ATP Cup, Australia

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw that wacky Nicky is trolling Novak and the Serbian team... Maybe the team should invite Nick out to a bar for drinks and handle their business..I think of the next Gen players FAA is the only one I think is a proper guy. Of the pre next Gen it's Thiem . Disappointed in Zverev, I thought he was a much better player than he has shown to be a mental midget

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My Lord What a great match Kyrgios vs Tsitsipas..great talented players they are.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What do you think about this point? it's supposedly they have to wait that the ball goes to their side before to hit the ball, correctly?

The arrogance on the next volley. It never ends with Novak. And he wonders why he isn’t loved as much as GOATdal and the Swiss. And disgusting behavior by Zverev and Titsipas. I fear for our sport. I agree with the poster who said that FAA is one of the few young players with a good attitude, I hope he has a great career.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The arrogance on the next volley. It never ends with Novak. And he wonders why he isn’t loved as much as GOATdal and the Swiss. And disgusting behavior by Zverev and Titsipas. I fear for our sport. I agree with the poster who said that FAA is one of the few young players with a good attitude, I hope he has a great career.
Novak's problem is that he isn't loved by the fans as much as his predecessors Roger and Rafa..He knew damn well he was over the net and should have just owned it ..Could you see Pete Sampras ever carrying on like Novak did about one point. Too bad Pete wasn't able to play better in his 3 US open losses to Safin, Hewitt and Edbeg. He was a bit jaded in a couple of those finals due to the previously ridiculous back to back format of the semi's and finals schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hope Medvedev wins the slam this year, maybe even AO. I am rooting for him of all the next gen and other youngsters.

Reactions: Bonaca

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hope Medvedev wins the slam this year, maybe even AO. I am rooting for him of all the next gen and other youngsters.
I wonder why he's your favorite of all of them. Just sincerely curious.

I made a big error thinking that the US would do better than Italy, in my draw. I went against instinct, but without Berrettini, I didn't think that they had the depth on the bench. But Travaglia stepped up to the plate, and the doubles team, or else the US is just a bunch of Manila Folders, which is also possible. :lulz2:

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will leave the ladies at Brisbane for a little while and watch Rafa in Perth take on Nishioka

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wonder why he's your favorite of all of them. Just sincerely curious.
I had doubts about him before if he is an asshole or not, but after all that happened in USO last year I realised that this guy is actually cool and even funny. The speech he gave after USO final was also great. He is very honest and maybe even most down to earth of all youngsters.

When it comes to his tennis he has a killer game. He cought my attention in last year AO against Novak where in 3rd set I really tought Medvedev had him there to go up 2:1.

I think he is a best server of all the youngsters and he is taking full advantage of that creating many free points and constantly putting the pressure on opponent's serve. Hope he can improve his net game and come forward more often because he has deadly shots from the baseline. There is also something in his way of striking the ball, very unusual style, but really effective.

Certainly the most mature player out there for his age and he got balls and seems mentally tough to become a great player. He is a real fighter too. Hopefully his body holds up well due to his height.

Reactions: Bonaca and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't watch, so please give a report on the match.

Rafa has been broken twice and the young Japanese player will serve for the 1st set 5-4,Rafa with DFS and his fhand has been missing in action,Nishioka very quick around the court,also a lefty and has been targeting Rafa's BHand.Yes there is a God after all,Rafa bracks back again to love 5 games all,he is a tricky player and Rafa hopefully by now can work him out more.Both players with easy service games and going to a t/break for the 1st set.Rafa still missing 1st serves at times,needs to address ASAP,still hung strong and wins the 1st set 76(4) Nishioka has a great bhand,did a wonderful cross court bhand winner right pass Rafa who could only stand and watch.Okay I am going back to Brisbane now though will split screen my computer with this match.Rafa was made to work hard for the 1st set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw some on the live scores that Nishioka is pressing. Also, I remember him to be an aggressive player. Forgot he was lefty. He's one that we thought could do well, even if he hasn't had the results.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa wins in a hard fought match 76(4) 64.....Kudos to Nishioka who pushed him all the way,.great movement and wonderful bhand,serve not too shabby either.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Certainly the most mature player out there for his age and he got balls and seems mentally tough to become a great player. He is a real fighter too. Hopefully his body holds up well due to his height.

That’s the one factor I’m still on the fence on. Can a 6’6” player be a consistent player with longevity.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s the one factor I’m still on the fence on. Can a 6’6” player be a consistent player with longevity.
I have same doubt too, but the odd thing is that the guy who is that tall is considered to have a baseline game that can wear down opponents in the rallies.

He has been ok so far, but he is still very young. What will be in a 5 years from now that's another story and I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully not another career ruined like Delpo's. It would be such a shame.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is ridiculously talented..the doubles from what I saw was very competitive. Team CB and Nadal was down 3-6 in the final TBR and won the last 7 points.. Sydney bound are team Spain. Vamos