2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I believe until recently, as in the last few years, the greatest tiebreaker record an ATP history belong to Roger, but Novak slid ahead of him a few years ago and has remained at the top I believe. The tiebreaker record against your opponents as a good indicator of where you are on the mental toughness scale in my humble opinion. Borg had the best tiebreaker record in this era if I am not mistaken and I will bet the Pete Sampas likely did of his. Roger clearly was the best for a long time and by a ways until Novak. Just another statistic that Novak will end up having over everybody else.
Thanks Shawnbm,
Agree with your thoughts regarding the TB record, is also a good indicator where your mental toughness is? I wont be surprised if Borg had the best TB record in this era, as far as I am concerned he had 'ice running though his veins' when it came to TBs.
In regards to Novak, when he gets to a TB in any matches, he just goes to another level, as we have all seen over the years, though especially in the 2 TBs he played to win the Gold Medal yesterday.
If AP is around, being a big Pete Sampras fan he would know Pete's TB record no doubt :)
Also Alcaraz is now 9-2 ' in big finals' with his only 2 losses coming to Djokovic ( losing all 4 TBs played ) in the final at Cinncinati Masters 1000 in 2023 he lost to Novak 57 76 76) Gold medal match at Olympics losing in 2 TBs sets.

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't want to open new tread, just came to say that USA - Serbia, OG semis match in basketball yesterday was amazing. Huge respect to both sides and all players.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Don't want to open new tread, just came to say that USA - Serbia, OG semis match in basketball yesterday was amazing. Huge respect to both sides and all players.

The US was on the verge of being upset! They were quite lucky Serbia missed a few open shots near the end of the game! They dodged bullet!:slap:

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The US was on the verge of being upset! They were quite lucky Serbia missed a few open shots near the end of the game! They dodged bullet!:slap:
Yeah, they turned it around in about 30-40 sec with 2:30 mins left of the game. Serbia was +2 and tried 3pt, but missed. After that they were down -5, before they even realized what happened. Curry was unbelievable, without him not sure if USA would win. Pretty strong team they gathered this OG, LeBron, Curry, Durant, Embiid...

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's not all luck. Serb looked gassed down the stretch. Stef and the old man finally took charge of the game instead of getting bossed.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Final: 98-87. Stef gets his maiden gold medal. KD his 4th. Curry in vintage form scored the last 12 pts.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I watched the track & field prior to that and the US won 3 golds. That women's relay team made everyone else look like a warm-up heat.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched the track & field prior to that and the US won 3 golds. That women's relay team made everyone else look like a warm-up heat.
They've almost broken a world record which still stands from soviet union team long time ago. Only 0.1 sec from the WR for 4x400 relay is close to nothing.

I like that Dutch girl, Femke Bol. She won medals for her team from behind in last 50-100m, today and a few days ago in mixed 4x400m.

I've never seen so many white runners winning medals in disciplines dominated by blacks before.

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
They've almost broken a world record which still stands from soviet union team long time ago. Only 0.1 sec from the WR for 4x400 relay is close to nothing.

I like that Dutch girl, Femke Bol. She won medals for her team from behind in last 50-100m, today and a few days ago in mixed 4x400m.

I've never seen so many white runners winning medals in disciplines dominated by blacks before.
They are catching up. Studying the technique and coaching of the ones who have dominated.