Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome - ATP Masters 1000

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Koepfer gets the 2nd set, after having been down a set. Djokovic smashed a racquet when he got broken back and got a warning. Not sure what the "big lesson" he said he's learned was, then. He's pretty grumpy today.

A lot of players smash rackets. Don’t see the need to clutch pearls here.

unless the racket shrapnel hits a linesperson....

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

If racket breaking caused true hysteria, I perpetrated a lot of distress on people going thru at least 50 rackets growing up! I had more than 70, but some survived t/b gifted or saved to this day! I played around the clock & rackets aren't meant to last forever like w/ weekend warriors! :yawningface:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

That's the point. Or that the racquet can slip and hit someone, which did almost happen to Djokovic. I'm not making a point that he threw his racquet. It's just that he said that he'd "learned a big lesson," so I was wondering what it was. I guess it was not to hit anyone.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If racket breaking caused true hysteria, I perpetrated a lot of distress on people going thru at least 50 rackets growing up! I had more than 70, but some survived t/b gifted or saved to this day! I played around the clock & rackets aren't meant to last forever like w/ weekend warriors! :yawningface:

Congratulations for breaking 50 rackets Djoko fan! :good::rolleyes:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hmmm, no commentary on Rafa's less than stellar performance? :face-vomiting: He's being worked by little Diego Schwatzman! It's hilarious! Rafa's needing to pull out all the stops just to hold serve while DS is holding rather easily and hasn't lost serve once! :lulz1:

I’m not worried about this tournament what matters is the French Open and maybe it will mean he will be fresher for that instead of tired. :smooch:

And this match again confirms why I am a fan of Nadal. Despite not playing at his best he was still professional and classy, no violently assaulting balls, no cursing and no breaking rackets. :clap:

Reactions: Andy22

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sick volley by Nadal at 0-30 in the 5-4 game for Schwartzman to serve it out. Have to admit that was a great shot.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa definitely less than great today, but Schwartzman is playing great and unrelenting tennis. Serves for the match.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
All Roland Garros finals between 2021 and 2028 will be Thiem x Mussetti.

Funny, but no way. I actually think it is highly possible that Thiem will flame out at Roland Garros and have a bit of a let-down. And Musetti is entertaining but I wouldn’t trust that 1-handed backhand to hold up for 5+ matches at Roland Garros just yet.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to Diego, he outclassed Bob. Jesus did Bob look old tonight.

Like Novak and David did this year, even Missy Austria.

Like some poster here, I would not call him Shortman, Bigman fits better!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is a sweet victory for Diego, kind of a little payback for that rain delay in RG when Schwartzman was playing insane and got his momentum stopped.