ATP Cup, Australia

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
After getting the break, Novak went "beast-mode" to finish off Medvedev at the ATP Cup SF! Serbia will have to wait and see what happens with Spain & Australia in the other SF TIE! The scores don't show how Daniil really works Djokovic's nerves & takes him to the limit every time they play! DM's shots are so close to the line at times, the crowd makes it even more difficult to take when playing this guy with their "out" calls! :whistle:
A quality win by Novak. Still not the level I hope to see from him. Should have done that in Cinci last year too, now we see what happens when ridiculous serving isn’t clicking.
I cannot imagine one other player that would have beaten Daniil today.
Now Let’s hope for a Novak - Nadal match.;)

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak should take a rest for the next week. He has played enough tennis during the last 10 days.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Team Serbia is a real force this tournament, but credit to Duci who is kicking ass as a side kick of Novak. Hope they win the whole thing.
I’m also surprised about the level of Dušan. They show great team spirit and patriotic emotions too!
I don’t care much about Serbian team overall, but they deserve it in my opinion.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m also surprised about the level of Dušan. They show great team spirit and patriotic emotions too!
I don’t care much about Serbian team overall, but they deserve it in my opinion.
I think they just continued from where they were stopped in the Davis Cup end of the last year. Australia is also pretty much fired up for this tournament playing at home and all. Pitty we can't watch Kyrgios Nadal match.

Reactions: Bonaca

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I actually want Nadal and team Spain to lose to Australia. At this point, in my opinion, Nadal has played A LOT of matches since mid-November (and he won a lot of matches too!). There is no point of him spending too much energy especially the Australian Open is starting in 9 days!

Quick side note: Medvedev has overtake Thiem in the live rankings. Medvedev is currently in the 4th spot meaning he will get his own half of the draw at the Australian Open. Which means next week's draw ceremony will be HUGE in which of the draw he will land (Rafa or Novak).
If I was Nadalfan , I would have the same wish. But normally they should win and Nadal will play because he seems to be a patriot.

The draw is really a huge thing, so many ifs. It will start off a big discussion . Looking forward to that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think they just continued from where they were stopped in the Davis Cup end of the last year. Australia is also pretty much fired up for this tournament playing at home and all. Pitty we can't watch Kyrgios Nadal match.

Rafa wont be playing Nick,he will be playing Alex

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Just finished to see the highlights before my kids wake up.
It was a really good quality match.
Novak is still in front even without his maximum.
But Daniil is damn near that. For me he is clearly the top dog behind the 3, fantastic serve and a speed for such a tall guy that is unbelievable. Ground strokes of the highest quality on both sides. A pleasure to watch. What a talent.

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I actually want Nadal and team Spain to lose to Australia. At this point, in my opinion, Nadal has played A LOT of matches since mid-November (and he won a lot of matches too!). There is no point of him spending too much energy especially the Australian Open is starting in 9 days!

Quick side note: Medvedev has overtake Thiem in the live rankings. Medvedev is currently in the 4th spot meaning he will get his own half of the draw at the Australian Open. Which means next week's draw ceremony will be HUGE in which of the draw he will land (Rafa or Novak).
Now you got the right mindset of champion..No need to kill himself over this useless tournament..it's not the goal. The goal is AO and #20.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Fair point. No need to win this AND DC, plus, too many matches. Would be nice to see the Aussies win, given what's going on down there, but the Serbs have come up formidable. Who knew that Lajovic would be so clutch? And that the Russians would be so feeble. (Though, and as a Safin fan I hate to say it, but maybe not the best choice of role model/coach. LOL. They've likely been out drinking and wenching, with him as coach.)

To be nerdily specific, Medvedev will have his own QUARTER, not half. Hopefully the HALF will belong to Djokovic. ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You are absolutely right moxie. When looking at that, I’m happy about the decision because I want Novak-Nadal more than Kyrgios-Nadal. Now it’s more likely!
Bonaca, I love you, I do, but your arrogance is only surpassed by your repetitiveness for irritation factor. Sure, all factions have they're trolls, but you're not one. So you could try to be less repetitive. And irritating. :-)2:smooch:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A quality win by Novak. Still not the level I hope to see from him. Should have done that in Cinci last year too, now we see what happens when ridiculous serving isn’t clicking.
I cannot imagine one other player that would have beaten Daniil today.
Now Let’s hope for a Novak - Nadal match.;)
Speaking of Novak not being up to his level, whatever happened with his bad elbow. Or wrist or shoulder, or whatever it was? Nothing has been said about that all fall and now into the winter/Aussie summer. It was bad enough that he retired at the USO, and he seemed to be favoring the elbow at the YEC/shoulder in Cincy. Any intel from the fan side?

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Bonaca, I love you, I do, but your arrogance is only surpassed by your repetitiveness for irritation factor. Sure, all factions have they're trolls, but you're not one. So you could try to be less repetitive. And irritating. :-)2:smooch:
Sorry moxie, I promise I try it very hard!:rose:
These kind of shit is dedicated only to the Nadaltrolls. I am not perfect, no matter how hard I try, sometimes I couldn’t resist.

Beside that I honestly think their rivalry is the greatest and I enjoy watching them fight each other-DIRECTLY. They are the best for a long time, and I hope they will be for some more. Even if Novak loses, then he loses against the best- vice versa!
Remember my biggest wish : To see them again in a FO Final, yes I clearly think Novak is better on grass and every hardcourt, but not on clay. It’s my wish because I know it’s the ultimate challenge you can face in tennis, that’s what I’m looking for as a Novak fan.

Reactions: Moxie

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Speaking of Novak not being up to his level, whatever happened with his bad elbow. Or wrist or shoulder, or whatever it was? Nothing has been said about that all fall and now into the winter/Aussie summer. It was bad enough that he retired at the USO, and he seemed to be favoring the elbow at the YEC/shoulder in Cincy. Any intel from the fan side?
Im pretty sure he is injury free. Didn’t hear/ read nothing else.
What I meant was his inferior focus he is showing since maybe AO 19. The fire isn’t the same, he showed a few really good matches in 2019 but a lot of disappointing stuff. This isn’t all about his injury stuff. He barely squeezed out that win against Roger, took this 1% chance.
Im not sure if family/kids are the main factor, or age (it becomes harder and harder to fight the others when becoming slower) or he realised he is too far away to reach the records he is chasing so long. I think it’s a combination of all of that.
Looking at this , Nadal is clearly better and he will win this race overall.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Nick Clown loses against RBA pretty easy. He only puts in some effort against the big guys.
Or was Roberto that good? Didn’t see the match.
Now it’s impossible for Spain to lose.
Serbia-Spain final is near!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick Clown loses against RBA pretty easy. He only puts in some effort against the big guys.
Or was Roberto that good? Didn’t see the match.
Now it’s impossible for Spain to lose.
Serbia-Spain final is near!
I told ya about RBA game could extend the point against Nick.

Rafa will step up and break young AD now.

Remember Mr shit for brains @brokenshoelace always questions my IQ ..