Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Roland Garros Update,
OUT: Mensik
IN: Wolf ( LL will play against Alcaraz) Kovalik ( LL will play against Giron)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner ( source Tennis Now)
" The hip feels good.I'm happy to be here.For sure, the general physical shape is not there where I want to be, you know, though the last tests we had were positive, that is why I am here.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Alcaraz says he's able to practice without pain, he dosent think he'll need a lot of matches to reach his top level
"We did really good work on the forearm to recover the injury as soon as possible. ( source Roland Garros press)

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just a reminder for the drawchallenge. Get your picks in time!

For the ones living in US and all the way down to Strait of Magellan, you better do it today. For the ones in Europe and Australia you can still do it on Sunday morning while sipping coffee, and that includes you MM. Don't come later saying you have your picks on some piece of paper.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Last night started filling out the RG challenge bracket and then just gave up. I just have no idea. But I'll give it another shot.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murray and Stan in the first round. Once upon a time that would have been a marquee clash.
Yep, seven years ago - 2017 being the last year we saw anything close to vintage Murray.

Reactions: Fiero425

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Some good analysis on some main contenders at Roland Garros. I haven't heard Tom Corrie before, but occasionally watch Gill Gross and enjoy his insights.

(Watching it now...comments/summary to follow)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some good analysis on some main contenders at Roland Garros. I haven't heard Tom Corrie before, but occasionally watch Gill Gross and enjoy his insights.

(Watching it now...comments/summary to follow)

I listen to Gil Gross podcasts and he is very insightful with his comments.

Reactions: El Dude

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Round 1, Sunday, May 26, 2024

1716669705683.png

1716669749165.png

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa won his practice session with Meddy earlier today, actually he has won all his practice sessions so far, though you cant gauge a practice session against a match
This is what I was alluring too last week. The more his body heals he will feel more confident of playing tennis a while longer than this year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is what I was alluring too last week. The more his body heals he will feel more confident of playing tennis a while longer than this year.

We Gonna See No? watched his practice session at Susane Leglen today against Rune it was packed to the rafters
I love that court it is the People's Viewing Court your up close and personal, it also has a new roof
Also it is probably the fastest court at RG, where Chatrier is much bigger and slower
BTW Rafa has asked for a day match against Zverev? and he will probably get it, good thinking at night the balls are heavier and his top spin is not as lethal

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
We Gonna See No? watched his practice session at Susane Leglen today against Rune it was packed to the rafters
I love that court it is the People's Viewing Court your up close and personal, it also has a new roof
Also it is probably the fastest court at RG, where Chatrier is much bigger and slower
BTW Rafa has asked for a day match against Zverev? and he will probably get it, good thinking at night the balls are heavier and his top spin is not as lethal
I have Rafa's match listed at high noon on Monday. You may have to check

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I do know one thing there are many players without slams that would do well to put everything in this slam as I doubt they will get a better opportunity with so many questions heading into RG about players that would be the favorites.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just a reminder for the drawchallenge. Get your picks in time!

For the ones living in US and all the way down to Strait of Magellan, you better do it today. For the ones in Europe and Australia you can still do it on Sunday morning while sipping coffee, and that includes you MM. Don't come later saying you have your picks on some piece of paper.
I'm working on mine now. Thanks for the reminder. Also, extra credit points for mention of Straits of Magellan! That doesn't get a shout out around here much. The sailor in you? I was coming over to say...what has happened to Adrian Mannarino of late? I'd love to pick him, but he's got an Italian qualifier, so kind of a coin flip.
Last night started filling out the RG challenge bracket and then just gave up. I just have no idea. But I'll give it another shot.
Sometimes you gotta go with either flags or your gut, and move on. We all know a lot of picks are just going to be wrong this year.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm working on mine now. Thanks for the reminder. Also, extra credit points for mention of Straits of Magellan! That doesn't get a shout out around here much. The sailor in you?
I guess so, though I never passed down there.
I was coming over to say...what has happened to Adrian Mannarino of late? I'd love to pick him, but he's got an Italian qualifier, so kind of a coin flip.
Mannarino can't win a match on clay lately, so I went with Italian.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

It's a pitty Nadal could not get ready for South American clay swing this year. Build some confidence down there, get competitive, warm the engines. Then skip sunshine double and work his way slowly through all his usual schedule in Europe. Swapp Madrid for Barcelona. Now it feels like RG came too early and there was not enough time to wake up the beast.

However, this match against Zverev is still a head scratcher for many and all I know is Rafa won't be going down easy. If Zverev shows any sign of insecurity on the court, Rafa will bite and won't let him go. It's crucial that Rafa starts strong and sends the message to the other side (read: no weak ass spins falling in half way to baseline, but deep flat bombs instead).

I chose Zverev based on current form, but I won't be surprised if it goes the other way.

Reactions: Front242
Status
Not open for further replies.