NFL Pick n Pass 2018/2019 Season

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Amazing how many times a defense has a great chance to intercept a pass and run out the clock; even NE in a SB against the Giants! When you blow that chance, it always seems to cost the team! The Bears relaxed a little at the end since so far for GB to move the ball and score! How many times do we have to see comebacks to "learn these idiots" you can't do that against one of the best QB's ever? :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Amazing how many times a defense has a great chance to intercept a pass and run out the clock; even NE in a SB against the Giants! When you blow that chance, it always seems to cost the team! The Bears relaxed a little at the end since so far for GB to move the ball and score! How many times do we have to see comebacks to "learn these idiots" you can't do that against one of the best QB's ever? :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo:

Yeah Fuller biffed that one but it also should've been called PI as a Bear bumped the receiver who fell down. As soon as he dropped that I figured the Packers would score.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raiders were trash in the second half of the Rams match. It was a good game up to halftime. Carr made some pretty poor decisions. Not reading too much into it as I expect the Rams to be big contenders this year and it's a rebuilding year for the Raiders.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scores on the Doors

Bengals - Colts - Bengals (Britbox)
Jags - Giants - Jags (Britbox)
49ers - Vikings - Vikings (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)
Bills - Ravens - Ravens (Billie, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)
Texans - Pats - Pats (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)
Bears - Packers - Packers (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)
Chiefs - Chargers - Chiefs (Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)

Week 1 Leaderboard

9 - @britbox (6+3 Bonus)
5 - @Federberg
5 - @DarthFed
5 - @kskate2
4 - @Billie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Next weeks match picks are from @Billie. (7 Sunday matches)

Not too late for somebody to join in. You'd start with 3 pts going into Week 2 as a non-pick week scores as the lowest persons score minus 1.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Scores on the Doors

Jags - Giants - Jags (Britbox)
49ers - Vikings - Vikings (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)
Bills - Ravens - Ravens (Billie, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)
Texans - Pats - Pats (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)
Bears - Packers - Packers (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2)

Week 1 Leaderboard

9 - @britbox (6+3 Bonus)
5 - @Federberg
5 - @DarthFed
5 - @kskate2
4 - @Billie
Baron, I don't see Mox's score for this week's tally

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oops. Have added in...

Scores on the Doors

Jags - Giants - Jags (Britbox, Moxie)
49ers - Vikings - Vikings (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2, Moxie)
Bills - Ravens - Ravens (Billie, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2, Moxie)
Texans - Pats - Pats (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2, Moxie)
Bears - Packers - Packers (Billie, Britbox, DarthFed, Federberg, Kskate2, Moxie)

Week 1 Leaderboard

9 - @britbox (6+3 Bonus)
5 - @Federberg
5 - @DarthFed
5 - @kskate2
5 - @Moxie
4 - @Billie

Reactions: Billie

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Raiders were trash in the second half of the Rams match. It was a good game up to halftime. Carr made some pretty poor decisions. Not reading too much into it as I expect the Rams to be big contenders this year and it's a rebuilding year for the Raiders.

I didn't see any of it but expected it to be a close game at the very least. To me it seems that Carr has regressed a bit and Cooper has been disappointing since the start of last year. They need him badly because their receivers are not good aside from him. I think Oakland will find out quickly that Jordy is done and they wasted some money on him. I'm rooting for Gruden and your boys but it might be a tough season as you say.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wouldn't begin to rate Jordy on this match mate. Rams locked up the outside. Carr was justing hitting the backs and Cook the tight end. Nelson and Cooper never even got involved. Cook got over 180 yards receiving at TE.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm rating Jordy on the end of his days as a Packer. He's old and simply wasn't the same after tearing his ACL in 2015. I think he was getting by on his chemistry with Rodgers the past couple years and it takes time to build that.

But yes, Cook is a very good tight end and we know how dangerous Cooper can be. Whether or not Cooper reemerges as a stud will be big in determining if Oakland has a decent season. Without him they don't have enough firepower for Carr.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cooper is overrated mate. He'll give you 150 yds when Carr has time and you have a mismatch, but he'll give you 10-50 yds against a good D with a pass rush and decent corners. He's good stats-wise but he'll never be great. He drops too many balls also. Carr's go-to-guy when he needed the first down or the Raiders got in the red zone was actually Crabtree... and he was also known for his drops... and he's gone anyway.

Nelson has a good camp apparently... so we'll see how he unfolds. I don't think he's done. Cook is a quality tight end.

Carr has regressed but he's a smart kid and I expect him to get better as the season goes on...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Cooper made the pro bowl his first two years in the league but he was pretty terrible last year and invisible last night. Still the guy is just 24 years old, obviously not someone to give up on yet.

I hope that Jordy does well there, always liked him, but he doesn't have much speed anymore. I'd like him more as a #3 receiver at this point.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cooper made the pro bowl his first two years in the league but he was pretty terrible last year and invisible last night. Still the guy is just 24 years old, obviously not someone to give up on yet.

I hope that Jordy does well there, always liked him, but he doesn't have much speed anymore. I'd like him more as a #3 receiver at this point.

He's a good receiver, don't get me wrong, but he's not going to be a great receiver. He's the sort of guy that will post up a huge game one week and then be virtually absent in another game.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I watched a bit of first half and I think they were up a field goal during half time. These first games are unpredictable, IMO, players and coaches getting used to each other. I don't think I have ever seen (in my very young history of watching NFL) so many teams with different QBs from one season to the next:wacko:

I had a feeling I was up next in picking games, so I'll post them tonight and give people some time to think them through :D

Last edited:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Chiefs @ Steelers
Dolphins @ Jets
Colts @ Redskins
Vikings @ Packers
Panthers @ Falcons
Lions @ 49ers
Raiders @ Broncos

Reactions: britbox

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Chiefs @ Steelers
Dolphins @ Jets
Colts @ Redskins
Vikings @ Packers
Panthers @ Falcons
Lions @ 49ers
Raiders @ Broncos

Steelers
Jets
Redskins
Vikings - seems to be serious doubt that Rodgers will even play. Sprained knee is the injury and on Sunday when he was carted off that seemed like the best case scenario. Even if Rodgers does play it seems like 50-50 at best, his mobility is a necessity vs Minnesota.

Falcons
49ers
Broncos

Most of these games seem really tough to call, I don't really have a decent feel yet for who will surprise and who will disappoint.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chiefs @ Steelers Steelers
Dolphins @ Jets Dolphins
Colts @ Redskins Redskins
Vikings @ Packers Vikings
Panthers @ Falcons Falcons
Lions @ 49ers 49ers
Raiders @ Broncos Broncos

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Pitt after that cluster fck tie
Jets
Skins
Minny
ATL
Frisco
Broncs

I too have 0 confidence in any of these teams. Was tempted to pick the Lions for heaven's sake.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Chiefs @ Steelers Chiefs
Dolphins @ Jets Jets
Colts @ Redskins Redskins
Vikings @ Packers Packers
Panthers @ Falcons Panthers
Lions @ 49ers Lions
Raiders @ Broncos Raiders

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner