2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennis has been well represented at the opening ceremony Rafa, Serena and now Amelie Muaresmo tournament director of Paris RG and Olympics in Paris 2024

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a wonderful opening ceremony on all levels with surprises along the way, the rain didnt dampen the spirits at all
Rafa, Serena just to mention a few,,
Lets the games begin and good luck to all the athletes!

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm going to Paris the day after the Olympics is ending and we will definitely walk the trip that the boats did this night.
Is the fourth person Chris Evert?
For a second I thought it looked like Chris, too. It was Nadia Comenici.

As you say, it was a terrific honor for Rafa. For all of his winning in Paris, and his gold medal in 2008. He missed carrying the flag for Spain in London 2012, due to injury, so I'm sure this was very special to him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Celine has been soo sick lately as well, love her! Viva La France!
I'm not generally a fan, but I know she has an illness that makes it hard for her to sing. She was the perfect choice for that Piaf song, and she sang it spectacularly. And, one has to feel, bravely.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not generally a fan, but I know she has an illness that makes it hard for her to sing. She was the perfect choice for that Piaf song, and she sang it spectacularly. And, one has to feel, bravely.
There were rumors Celine would appear, also Lady Gaga did a wonderful cabaret number earlier in the opening ceremony

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They really leaned in to the things that make Paris romantic and iconic, but with plenty of the modern, as well. Just spectacular, and very cinematic. A nod to "Jules et Jim," I think, in that cheeky threesome. Charming, and very French.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm watching it too. And so many tennis players on board the boats. What a celebration.
Still waiting in suspense to see who is behind the mask carying the torch...
Did they every reveal that, by the way? That parkour on the rooftops was making me nervous.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW when Frances most famous foot baller Zinedine Zidane passed the Olympic flame to Rafa ....................I was Done! in a good way of course :)
History repeats itself dosent it:) he presented Rafa in 2005 with the winning trophy Coupe de Mousquetaires, Rafa first RG title and he went on to win 13 titles!

Last edited:
Reactions: lomaha and Moxie

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Did they every reveal that, by the way? That parkour on the rooftops was making me nervous.
No they didn't. Think it was some professional guy.
Did you see, that they turned the Olympic flag the wrong way?

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW when Frances most famous foot baller Zinedine Zidane passed the Olympic flame to Rafa ....................I was Done! in a good way of course :)
History repeats itself dosent it:) he presented Rafa in 2005 with the winning trophy Coupe de Mousquetaires, Rafa first RG title and he went on to win 13 titles!
You mean 14 RG titles GOAT

Reactions: Shivashish Sarkar