• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I mentioned Musetti here:

Everything eventually revolves around Nadal even if you're talking about a world-wide pandemic that has killed thousands! :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I mentioned Musetti here:

Very well-scouted! Indeed his game is smooth, as you said. And while we might say he's comfortable because he's playing in Italy, he certainly didn't have the benefit of the crowd. Stan looked way off for much of the match, but Musetti also skunked him in some very good cat-and-mouse. And the kid held his head and his nerves very nicely.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
All Roland Garros finals between 2021 and 2028 will be Thiem x Mussetti.
Drinking the blood out of the monkey skull, I see. @mrzz only gets out of bed for a one-handed backhand these days. :smooch: (Just kidding...nice to see you around.)

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So 8 Italians have reached h the round of 32 in Rome, the most to go that far at the tournament in the Open Era. The previous best was 7 nearly 50 years ago.

Who woulda thunk, success for the Italians is NO fans!! :lol3:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let me also mention again the mysterious Dominik Koepfer, who beat Simon in the Qs, and today beat De Miñaur in 3.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
So 8 Italians have reached h the round of 32 in Rome, the most to go that far at the tournament in the Open Era. The previous best was 7 nearly 50 years ago.

Who woulda thunk, success for the Italians is NO fans!! :lol3:

It's Karma and punishment they're still feeling from their treatment of Bjorn Borg back in 1979! He was in the final against an Italian countryman, Adriano Panatta! You expect partisanship, but these people actually lost their minds in support of AP! They actually threw coins on the court when calls didn't go their man's way! This was of course obscene in the eyes of most people, but AP never did anything to quell the riotous crowd! He could have made an announcement telling those animals, "this is Bjorn Borg, a great champion! We can not treat him this way! It disrespects him, you, me, and tennis!" :facepalm:

Reactions: Jelenafan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This should be a fun tournament. I'm looking forward to it. Short of a Djokovic-Nadal final, I think the next best scenario would be a Berretini-Fognini all-Italy final. But that would probably much more entertaining with fans. So save that for 2021, so long as these asinine, counterproductive, and totally unnecessary lockdowns are finally ended by that time.
Even you can't possibly think that Rome should have a stadium full of people at this point in time. For sure by next year, we hope there's a vaccine, and things get back to normal.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
djokovic only loss of the season is a default, so he,s unstoppable right now its like 2011 djokovic but just not as good for sure going to make at least the final.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
M.berrenttini looks is not going to help him from getting owned by djokovic, Nadal or even tsitsipas if he plays them of course. don,t rate berrenttini at all he,s not on level of the big 3, Tsitsipas medvedev thiem zverev ect....

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Even you can't possibly think that Rome should have a stadium full of people at this point in time. For sure by next year, we hope there's a vaccine, and things get back to normal.

Actually, as a prominent Irish scientist (Dr. Martin Feeley) just explained, having young people in particular at this event would be a great step toward achieving herd immunity. So it would be a great idea to pack the stadium with lots of young people. Maybe even up to 80% capacity.

I'm happy to see that you are misinformed and clueless enough to actually think the 180,000 number in the United States is real, when in fact it is almost entirely fraudulent and there are now dozens of indicators that it is. The CDC's own stats show that only 9,700 of those 180,000 are COVID-only, while the rest of those who died had on average 2.6 serious illnesses in addition to the Wuhan Nursing Home Virus. In other words, the CDC is fudging the numbers and lying.

And no, I don't think everyone in Italy should have their lives shut down indefinitely because a bunch of 84-year-olds died in Italy back in March. I also don't think we need to wait on a vaccine when doctors around the world in dozens of countries have used hydroxychloroquine to good effect and Dr. Harvey Risch at Yale has shown definitively that hydroxychloroquine is almost always effective if used early enough in treating Covid patients. Why wait for a vaccine when this virus barely affects people under 50 and for those above 50 who show symptoms hydroxychloroquine almost always works?

These shutdowns have been stupid and unnecessary the vast majority of the time. A health adviser to the UK government, Professor Mark Woolhouse at the University of Edinburgh, recently acknowledged as much by saying that the global lockdowns were a "monumental mistake." And so has Dr. Feeley in Ireland. So get up to speed, Moxie. Do some reading. Stop thinking in terms of the meaningless stat of "cases." Dr. Feeley has explained why that is silly. Get with the program and help move the world forward, not into the backward drabness of Cuomo, Whitmer, Murphy, etc.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dimitrov seems to be feeling better. He's rolling Nishioka.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
djokovic only loss of the season is a default, so he,s unstoppable right now its like 2011 djokovic but just not as good for sure going to make at least the final.

Why isn't Djokovic as good right now as he was in 2011? His movement and overall court domination are as impressive as I have ever seen. He is on a roll and most importantly he looks healthy and fit.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
M.berrenttini looks is not going to help him from getting owned by djokovic, Nadal or even tsitsipas if he plays them of course. don,t rate berrenttini at all he,s not on level of the big 3, Tsitsipas medvedev thiem zverev ect....

Berretini really missed his chance for a breakthrough in the US Open semis last year. Nadal got lucky with the mis-hit at the end of the first set, but Berretini still should have won the first set. It would have been a very different match after that. Had Berretini won that first set and then the match, he would have had a great chance against Medvedev. Just a huge missed opportunity. That might have been the biggest missed opportunity of his career when the moment was right in front of him and he did not seize it.

His backhand is a little bit suspect though. The forehand is explosive and the volleys are great. Very crafty with the point construction too.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And Moxie's boy Tsitsipas lost again today. Ever since Moxie hyped him he has been struggling. Classic case of Moxie's bias of wanting to see something happen (in this case seeing the young generation overtake Djokovic) driving her perception of what will happen. Happens all the time.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa 61 61....not bad seeing it is his first match back after six months.

Rafa's singles percentage on clay 436-39 (92%)

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
6-1, 6-1. For Rafa over Pablo.

I thought Rafa looked good and sharp for his first match back in 6 months. At the same time (understandably) Pablo seemed a bit off and his movement looked a half foot slow.

Busta doesn’t really have any weapons to hurt Rafa on red clay and once that got restablished their match settled in as previous ones.

It’s so weird even after all these years to Watch his matches and want to sayRafa’s FH Sometimes falls short in the court and to remind myself it doesn’t matter, at least on red clay.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
6-1, 6-1. For Rafa over Pablo.

I thought Rafa looked good and sharp for his first match back in 6 months. At the same time (understandably) Pablo seemed a bit off and his movement looked a half foot slow.

Busta doesn’t really have any weapons to hurt Rafa on red clay and once that got restablished their match settled in as previous ones.

It’s so weird even after all these years to Watch his matches and want to sayRafa’s FH Sometimes falls short in the court and to remind myself it doesn’t matter, at least on red clay.

Not bad seeing this is his first match back in six months

Last edited: