a GS' title that is my opinion, I still feel it is out of 3 players, but that is why we will watch tennis especially at the business end of a tournament, I didnt think Novak or Alcaraz could win, not with their first couple of matches,lets see who comes out on top

Last edited: