ATP Cup, Australia

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No diss on Lajovic, but I thought Russia had a really strong team. I had them to win the final. Of my few regrets that I can't watch this tourney, missing out on seeing Safin would be one of them. Thanks for reminding me of what I'm missing, Margaret. :cry:

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

The AO is just around the corner....I have never been a fan of Khachanov,Danni just got broken by Novak who looks focused today and is feeding off the Serbian crowd.Danni is about to go down a double break.Novak leads 5-1and is about to serve for the 1st set

Master class from Novak 6-1 with ease.Danni needs to practice his transition down to the net more and his volley's were questionable?

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Stay Away From The Net Danni......he just got broken in his first service game,he takes his eyes off the ball for starters and he does not keep his racket in front of him to hit the volley for starters.I thought this match would be more of a contest it is one way traffic.
One of my commies on this match says Danni's net play needs plenty of work.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Stay Away From The Net Danni......he just got broken in his first service game,he takes his eyes off the ball for starters and he does not keep his racket in front of him to hit the volley for starters.I thought this match would be more of a contest it is one way traffic.
One of my commies on this match says Danni's net play needs plenty of work.

On paper this s/b "all about Russia!" Serbia & Spain tech. only have the 1 star even though RBA & obviously Lajovic can play world class tennis!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Danni got the break back and held serve,lets see if he can make a match of this now in the 2nd set
Novak needs to be more careful with the drop shot,Danni reading it perfectly at the present time.
Novak broken and he took it out on his poor racket.....
Hell a 31 shot rally with Danni winning it and saves a BP

Last edited:
  • Sad

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Very strange match. The overall level seems pretty good, but both players (specially Medvedev) making some absurd errors out of the blue. Djokovic seemed to be in complete control and all of sudden finds himself behind in the second after the early break.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Danni holds and saves a BP and leads 4-1....Novak still hurting after That Rally!
Novak breaks back and is serving 3-4
5 games all,Danni serving
Going to a decider,plenty of momentum swings in the 2nd set.....Danni wins 75

I am going to Serena's match but will split screens on this match

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
After getting the break, Novak went "beast-mode" to finish off Medvedev at the ATP Cup SF! Serbia will have to wait and see what happens with Spain & Australia in the other SF TIE! The scores don't show how Daniil really works Djokovic's nerves & takes him to the limit every time they play! DM's shots are so close to the line at times, the crowd makes it even more difficult to take when playing this guy with their "out" calls! :whistle:

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
That match was fantastic. Some great stuff from both men. Medvedev just rising to the occasion time and time again. Starting the year off with a brilliant match.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Danni needs urgent help on his volley's and transition play to the net....
He is young..he will get better..I like him better than the rest of the next Gen players..I guess Fronty and I may be on the same team in a few years when the Big 3 says adios.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He is young..he will get better..I like him better than the rest of the next Gen players..I guess Fronty and I may be on the same team in a few years when the Big 3 says adios.

I dont mind him though some of his shot selections at times were questionable,for a tall guy his movement is expectional

• Haha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
When does the draw comes out for the AO. Danil could be a pure nightmare for either Rafa or Novak if he falls in their half of the draw

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not staying up all night again today to watch Rafa. God Bless him and may the Force Be with him and team Spain

Reactions: Moxie

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Even if the rules weren't what they are, look at the H2H of each to the other. The correct coaching decision is to have Rafa play De Minaur, as RBA is 0-2 against him. (I know because i was surprised, too, and looked it up.)
You are absolutely right moxie. When looking at that, I’m happy about the decision because I want Novak-Nadal more than Kyrgios-Nadal. Now it’s more likely!

Reactions: the AntiPusher

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Team Serbia is a real force this tournament, but credit to Duci who is kicking ass as a side kick of Novak. Hope they win the whole thing.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I actually want Nadal and team Spain to lose to Australia. At this point, in my opinion, Nadal has played A LOT of matches since mid-November (and he won a lot of matches too!). There is no point of him spending too much energy especially the Australian Open is starting in 9 days!

Quick side note: Medvedev has overtake Thiem in the live rankings. Medvedev is currently in the 4th spot meaning he will get his own half of the draw at the Australian Open. Which means next week's draw ceremony will be HUGE in which of the draw he will land (Rafa or Novak).