Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Alcaraz ( source The Tennis Letter) says his arm is 100% fully recovered and he still plans to play doubles with Rafa Nadal at the Olympics
"If everything goes well, we are still going to play doubles here".

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fun Fact,
Tonights show down between Wawrinka (39) and Murray (37) is the second oldest match up at Roland Garros this century behind Ivo Karlovic (40) and Feliciano Lopez (37) in the 2019 first round!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Stan has hit some sweet BH's tonite

Well, DUH! That's what he's known for! :facepalm: Stan's dismissed Novak enough times in the majors at critical times w/ it! SW, along w/ Murray are the epitome of "what could have been" due to the excellence of the Big 3! Wawrinka had so much in the way of talent & skill, but got the extra whammy of having Federer being his countryman & senior before him! He never overcame a psychological advantage Roger stole from him, along w/ many events/matches like their 2014 YEC SF! Technically this is old time tenns going on here w/ Wawrinka & Murray! There's nothing going on that didn't a decade ago! Unfortunately for Murray, his stubborness to stick w/ his defensive counter-punching ain't working for him as he's being run into the ground by Stan; down a set & a break! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Young Mensik dropped out without (yet) given a reason, so Ruud gets a walkover. I guess it came too late to put in a lucky loser. That's a shame for someone who would have like to at least make the money.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Young Mensik dropped out without (yet) given a reason, so Ruud gets a walkover. I guess it came too late to put in a lucky loser. That's a shame for someone who would have like to at least make the money.
I thought Mensik was supposed to play Charlie and was replaced by LL JJ Wolf

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't have the option to watch Jarry, but he's about to get dumped out early. Anyway know if he's got an issue, or just being out-played?

Kei Nishkori won in 5. And Murray's about to go down.

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Stan from out of the files w/ some vintage stuff dismisses Muzz in straights. And then a little bromance at the net. Who knew Wawa had it in him?

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jon Wertheim is just a journalist not a tennis analyst..he sticks with tennis because it's the only sports swim lane he is allowed to be tolerated. He tried to cover basketball years ago but got ran out of NBA coverage. Just stick with @kskate2 Keli, she is our unbiased tennis guru
I like Jon Wertheim, and I don't see why you have to be so rude to him. He picked Rafa to win tomorrow. You could nicer. :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I like Jon Wertheim, and I don't see why you have to be so rude to him. He picked Rafa to win tomorrow. You could nicer. :)
I think I was being very fair to Jon Wertheim plus I stated I enjoy our Keli @kskate2 perspective better. What did I say that was rude?

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Kei Nishorki had back injuries in his match today had the trainer out, it has been a ongoing problem for Kei

Status
Not open for further replies.