2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Casper Ruud for the trophy. You heard it here first.
Weirder things have happened, at the OG, but he'll probably have to get past Alcaraz, and whoever survives the top half, of Novak, Zverev and Nadal. I wouldn't bet money on him.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not earning a "vanity OG Medal" isn't really a HOLE in Djokovic's resume as far as I'm concerned! I've always had a problem w/ millionaires playing in the Olympics; esp. athletes in tennis, basketball, baseball, & hockey! Other events have pros, but how much money is someone making as a swimmer, diver, track star, or bobsledder?:angry-face::astonished-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:
It goes too far to call an Olympic Gold medal a "vanity medal." But I take your point about what matters in "money" sports vs. sports that get to shine every four years. But it also doesn't matter what you think compared to what Novak thinks. He wants it. He's made that clear. But he's got a rough draw. I don't think this is his year, either. But, no, it won't damage his resume.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Weirder things have happened, at the OG, but he'll probably have to get past Alcaraz, and whoever survives the top half, of Novak, Zverev and Nadal. I wouldn't bet money on him.

Truly! We have so many memorable winners of OG like Massu in 2004! WHO TF was that? Federer was in his prime, but still found ways to drop matches to 2nd & 3rd tier players! Probably helped Rafa in '08 to win his Gold w/ Blake upsetting Roger in the QF! Novak's had some bad luck getting Del Po in Rd. 1 back in 2016! I still don't watch much of the Summer games! I wasn't one who thought Novak should push it in 2021 w/ a CYGS on the line in weeks of flying back from Japan! I think it hurt him more emotionally as he even dropped the Bronze Medal match B4 failing the final of the USO to complete his 2nd go round of a GS! I didn't think he could get past Medvedev! Going 5 long sets against Sascha didn't help! The feature match of the entire Olympic draw thru & including the final w/b that 2nd Rd. thriller w/ Djokovic & Nadal! I hope it lives up to the anticipation! Looking forward to it! This may be their last meeting in much of any venue as I don't believe they're BUDS!:fearful-face::angry-face::astonished-face::yawningface:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Truly! We have so many memorable winners of OG like Massu in 2004! WHO TF was that? Federer was in his prime, but still found ways to drop matches to 2nd & 3rd tier players! Probably helped Rafa in '08 to win his Gold w/ Blake upsetting Roger in the QF!
That was 2008 and Rafa was trending. Roger was his pigeon, at that point. It doesn't matter that Blake took Roger out, IMO. Rafa also beat Novak in the Sfs. It was his year.
Novak's had some bad luck getting Del Po in Rd. 1 back in 2016!
That was bad luck. I also think Roger has had some bad luck. Arguably, he should have won in 2004, but maybe a year before he was ready. Nadal hit the Olympics on a year when he was perfectly situated.
I still don't watch much of the Summer games! I wasn't one who thought Novak should push it in 2021 w/ a CYGS on the line in weeks of flying back from Japan! I think it hurt him more emotionally as he even dropped the Bronze Medal match B4 failing the final of the USO to complete his 2nd go round of a GS! I didn't think he could get past Medvedev! Going 5 long sets against Sascha didn't help! The feature match of the entire Olympic draw thru & including the final w/b that 2nd Rd. thriller w/ Djokovic & Nadal! I hope it lives up to the anticipation! Looking forward to it! This may be their last meeting in much of any venue as I don't believe they're BUDS!
Basically no one thought it was wise for Novak to push for the Olympic gold in 2021, including his father.

Personally, I like the summer Games. And I'll watch the tennis. I do hope we get the Rafa v. Novak 2nd round, and I hope Rafa wins. It may well be the last time they play, given rankings and form, even if they carry on playing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The top half has it rougher. Terrible draw for Rafa/Novak, though worse for Rafa, who starts with Fuksovic.

BTW, did I see that Murray got in as a LL?
Murray withdrew ins singles. playing doubles only with Dan Evans
If he did not withdraw in singles he would have played Novak in his first rd match, Matt Ebden got in as a first alternate, reason he is playing Novak in the 1st round

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will post Zverev's draw for Paris 2024 the No 4 seed, actually his draw is okay, though his injury he picked up during Wimbledon is still a concern

R1 Munar
R2 Machaz/ZZZ
R3 Jarry
QF Fritz
SF Djokovic
F Alcaraz

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching the opening of the Paris Olympics
Wonderful so far and Lady Gaga did a great cabaret performance just off the river Seine on a stage built for the occasion, also Moulin Rouge did a wonderful version of the 'Can Can" as well.
All the athletes are coming down the Seine in boats.Even in the rain it has not hampered the City of Light /.City of Love as many people call Paris, one of my most favorites cities in the world ( my mother was French, she will be soo proud of this event showcasing the wonderful buildings, sites of Paris)

Last edited:

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Just watching the opening of the Paris Olympics
Wonderful so far and Lady Gaga did a great cabaret performance just off the river Seine on a stage built for the occasion, also Moulin Rouge did a wonderful version of the 'Can Can" as well.
All the athletes are coming down the Seine in boats.Even in the rain it has not hampered the City of Light /.City of Love as many people call Paris, one of my most favorites cities in the world ( my mother was French, she will be soo proud of this event showcasing the wonderful buildings, sites of Paris)
I'm watching it too. And so many tennis players on board the boats. What a celebration.
Still waiting in suspense to see who is behind the mask carying the torch...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm watching it too. And so many tennis players on board the boats. What a celebration.
Still waiting in suspense to see who is behind the mask carying the torch...
I know who do you think it is? I also loved the fact he went into the Lourve and the Mona Lisa was missing again lol!
I also loved the Mezzo Soprano who sang the French National Anthem, it gave me goose bumps.I love the French National Anthem
Pity about the rain, again we cant control the weather.
I think it maybe a famous footballer? Kylian Mbappe or even Zinedine Zidane I could be wrong:)
Hang on I just saw the masked man who is carrying the torch doing sommersaults I dont think it could be a famous footballer? lol! or could it?
Okay I am changing it to Celine Dion:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lomaha

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I'm going to Paris the day after the Olympics is ending and we will definitely walk the trip that the boats did this night.
Is the fourth person Chris Evert?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm going to Paris the day after the Olympics is ending and we will definitely walk the trip that the boats did this night.
Is the fourth person Chris Evert?
I am not sure if it is Evert,
There are river boat cruises on the Seine where you can have either lunch or dinner dont miss it okay, night cruise would be my choice, great way to see the city at night

Reactions: lomaha