2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lorenzo you are actually using good shot selection please keep this up!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Forza Lorenzo it may have taken 3 sets
You have won the Bronze medal for Italy
Ben Fatto Lorenzo!
Italy will have a chance for either Gold or Silver tomorrow as Errani/Paolini play in the Gold Womens Match
Italy Forza!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Lorenzo Musetti we have seen since the French Open is a Top 10 player in the world.
No I think that is going a tad overboard, he still has 'mental issues' he has to learn how to play 'Percentage Tennis' when it is needed and not go for his glamours shots which do not work, and he tends to go 'walk about' in matches. Apparently you didnt watch his match against Novak? yesterday in the SF match he had his chances???

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad luck to FAA in the Bronze singles match at least he does go home with a Bronze medal in the Mixed Doubles

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW I am hearing that JCF will be flying in to support Alcaraz in the Gold Singles Match tomorrow

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BTW I am hearing that JCF will be flying in to support Alcaraz in the Gold Singles Match tomorrow
He might jinx Carlos, he was doing superb without him.

Yesterday I listened for Novak's interview on serbian language. He sounded very pleased with reaching the final and securing at least silver medal. He said he feels much better than in Wimbledon. He said he is moving better and striking the ball better. He also said that he believes he has a good chance in the final. No injury concerns and that stuff, he looks ready for another battle.

He was asked does he feel he has a better chance against Carlos in best of two sets. He said he doesn't really know, it's hard to gauge it.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He might jinx Carlos, he was doing superb without him.

Yesterday I listened for Novak's interview on serbian language. He sounded very pleased with reaching the final and securing at least silver medal. He said he feels much better than in Wimbledon. He said he is moving better and striking the ball better. He also said that he believes he has a good chance in the final. No injury concerns and that stuff, he looks ready for another battle.

He was asked does he feel he has a better chance against Carlos in best of two sets. He said he doesn't really know, it's hard to gauge it.
A final is a different match all together, regardless of how each player got to the final.Each player has a 50/50 chance.
In saying that I still feel Alcaraz has a better chance to win, just my opinion
Agree with your thoughts Alcaraz was doing fine without JCF, maybe Alcaraz asked him to come to the final, which I can understand

"Finals are not to be played, but won"

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a reminder coaching is not allowed at the Olympics, also includes hand signals etc
Though I have seen plenty of signals both in the mens and ladies matches, maybe umpires were looking the wrong way :)
BTW I would like the Gold Medal match to be best of 5
I have also maintained that Masters 1000 finals should have stayed the best of 5, I know maybe that is 'old school'....maybe I am just oldie:)
I see Brad Gilbert agrees with me regarding the Gold Medal match should be a BO5, and he says he hopes there will be changes for the LA Olympics

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sunday 4th August, starting at 12pm,
Gold Mens Singles Match,
Philippe Chatrier,
N.Djokovic (1) vs C.Alcaraz (2) H2H 3 all, their match is the 2nd match on court.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This match up reminds a bit of Novak Fed in last several years of their rivalry. Fed would get a win here and there, but not on slams, and Novak was visibly better. Here Alcaraz is a better player.

What a gigantic hold from Novak at 4:4!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a sublime set of tennis!

1 and half hour of intense stuff, both players with the nerves of steel, saving numerous BPs and simply refusing to go down. Both are locked in and trying not to give anything to the other guy. Clutch serving from Novak. Novak a little bit lucky on 3:3 in TB with return winner, slight mishit, though he was aiming in that area. Point after looks like a little bit bad bounce on Alcaraz BH. First signs of frustration from Carlos and Novak steals this set.

Last edited:
Reactions: nehmeth and Moxie

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
This match up reminds a bit of Novak Fed in last several years of their rivalry. Fed would get a win here and there, but not on slams, and Novak was visibly better. Here Alcaraz is a better player.

What a gigantic hold from Novak at 4:4!
This year reminds me a bit of 2005. Novak feels like Agassi, the leftover from the previous era, while Alcaraz-Sinner is the Fed-Rafa.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A 37yr old running around like a 16yr old is highly suspicious.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz was in a knockdown, facing BP at 1:1 in 2nd and finds unbelievable inside out CC FH winner.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is a very interesting match. It seems like overall Alcaraz has been playing well, and Djokovic is managing to hang and win the key moments. It doesn’t seem like Alcaraz is dialed in to any type of urgency to break out of this.