Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just tuning in. His arm has so many bandages they may put him in a pyramid! Is he okay?
It's just a sleeve, according to commentators, and it's just a precaution, at this point, or a comfort? Milos Raonic kept his sleeve after whatever his injury was, because he'd gotten used to it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe this was the match Carlos needed to get rid of his cobwebs on both his fh and bh wings
At one stage he had 24 UFE on his fhand alone, that is not the Carlos we are used to seeing

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
All play is cancelled for the day on the outside courts
Tomorrow's schedule will be crazy
And the forecast is terrible again

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Considering Nadal's record at Roland Garros, Novak has pushed him much harder than anyone else. The point is that Novak's performance against Herbert doesn't really matter. He won... winning ugly in early major rounds is part and parcel of it. Nadal lost against Sascha.
Two really different levels of opponent, as you know. That's why people were making that particular comparison.

Reactions: Fiero425

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would like to add that some of those Alcaraz's serves were mind boggling. What I mean is that on the AD court, he was serving closer to the doubles alley. It seems like he does not trust his serve or some of his FH.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gosh because the ladies match went 3 sets on Chatrier, finally after 9.00pm Sinner v Gasquet

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stan and Pavel‘s match is beginning to get good. Both exhibiting some of the excellent shotmaking they are capable of.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
To be fair, for a tennis player, a forearm or wrist injury is a scary injury because it can affect the way you hit a particular shot (Delpo and Thiem are prime example). Now, hip injuries aren't better by any means either. Basically, both Alcaraz and Sinner's injuries before RG aren't something to mess around with.

I keep telling you guys, today's players will have serious & chronic injury issues due to the speed of the game & the grind of long, lengthy points! Been suggesting to Carlos since very early on to pull back & try not making the "highlight reel" w/ every match! Sinner needs some bulk or he'll end up just "breaking!" I'm so glad I'll be letting tennis go pretty soon! Only a handful have the skills worth watching while most are just elevating ball bashing to new heights; even the women! Swiatek barely got by Osaka who was playing out of her mind & held a match point before Iga roared back to take it in 3! I thought it was all over for her! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kotov breaks Stan at love for 5-3 in the 2nd set. No mistakes from Stan, Pavel just upped his level and hit jaw dropping winners.

And Stan breaks back, keeping the ball in play and letting the moment weigh on Kotov.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner up 2 sets to love over Gasquet and has a early break in the 3rd set
A good match for Sinner rhythm wise
This time last year he was outed in the 2nd round at RG

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Except suddenly, his movement looks a little tricky. Hopefully just lack of match-fitness. Two more holds and he can rest up.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Most enjoyable match I have seen in some time. Excellent level. Momentum shifts. Unbelievable shot making from both guys. My pick to win the French is gone. Kotov closes it out in four sets.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Except suddenly, his movement looks a little tricky. Hopefully just lack of match-fitness. Two more holds and he can rest up.
Sinner said in the post-match interview and press conference that his hip was fine. Basically, it’s probably just lack of match-fitness. The match started late also so it have affected his stamina a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.