Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rain again though play is still continuing ? not as hard as before
Rain in Paris at this time of the year is not unusual in May, June is where the weather usually picks up and the sunshine

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune was down a break in the 3rd set and broke back and is serving for the match 5-4 against Evans, who I didnt realize was 34 years old
Rune wins in straight sets 64 64 64

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Young Frenchman WC Mpetschi now locked in a 5 set battle with David Goffin, just started the 5th set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great BHDTL winner from David Goffin to clinch a battle of generations beating young Frenchman rising star Mpetshi Perricard in 5 sets!

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Herbert playing better in the 2nd set against Novak
6 all 2nd set into a TB Oh we all know what that means Novak and his TB will surely win
As expected Novak too good in the TB 76(3)
Novak leading 2 sets to love

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The way Novak looks out there, Rafa would have beaten him in three quick sets. His level is nowhere near what Rafa’s was yesterday.
I dont think he looks that bad, remember this is his first match, he did well in the TB

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I dont think he looks that bad, remember this is his first match, he did well in the TB
Yesterday’s Rafa would have crushed the Novak out there today. Tell me that’s not true. He is inspiring great confidence in the locker room. Even Amelie might be able to hop on court and kick his butt.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yesterday’s Rafa would have crushed the Novak out there today. Tell me that’s not true. He is inspiring great confidence in the locker room. Amelie might be able to hop on court and kick his butt.
Well I have to admit Rafa of yesterday would probably beat this version of Novak on court at present, this is his first match and has time to improve, I would not be too worried at this stage, if this was the 2nd week, yes I would be worried

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well I have to admit Rafa of yesterday would probably beat this version of Novak on court at present, this is his first match and has time to improve, I would not be too worried at this stage, if this was the 2nd week, yes I would be worried
He was playing in Geneva a few days ago, so should be showing better form than what we are seeing. I’m not worried as I did not pick him to get past the 3rd or 4th round.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He was playing in Geneva a few days ago, so should be showing better form than what we are seeing. I’m not worried as I did not pick him to get past the 3rd or 4th round.
I read he had a stomach virus in Geneva? he didnt look well to me

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Being a bit of a Fashionista!
Novak may not be playing his best, though I love his outfit at RG, the best I have seen so far for the men!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rune had a pretty straightforward win against the always tough out, Daniel Evans. He played well and was consistent in his focus. I hope he maintains that level.

Cobolli had a slight hiccup, but looked good against Medjedovic. He continues to impress me every time I see him play.

Struff was scary out there today.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune had a pretty straightforward win against the always tough out, Daniel Evans. He played well and was consistent in his focus. I hope he maintains that level.

Cobolli had a slight hiccup, but looked good against Medjedovic. He continues to impress me every time I see him play.

Struff was scary out there today.
Agree, Italian Cobolli has been improving every time he plays, soo many Italians doing well these days, it is hard for me to keep up, though seeing Italy has been lacking in talent for men for awhile,, I dont mind trying to keep tabs on all of them :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yesterday’s Rafa would have crushed the Novak out there today. Tell me that’s not true. He is inspiring great confidence in the locker room. Even Amelie might be able to hop on court and kick his butt.
I'm not sure if Rafa would have beaten Novak yesterday, but there is a good argument. Rafa played more like himself yesterday than Novak did today. PH Herbert is a stylish player, (which goes without saying, as he's French) and played basically as well as he could. Novak is still wobbling around. He could keep it "lockdown" for much of it, but it was far from impressive. I agree with you that the locker room will sense the smell of blood. But he does have a favorable draw. He has time to work his way into form, if the form is there to be found. He had a pretty good serving day, which will help.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW I have done a ATP new top 12 in the rankings thread with the points taken off for RG ( it is not set in stone of course, it is current now where the Top 12 stand before the end of the tournament at RG)

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure if Rafa would have beaten Novak yesterday, but there is a good argument. Rafa played more like himself yesterday than Novak did today. PH Herbert is a stylish player, (which goes without saying, as he's French) and played basically as well as he could. Novak is still wobbling around. He could keep it "lockdown" for much of it, but it was far from impressive. I agree with you that the locker room will sense the smell of blood. But he does have a favorable draw. He has time to work his way into form, if the form is there to be found. He had a pretty good serving day, which will help.
This is just a tease, @Moxie but I can’t believe you have become a Djokovic defender lol…

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There will be some potential interesting 3rd and 4th Round matches coming up. I can’t wait for it!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is just a tease, @Moxie but I can’t believe you have become a Djokovic defender lol…
I know you're kidding me, but the last thing I will do is swear what would have happened in an alternate universe. That is a game I won't play. Yes, I think Rafa played much better yesterday than Novak played today, but the dynamic is different when they play each other, so who knows?

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Round 2, Wednesday, May 29, 2024

1716954443664.png

1716954490125.png

1716954662709.png

Attachments

• 1716954407901.png
    1716954407901.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 16