2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeing that only 2 courts were in use due to rain and all the outside courts play were cancelled,
Medvedev (4) d Hijikata 62 61
Frtiz (7) d Bublik 64 64

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Great over head smash from Rafa in the TB and Spain lead 6-3 and then a dtl fhand winner from Rafa to seal the 1st set
Spain 1st set 76(4) Carlos appears more settled now he was nervous to begin the match
Rafa still has his right upper thigh heavily bandaged
I think if feel loose he will probably abandon the leg wrap tomorrow for singles..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think if feel loose he will probably abandon the leg wrap tomorrow for singles..
I hope so, there is no way I could play with that type of bandage on my thigh could you?
Rafa could get away with that bandage in a doubles match, though to me it would be a hindrance in a singles match

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope so, there is no way I could play with that type of bandage on my thigh could you?
Rafa could get away with that bandage in a doubles match, though to me it would be a hindrance in a singles match
I think he could play with it if needed but I don't think he will. He could go for a different type of Thigh wrap sleeve that is more elastic like the NBA players play with. A great massage, stretching exercises and anti inflammatory medicine will help. I doubt it's anything serious like you said most likely an overworked thigh muscle.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he could play with it if needed but I don't think he will. He could go for a different type of Thigh wrap sleeve that is more elastic like the NBA players play with. A great massage, stretching exercises and anti inflammatory medicine will help. I doubt it's anything serious like you said most likely an overworked thigh muscle.
I think it got warmed up somewhat playing doubles match, lets see how is thigh reacts when muscles cool down, anyway his physio will help him out no doubt
his volley skills at the net and his overheads were great today in the doubles match, a good result defeating the No 6 seeds, Carlos will get better with each match

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Doubles is not a good indication of his movement. He will know tomorrow whenever he warms up for singles.
That is what I was saying you cant gauge movement in a doubles match, to that poster, agree lets see how it is when he warms up for singles tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Chatrier, Lenglen and Mathieu tomorrow
All the outside courts will have 6 matches each! due to the fact outside courts play cancelled today due to wet weather

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And a bit of mustard? LOL.

I think he could play with all kinds of weird strapping...he's done enough of it, over the years. If he can play with great feel having so much tape on the fingers, which has always astonished me, he can play with a wrapped thigh, I should think. But hopefully it's not enough to say so. I don't think he looked hampered today.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And a bit of mustard? LOL.

I think he could play with all kinds of weird strapping...he's done enough of it, over the years. If he can play with great feel having so much tape on the fingers, which has always astonished me, he can play with a wrapped thigh, I should think. But hopefully it's not enough to say so. I don't think he looked hampered today.
I also remember Borg having his fingers taped, I know I could not hit a racquet properly or grip with soo much tape on fingers, Rafa and Borg are not hampered by it :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex de Minaur has withdrawn from men's singles, says the Australian Olympic Committe, he will still play mens doubles alongside Alexei Popyrin

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matches Sunday, July 28th Day 2
Phillipe Chatrier,
R.Nadal vs M.Fucsovics
A/Zverev vs J.Munar
Suzanne Lenglen,
C.Ruud vs T.Daniel
L. Musetti vs G.Monfils
Murray/Evans vs Nishikori/Daniel

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ITF is awaiting Rafa Nadal's decison that should come in around 5 mins ( source JoseMorgado@josemorgado Paris 2024)
If Nadal withdraws, 2 alternates will be drawn De Minaur and Nadal positions
If Nadal plays, Cabrael replaces De Minaur and faces Struff second match on court 7

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa appears to be playing after his practice session earlier after talks with his team on Phillipe Chatrier he had till 11.30 am to withdraw
So Cabrael replaces Alex de Minaur and faces Struff second match on court 7
Rafa will play Fucsovics 2nd match today Sunday 28th on Phillipe Chatrier

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa appears to be playing after his practice session earlier after talks with his team on Phillipe Chatrier he had till 11.30 am to withdraw
So Cabrael replaces Alex de Minaur and faces Struff second match on court 7
Rafa will play Fucsovics 2nd match today Sunday 28th on Phillipe Chatrier

What time is the match as per GMT? I can translate that to IST but I need to know it in GMT or a random time zone.