Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos it would help your cause if you moved your feet to start with?
De Jong has taken his match to you and has a break now in the start of the 4th set
One point at a time Carlos

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Charlie keeps overhitting and is now broken in the opening game in 4th set. All credit to his opponent too, who is playing with 'nothing to lose' attitude.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Considering Nadal's record at Roland Garros, Novak has pushed him much harder than anyone else. The point is that Novak's performance against Herbert doesn't really matter. He won... winning ugly in early major rounds is part and parcel of it. Nadal lost against Sascha.
2-8 against Ralf, many of the losses where he just crumbled and ate the bagels. I understood your point.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel it is one of those days where Alcaraz is not fully co-ordinated we all have them, his footwork to me has gone missing, on clay your foot work is a vital key!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I thought that Alcaraz after the 2nd set would race through the 3rd set?
Agree with Don Fabio he is spraying errors left right and centre
Fh and Bh errors
Alcaraz needs to reset ASAP
Hurry up young man I want to watch Sinner, no offence :)
Just tuning in. His arm has so many bandages they may put him in a pyramid! Is he okay?

Last edited:
  • Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just tuning in. His arm so many bandages they may put him in a pyramid! Is he okay?
Carlos started off okay and then started spraying errors on his bh and fh, De Jong is not going away in this match and has taken it to Carlos
Carlos foot work to me is missing a vital key on the clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos 24 UFE on his signature fhand shot?
I can look at this match another way
Maybe this is the match Carlos needs to have early at RG, to get himself out of this slump at present lol!
4 breaks of serve at the start of the 4th set, more like a WTA match :)

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I remembered when people in this forum thought Sinner's hip injury was "worse" than Alcaraz's forearm injury. Alcaraz looks like he is thinking about his forearm.

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I remembered when people in this forum thought Sinner's hip injury was "worse" than Alcaraz's forearm injury. Alcaraz looks like he is thinking about his forearm.
To me a hip injury is worse than a forearm injury for starters, I dont think Alcaraz is thinking about his forearm at all in this match
His problem has been, he has been over hitting his fh and bh and his foot work sucks

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Long term, I have concerns about Sinner’s structure. Right now, he is doing everything he is supposed to on court. It’s breathtaking to see the shot creation and the way he holds his ground when facing a push from his opponent. Is his body built for that kind of wear n tear?

Short term Carlos might need to give that arm a longer rest. But this is the peak of the season. You may be correct that it’s on his mind. If I had my arm taped up that much, I would have trouble with my swing! :facepalm:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To me a hip injury is worse than a forearm injury for starters, I dont think Alcaraz is thinking about his forearm at all in this match
His problem has been, he has been over hitting his fh and bh and his foot work sucks
To be fair, for a tennis player, a forearm or wrist injury is a scary injury because it can affect the way you hit a particular shot (Delpo and Thiem are prime example). Now, hip injuries aren't better by any means either. Basically, both Alcaraz and Sinner's injuries before RG aren't something to mess around with.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nehmeth.

Sinner injured his hip in the gym which is a concern to me, I had a bad aductor injury which took months to heal and had to have physio every other day
When I go to the gym I do lots of work to strenthen that area

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Long term, I have concerns about Sinner’s structure. Right now, he is doing everything he is supposed to on court. It’s breathtaking to see the shot creation and the way he holds his ground when facing a push from his opponent. Is his body built for that kind of wear n tear?

Short term Carlos might need to give that arm a longer rest. But this is the peak of the season. You may be correct that it’s on his mind. If I had my arm taped up that much, I would have trouble with my swing! :facepalm:
Regarding Sinner, I would say so, same with Alcaraz. I think both of them will adjust accordingly in the future. What hurts them forward is the ATP schedule...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
To be fair, for a tennis player, a forearm or wrist injury is a scary injury because it can affect the way you hit a particular shot (Delpo and Thiem are prime example). Now, hip injuries aren't better by any means either. Basically, both Alcaraz and Sinner's injuries before RG aren't something to mess around with.
I am talking about Sinner okay I have had a injury like him and it took months to heal, I still do strength exercises to this very day

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Watching Rublev, he has put in a lot of time working on his backhand… it’s come from being a liability to a being real weapon. Very nice to see.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz is through in 4 sets, well done to De Jong he took his game to Carlos, though seemed gassed in the 4th set

Status
Not open for further replies.