US Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Brandon wins the 1st 63, against Zed it was tough, it did it, gee he is playing well with conviction!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Brandon has come back to earth a bit, Zed handing him a bread stick in the 2nd set
1 set all
Come On Brandon go back to what you were doing in the 1st set!
Not to be
Zed leading 2 sets to 1
Zed wins in 4 sets 36 61 62 62
Well done to Brandon making the 4th round of the USO, he has had a solid Summer with good wins along the way!

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Brandon has come back to earth a bit, Zed handing him a bread stick in the 2nd set
1 set all
Come On Brandon go back to what you were doing in the 1st set!
Not to be
Zed leading 2 sets to 1
Zed wins in 4 sets 36 61 62 62
Well done to Brandon making the 4th round of the USO, he has had a solid Summer with good wins along the way!
I didn't see the first, but Brandon really fell off after, which is too bad. He needs to look at what happened. Formidable opponent, but shouldn't have gone AWOL.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First set Tiafoe! Go Frances!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Two Slams won by the remaining 16, with only single Slam winners. Both the Sinner and Medvedev matches have upset potential, too.

Love the fact that one of the bottom eight is going to be in the final. Lots of backed up man-jewels in that lot.

Anyhow, while it seems Sinner's title to lose, not sure how this one is going to turn out. I'd love to see Zverev finally get his trophy, even if he's a total sphincter, and a Dimitrov win at age 33 would be fun, making him the oldest first-timer since Andres Gimeno in 1972. But who knows, maybe Rublev makes it past the QF.
If Dimitrov won, wouldn't that be finally one for the Lost Gen? I'm not averse to that, but less than enthusiastic. I'd like to see Sinner win it, although Front is predictably against that outcome. Cannot root for Zverev. Sorry.

I can root for Tiafoe, though.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Frances breaks back to put us back on serve.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't see the first, but Brandon really fell off after, which is too bad. He needs to look at what happened. Formidable opponent, but shouldn't have gone AWOL.
Come on give him a pass okay he has had some solid wins this Summer, he was kind out of his depth, a learning curve, I was hoping for a upset as he took the 1st set, not to be
I have to pray that Fritz can get rid of Zed in the QFs :)

Last edited: