Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sorry Dude. Still not a believer. I need to see him get to the SF, F and really show up. Not drop a match from 2 sets up.
I get it, but I do think he has a good chance. I actually picked a Zverev-Tsitsipas final (with Stefanos winning) in the draw challenge, perhaps only out of charity for the two blokes.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa said he wants to be back here for OG and hang on tour for a few more months, until he feels it's not fun anymore. He really seemed to enjoy playing today and he was competitive. Probably would beat most of the guys, except top few. Probably beats Djoker at his current form.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Arnaldi has been steadily advancing the ATP ranks. While Fils is talented, Matteo Arnaldi is big on offense and overall improving all the time.
Like most youngsters, Fils has a big game w/ not enough patience. Way too many errors instead of building the point. Something all these young gunz could learn from Nads and Djoke.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa said he wants to be back here for OG and hang on tour for a few more months, until he feels it's not fun anymore. He really seemed to enjoy playing today and he was competitive. Probably would beat most of the guys, except top few. Probably beats Djoker at his current form.
Don,

Rafa has always said he still wants to play as long as he can be competitive, so I guess we will see how that pans out

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I watched that match with Matteo v Fils, he played great controlled tennis today for once :)
For redundancy sake I will repeat myself. I would (SO) much prefer a big hitting offensive player to learn the control of his shots, the game and tempo, than to take a pusher and try to teach him to be offensive. Matteo is a breath of fresh air for me. And clay is probably his third best surface. Looking forward to seeing what he does on the turf and during the US hard court season.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For redundancy sake I will repeat myself. I would (SO) much prefer a big hitting offensive player to learn the control of his shots, the game and tempo, than to take a pusher and try to teach him to be offensive. Matteo is a breath of fresh air for me. And clay is probably his third best surface. Looking forward to seeing what he does on the turf and during the US hard court season.
Agree with Matteo the HC suits his game to a tee, he is a big hitting offensive player, he has to learn at times to play 'percentage tennis' he is young and can/will improve in that area.

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Like most youngsters, Fils has a big game w/ not enough patience. Way too many errors instead of building the point. Something all these young gunz could learn from Nads and Djoke.
Fils is very talented, but without substance. I would be very surprised to see him have any consistency to his career.

Reactions: kskate2

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agree with Matteo the HC suits his game to a tee, he is a big hitting offensive player, he has to learn at times to play 'percentage tennis' he is young and can/will improve in that area.
That’s the beautiful thing… he actually did that today. Maybe the clay forces him to rethink and play the percentage shot where on the cement, he still thinks “ Eff this, I’m going for it”. Lol.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s the beautiful thing… he actually did that today. Maybe the clay forces him to rethink and play the percentage shot where on the cement, he still thinks “ Eff this, I’m going for it”. Lol.
Funny that clay has a habit of making you think what shots you actually need to hit? lol!
To me it separates the men from the boys! and is my favorite time of the year!

Reactions: nehmeth

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Funny that clay has a habit of making you think what shots you actually need to hit? lol!
To me it separates the men from the boys! and is my favorite time of the year!
I've always thought clay separates the men from the boys. Droves of players can whack the fuzz off the ball, but clay requires some thought to building the point, great movement, footwork and timing can expose a player's weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.