Reactions
Chiefs @ Steelers ----------------------------------- Steelers
Dolphins @ Jets ------------------------------------ Jets
Colts @ Redskins ----------------------------------- Redskins
Vikings @ Packers ---------------------------------- Vikings
Panthers @ Falcons ------------------------------- Falcons
Lions @ 49ers --------------------------------------- 49ers
Raiders @ Broncos -------------------------------- Broncos

Are we sure Rodgers is not playing? I am not sure about half of these games. Are Raiders really going 0-2 at the start? I guess we'll see.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Chiefs @ Steelers ----------------------------------- Steelers
Dolphins @ Jets ------------------------------------ Jets
Colts @ Redskins ----------------------------------- Redskins
Vikings @ Packers ---------------------------------- Vikings
Panthers @ Falcons ------------------------------- Falcons
Lions @ 49ers --------------------------------------- 49ers
Raiders @ Broncos -------------------------------- Broncos

Are we sure Rodgers is not playing? I am not sure about half of these games. Are Raiders really going 0-2 at the start? I guess we'll see.

Rodgers practiced yesterday so I'm assuming he will play but will have next to no mobility. If he was healthy that'd still be close to 50-50, the Vikes are better at literally every other position on offense and defense.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Rodgers practiced yesterday so I'm assuming he will play but will have next to no mobility. If he was healthy that'd still be close to 50-50, the Vikes are better at literally every other position on offense and defense.

Well it doesn't make sense for him to play if he will have no mobility. Why don't they rest him and allow to heal a bit? Maybe Vikings are better if you compare players but it doesn't always translate to wins, you know. So your team in your opinion is that bad even when healthy??

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it doesn't make sense for him to play if he will have no mobility. Why don't they rest him and allow to heal a bit? Maybe Vikings are better if you compare players but it doesn't always translate to wins, you know. So your team in your opinion is that bad even when healthy??

I think we are a bottom 5-7 franchise if QB's are not factored in. Vikings are near the top with or without QB factored in. They are our rivals but they deserve a lot of credit for their drafts and personnel moves the past 5 years. They look well-situated to be a top 3-5 team in the NFL for years to come.

I read an article today that Rodgers is expected to play, that there is no ligament damage which is great news obviously. However it is still a pretty serious injury that may take up to 2 months to heal. Needless to say if Rodgers sat out two months they wouldn't have a chance at the playoffs as that is basically what happened last year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Refs just fucked the Packers hard. Wish there was a sniper to take out the ref who called that phantom personal foul

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And our worthless 20 million dollar a year receiver dropped a game ending TD and our idiot kicker missed a game winning FG. That's the garbage franchise

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
And our worthless 20 million dollar a year receiver dropped a game ending TD and our idiot kicker missed a game winning FG. That's the garbage franchise

This is why I've resented athletes that want the money, but don't exactly cough up a refund when they cost a team wins! Reminds me of a baseball arbitration! The player is going down all his heroics, but it was countered with all his bonehead plays! He resented it! Just never been a serious fan of these egomaniacs! Even though I'm from Chicago, I've given Rodgers all due "props," but even he's disappointed me in the past! First when vouching for his good bud and business partner, Braun a baseball player who was busted for steroid use and then this ridiculously large contract! He obviously doesn't want to win or he would have left a little for the defense! GB will never be a power with Rodgers scoring 40+ points because his defense will always give up more! That bend, but not break beats my crappy Bears; none of the elite teams! :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This is why I've resented athletes that want the money, but don't exactly cough up a refund when they cost a team wins! Reminds me of a baseball arbitration! The player is going down all his heroics, but it was countered with all his bonehead plays! He resented it! Just never been a serious fan of these egomaniacs! Even though I'm from Chicago, I've given Rodgers all due "props," but even he's disappointed me in the past! First when vouching for his good bud and business partner, Braun a baseball player who was busted for steroid use and then this ridiculously large contract! He obviously doesn't want to win or he would have left a little for the defense! GB will never be a power with Rodgers scoring 40+ points because his defense will always give up more! That bend, but not break beats my crappy Bears; none of the elite teams! :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

In Rodgers defense he did drop Braun like a bad habit as soon as he was a proven doper. Aside from that I agree. I get why Rodgers wants to get paid like that, he is the best or at least most valuable player in the league...but I wish he'd have been more like " I'm good with 25 mill a year, now go get a shutdown corner." I don't doubt this guy's competitiveness and desire to win more rings but with his contract it simply isn't easy to get a lot of other big time talent.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
In Rodgers defense he did drop Braun like a bad habit as soon as he was a proven doper. Aside from that I agree. I get why Rodgers wants to get paid like that, he is the best or at least most valuable player in the league...but I wish he'd have been more like " I'm good with 25 mill a year, now go get a shutdown corner." I don't doubt this guy's competitiveness and desire to win more rings but with his contract it simply isn't easy to get a lot of other big time talent.

