49ers @ Chiefs - 49ers in an upset
Bengals @ Panthers - Panthers
Cowboys @ Seahawks - Seahawks
Raiders @ Dolphins - Raiders
Broncos @ Ravens - Ravens

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did you see the flag they called? It was game over right there. That should be #1-#10 on a summary of the game.

I think they should've run on 2nd down and passed on third. If we run it twice the Vikings get the ball with 1:45 and no timeouts which is still plenty of time. We put the ball in Rodgers hands and he delivered what would've been a game ending TD but Adams dropped it.

That call for roughing the passer was one of the worst I've ever seen. What the hell was he meant to do in that tackle? He didn't spear him at all.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
That call for roughing the passer was one of the worst I've ever seen. What the hell was he meant to do in that tackle? He didn't spear him at all.

For some reason the league never seemed to cop to it! They just attribute it to growing pains of the new rule, but that was textbook technique! What else do they want the players to do; lay the QB down gently and tuck him in? It's getting more and more sad by the season! No matter the rules change, each play could be another players last even without contact! That's the game; a lot of times being played on fake cement made to look like grass! The few teams that learned their lesson like the Bears went back to sod! Just pay for the damn upkeep; they make a lot! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes:

Reactions: DarthFed

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For some reason the league never seemed to cop to it! They just attribute it to growing pains of the new rule, but that was textbook technique! What else do they want the players to do; lay the QB down gently and tuck him in? It's getting more and more sad by the season! No matter the rules change, each play could be another players last even without contact! That's the game; a lot of times being played on fake cement made to look like grass! The few teams that learned their lesson like the Bears went back to sod! Just pay for the damn upkeep; they make a lot! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes:

Yep! I remember when the defender had 3 steps on the QB and they used to make the most of it. How much more protection do they want to give the passing game?? Dan Marino would have thrown for 8,000 yards in this era.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

They backed up the replacement ref after Fail Mary disaster in 2012. I knew they'd do the same here. Matthews hit slightly lifted Cousins off the ground as he was putting everything into a deep pass and then mostly landed on the side of Cousins. The ref (and league) are saying Matthews picked him up and drove him into the ground.

I think with CTE and the overall violence of the game that football is in terminal decline. I'm not sure there will be pro football in 50 years, at least not tackle football. And the lengths they are going to protect one player (QB) is leading to disasters like this. Either make it flag football for the QB or give teams the chance to challenge up to 3 penalties per game (replay team in New York can decide on it).

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
They backed up the replacement ref after Fail Mary disaster in 2012. I knew they'd do the same here. Matthews hit slightly lifted Cousins off the ground as he was putting everything into a deep pass and then mostly landed on the side of Cousins. The ref (and league) are saying Matthews picked him up and drove him into the ground.

I think with CTE and the overall violence of the game that football is in terminal decline. I'm not sure there will be pro football in 50 years, at least not tackle football. And the lengths they are going to protect one player (QB) is leading to disasters like this. Either make it flag football for the QB or give teams the chance to challenge up to 3 penalties per game (replay team in New York can decide on it).

Well to me it's the fault of "all concerned;" coaches, players, the league, and the fans! We all want chaos, hits you can hear to the rafter, and actual bones being broken! You can't tell me any differently! A player can be out of bounds with both feet or already on the ground and some a-hole will come flying in there to finish him off! Fans love that as long as it's not one of their players being "taken out!" The last time I saw a player "let up" and jackknifed over another player on the ground so he wouldn't land on him with full force, his reward was his buddy got up untouched and ran into the end zone for a TD! Now I almost don't blame the mayhem because each will take advantage of the other having little to no concern about their own health; "gotta make a play!" The overt cheating which has been accepted by both teams almost justifies the viciousness of the sport where anyone can "be done" for good after ANY PLAY! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :eek: :rip:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I feel stupid for never actually looking at the other non tennis threads until now...

Goodness too late to join your pool, but what the hey, I’m always in for pigskin talk.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I feel stupid for never actually looking at the other non tennis threads until now...

Goodness too late to join your pool, but what the hey, I’m always in for pigskin talk.

I don't think it is late for you to join in. You are in time to make your picks for week 3 (as only Sunday games qualify). I am sure others won't mind if you start a point or 2 behind the lowest score from the current total. What do you think? The more, the merrier.:)

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Saints @ Falcons - Falcons
Packers @ Redskins - Redskins
49ers @ Chiefs - Chiefs
Cowboys @ Seahawks - Seahawks
Raiders @ Dolphins - Dolphins

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Packers @ Redskins - Redskins
49ers @ Chiefs - Chiefs
Cowboys @ Seahawks - Cowboys
Raiders @ Dolphins - Raiders

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@Jelenafan - You can join in and start on 4 pts like Billie mentioned. The more the merrier.

Thanks guys!

Saints @ Falcons - Saints
Packers @ Redskins - Packers
49ers @ Chiefs - Chiefs

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Packers @ Redskins - Packers
49ers @ Chiefs - Chiefs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Packers clearly are fucking trash like every year. Make Alex Smith look good and their overpaid scrub receivers drop everything. The downfall of having Rodgers is the money you have to pay him and the money you waste on marginal talent at receiver that are made to look a lot better than they are. McCarthy better have a one way ticket out of town after this year. His team consistently comes out not ready to play at all. And their scrubs aren't afraid to suck since there is no accountability

Reactions: Fiero425

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Week 3 Scores

Saints @ Falcons - SAINTS (Jelenafan)
Packers @ Redskins - REDSKINS (Billie, Britbox)
49ers @ Chiefs - CHIEFS (Billie, Britbox, Federberg, Jelenafan, Kskate2)
Bengals @ Panthers - PANTHERS (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Jelenafan, Kskate2)
Cowboys @ Seahawks - SEAHAWKS (Billie, DarthFed, Kskate2)
Raiders @ Dolphins - DOLPHINS (Billie, Federberg, Jelenafan)
Broncos @ Ravens - RAVENS (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Jelenafan, Kskate2)

9 - Bille (6+3 Bonus)
5 - Jelenafan
4 - Britbox
4 - Federberg
4 - Kskate2
3 - DarthFed
2 - Moxie (Did Not Play)

Overall Leaderboard

17 - @britbox (13+4)
16 - @Billie (7+9)
12 - @kskate2 (8+4)
11 - @DarthFed (8+3)
10 - @Federberg (6+4)
9 - @Jelenafan (4+5)
8 - @Moxie (6+2)

Next Picks

@kskate2 up next to pick Week 4 matches (7 matches from Sunday games)

Reactions: Billie

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yay, it's been a long time since I earned some bonus points, very well deserved, I might add :lol6: I seem to be doing better when @DarthFed picks the games.;-):

I wish picking the games helped me out. Congrats to your boy Alex Smith, he is forever "decent". Packers have a brutal road schedule, losing this one may be big down the road.

Reactions: Billie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I wish picking the games helped me out. Congrats to your boy Alex Smith, he is forever "decent". Packers have a brutal road schedule, losing this one may be big down the road.

Commentators have suggested they shut Rodgers down while he recoups! It was idiotic to have him out there yesterday on that sloppy field! McCarthy's such an idiot! It's hard to have any sympathy for Rodgers since he's the one that took all that money instead of investing some of it in a defense! It's been said before, but this season might be done for GB with the other 3 teams quite competitive! Minn. sucked yesterday, but who wouldn't think past Buffalo? That was some arse-kcikin', right up there with Detroit manhandling NE last night! :whistle: :facepalm:

Last edited: