ATP Cup, Australia

tented

Administrator
Reactions
AD69273C-43D7-47DB-947C-1782AC13BF85.jpeg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice possible matches incoming: Hopefully SF : Novak-Daniil , Nadal-Kyrgios F: Novak-Nadal!!!
that would be great.

Haven't watched any tennis since the WTF but Medvedev gives Djokovic a lot of trouble and Kyrgios goes out of his way to beat Nadal whenever they play (though obviously he doesn't always manage to do so). I thought I read Kyrgios was injured though? If so, he won't stand a chance of winning. Not so much a case of the age old "A healthy Nadal doesn't lose" but more a case of an injured Kyrgios has no chance. It may well be Medvedev v Nadal which would be a good test of both of their respective forms.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Haven't watched any tennis since the WTF but Medvedev gives Djokovic a lot of trouble and Kyrgios goes out of his way to beat Nadal whenever they play (though obviously he doesn't always manage to do so). I thought I read Kyrgios was injured though? If so, he won't stand a chance of winning. Not so much a case of the age old "A healthy Nadal doesn't lose" but more a case of an injured Kyrgios has no chance. It may well be Medvedev v Nadal which would be a good test of both of their respective forms.
Let’s see what happens, they all can trouble each other.
But yes, if Clown isn’t 100%, it will be one sided. A few days ago he gave tsitsipussy a tough loss. Greek was very mad about that.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haven't watched any tennis since the WTF but Medvedev gives Djokovic a lot of trouble and Kyrgios goes out of his way to beat Nadal whenever they play (though obviously he doesn't always manage to do so). I thought I read Kyrgios was injured though?

Did he get injured after the Tsitsipas match? Kyrgios does seem fairly injury prone.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I just saw Medvedev vs Diego Sw..how did Danil not get defaulted for striking the umpire's chair with his racket..that's the ultimate no no..if Serena's racket ever did that she would be crucified...

I know first hand that you can't make any actions or gestures towards an umpire..I once was threaten by an umpire for send a ball at his head because he pissed me off during one of my USTA tournament matches but the tournament supervisor spoke to him and I was only defaulted from the tournament.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
FAA has really not been having a good tournament. Has he even won a match?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He defeated Greece’s Pervolarakis live ranking #483
:lulz2: Well, as I said. I don't like to razz the kid too hard, but I'm surprised he wasn't more up for the challenge. If he wants to be one of the "next big things," he needs to start stepping up to the mark. This tournament threw some softballs.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think Rafa has to play doubles again,does he against Belgium?....hopefully they will change it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think Rafa has to play doubles again,does he against Belgium?....hopefully they will change it.
Based on precedent, if they don't need that match to move on, they sub someone else in.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shapovalov takes the first set from Novak 6-4. :whistle:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone actually watching? Would love to hear how it's going.

Yeah I’m watching. Shapovalov is playing very well. Novak is helpless and is only able to react. Let’s just say that Novak is over (even if he wins this match), he will never win another slam. :good:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I’m watching. Shapovalov is playing very well. Novak is helpless and is only able to react. Let’s just say that Novak is over (even if he wins this match), he will never win another slam. :good:
Not so fast.. never count out Novak..ask Fed Fans..

As for Rafa..he doesn't need to play doubles. Feli and whomever can win that match

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Australian crowd are now bullying Shapovalov and therefore booing Canada, the country that flew all the way across the universe to help them. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not so fast.. never count out Novak..ask Fed Fans..

As for Rafa..he doesn't need to play doubles. Deli and whomever can win that match

Djokovic cannot handle the new generation of players, he keeps struggling with them. Even if he wins this match it’s just another example of how he can easily be overpowered by them.