That's all I'm saying! It's like these guys don't think it thru; no matter how humble, they have to maximize the payback! It's so sad and pathetic! Most normal people couldn't spend what these guys make, but it never seems to be enough! :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :help: :negative:

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Exactly - that was why I accepted the Mack trade so readily. Top player... but you can't pay a defensive lineman quarterback wages - it'll set the franchise back 5 years. I know you don't like Brady much but his willingness to be flexible on contracts is one of the big reasons why the Pats are competing year in year out.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Exactly - that was why I accepted the Mack trade so readily. Top player... but you can't pay a defensive lineman quarterback wages - it'll set the franchise back 5 years. I know you don't like Brady much but his willingness to be flexible on contracts is one of the big reasons why the Pats are competing year in year out.

No doubt about that. The Bears are able to make it work because they don't have a big QB contract. The Packers were apparently in the running for Mack. I have no idea how'd they make that work but chances are they wouldn't have been able to sign or resign anyone for 5 years.

I can't really put myself in a superstar athlete's shoes in team sports (unfortunately) where you want to make as much money as possible while also trying to carve out your legacy. Brady does have Giselle it must be said but still it is of course great of him to sacrifice. For Rodgers something like 4 years for 100 Million would still make him damn rich for generations to come...but 134 is a whole lot more. Nice dilemma to have!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Lo and behold the Raiders manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

:facepalm:

Too bad. I have no love for the Broncos that is for sure. I'm rooting for Gruden and your boys.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Too bad. I have no love for the Broncos that is for sure. I'm rooting for Gruden and your boys.
Just saw the highlights of the Packer game. You could look at it two ways:

1) You should never have let them back in the game. Wondering about time management here. No way, you should have let them get back on the field with that amount of time left. Packers should have won in regular time.

2) You got out of jail with a tie after the clusterfuck of a day the Vikings kicker had. He won't be the most popular guy in the locker room!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

1) You should never have let them back in the game. Wondering about time management here. No way, you should have let them get back on the field with that amount of time left. Packers should have won in regular time.

2) You got out of jail with a tie after the clusterfuck of a day the Vikings kicker had. He won't be the most popular guy in the locker room!

Coach has just been one of the luckiest saps around! His time management and challenges are always dubious IMO! He's personally caused a lot of these losses even though he has this reputation right up there with Andy Reid, Jon Gruden, & Mike Holmgren! He's been coming up short too often with the best QB of all time! Now that he has that contract, I will probably wind up making him an example of a selfish a-hole that feels entitled to hog the $$$ which he'll pay for in the end when the defense gives up losing plays late in games again and again! :laugh: :facepalm: :banghead: :eek:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Did you see the flag they called? It was game over right there. That should be #1-#10 on a summary of the game.

I think they should've run on 2nd down and passed on third. If we run it twice the Vikings get the ball with 1:45 and no timeouts which is still plenty of time. We put the ball in Rodgers hands and he delivered what would've been a game ending TD but Adams dropped it.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Coach has just been one of the luckiest saps around! His time management and challenges are always dubious IMO! He's personally caused a lot of these losses even though he has this reputation right up there with Andy Reid, Jon Gruden, & Mike Holmgren! He's been coming up short too often with the best QB of all time! Now that he has that contract, I will probably wind up making him an example of a selfish a-hole that feels entitled to hog the $$$ which he'll pay for in the end when the defense gives up losing plays late in games again and again! :laugh: :facepalm: :banghead: :eek:

McCarthy is plain trash. That team has a loser's mentality and no killer instinct. The game was 20-7 at home and I knew it'd get close. This team never blows out anyone anymore. His win % is atrocious given the QB he has.

Somehow "cleaning house" for the Packers meant just getting rid of the GM and defensive coordinator.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The PFL agreed with the call. The PFL did the same after replacement ref Lance Easley fucked Green Bay good in Fail Mary game which ultimately cost them a first round bye and a home game vs San Fran instead of a road one. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't another ref strike brewing, anyone else notice how old these idiots are? The clown who fucked GB yesterday looked old enough to be George Washington's father.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scores after Week 2

Chiefs @ Steelers Chiefs (Federberg)
Dolphins @ Jets Dolphins (Britbox)
Colts @ Redskins Colts ()
Vikings @ Packers TIE (-)
Panthers @ Falcons Falcons (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Kskate2)
Lions @ 49ers 49ers (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Kskate2, Moxie)
Raiders @ Broncos Broncos (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Kskate2)

Week Scores

4 - Britbox
3 - Billie
3 - DarthFed
3 - Kskate2
1 - Federberg
1 - Moxie

Overall Leaderboard

13 - @britbox (9+4)
8 - @DarthFed (5+3)
8 - @kskate2 (5+3)
7 - @Billie (4+3)
6 - @Federberg (5+1)
6 - @Moxie (5+1)

Next Weeks Picks

@DarthFed is up to pick 7 games (all must be Sunday games)