Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune had a pretty straightforward win against the always tough out, Daniel Evans. He played well and was consistent in his focus. I hope he maintains that level.

Cobolli had a slight hiccup, but looked good against Medjedovic. He continues to impress me every time I see him play.

Struff was scary out there today.
Watched very fast highlights of Struff's match before leaving home this morning and scary stuff indeed. Almost unplayable.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am very pleased with this stat!
8 Italian players are into the 2nd round
Sinner
Musetti
Arnaldi
Darderi
Sonego
Cobolli
Fognini
Zeppieri
( Metteo Arnaldi who is just 23 is the 3rd oldest of the group)

Reactions: Moxie and nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Stefanos Tsitsipas looks like a yellow and black Bumblebee in his outfit serving out the 1st set over Altmaier
Stef wins it 6-3
Tsitsipas leads 2 sets to love, won the 2nd set 62, Altmaier has been an easy opponent so far in this match
Stef won 63 62 67(2) 64
Both my commies on this match have said Stef needs a proper coach to take him to the next level, to improve his return, defense and his bhand and bhand slice? they must have been listening to TF over the years :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Play suspended now on outside courts raining
Roofs will be closed on Chatrier and Lenglen, probably all day due to the weather forecast

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know you're kidding me, but the last thing I will do is swear what would have happened in an alternate universe. That is a game I won't play. Yes, I think Rafa played much better yesterday than Novak played today, but the dynamic is different when they play each other, so who knows?
Agreed. With due respect to Herbert, Djokovic would have likely have come in with a different mindset and energy if Nadal was his scheduled first rounder. Totally different circumstances.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Watched very fast highlights of Struff's match before leaving home this morning and scary stuff indeed. Almost unplayable.
If he can bottle his nerves in the later stages of tournaments, he has all the tools to win big.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agreed. With due respect to Herbert, Djokovic would have likely have come in with a different mindset and energy if Nadal was his scheduled first rounder. Totally different circumstances.
You mean he would have gotten all nervous and completely forgotten how to play the way he usually does against Rafa at RG? :lol6:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You mean he would have gotten all nervous and completely forgotten how to play the way he usually does against Rafa at RG? :lol6:
Considering Nadal's record at Roland Garros, Novak has pushed him much harder than anyone else. The point is that Novak's performance against Herbert doesn't really matter. He won... winning ugly in early major rounds is part and parcel of it. Nadal lost against Sascha.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know this guy De Jong, but he's good. He's down two sets v. Alcaraz, but just got a break in the 3rd.

Martina said something funny about Carlos, commenting on how he's got so many tools. She said, "He came out of the package fully assembled."

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No play on the outside courts before 4pm
Forecast only gets better at 7/8 pm

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know this guy De Jong, but he's good. He's down two sets v. Alcaraz, but just got a break in the 3rd.

Martina said something funny about Carlos, commenting on how he's got so many tools. She said, "He came out of the package fully assembled."
I tuned in end of 2nd set. Alcaraz is always worth watching. He is worth my daily data allowance :)

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
All doubles matches have been cancelled for the day, even the ones that had started before the rain came

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am waiting for the Sinner-Gasquet match, but I am currently watching Alcaraz-De Jong

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought that Alcaraz after the 2nd set would race through the 3rd set?
Agree with Don Fabio he is spraying errors left right and centre
Fh and Bh errors
Alcaraz needs to reset ASAP
Hurry up young man I want to watch Sinner, no offence :)

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz seems rushed this 3rd set, I wonder why? He is leading two sets to love atm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
De Jong has not gone away in this match
Alcaraz has all the weapons to defeat him, he lost focus and needs to reset ASAP

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
De Jong wins the 3rd set 62?
Carlos needs to wake up and curb those FH and BH errors to start with

Status
Not open for further replies.