2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie
What kind of reply did you expect from the Poster LOL! he dosent even watch the current Mens matches
Has taken on the Vent of Hating Fedal,?
Remember he was a huge fan of Roger? and switch camps, that tells you a lot dosent it
Root for the Under Dogs My Foot LOL!
I still strongly suggests he watch Carlos v FAA SF match though knowing that poster he wont
Thank goodness we have measured Novak fans in Don Fabio and Rob
He's a diabolical hater like Skip Bayless jajajajja :face-with-tears-of-joy: it takes all types in this world including the tennis community

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He's a diabolical hater like Skip Bayless jajajajja :face-with-tears-of-joy: it takes all types in this world including the tennis community
Welll I have him on Ignore I only reply to him when he comes out with BS usually on the womens matches, again he dosent watch the womens tour like the mens tour to me he isnt a tennis fan, who hates Fedal and used to be a big fan of Roger, enough said on him!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Carlos Alcaraz becomes the first Spanish man to reach the Olympics final since 2008'
The last to do it was Rafa Nadal.
Remember this has shades of Rafa's 2008 season, Rafa won the Channel slam and the Olympic Gold and also won the AO next year. I am not saying Carlos will win the Gold Medal still has to be played out, just pointing out how similar his path is to Rafa's in 2008

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic hasn't embarrassed himself yet! He's making a Wimbledon final, now Olympics! Why should he go! Fedal was struggling against riff raff! STOP! It's not hypocrisy as much as I root for "underdogs" & he'll continue to be that while most believe Fedal rules the fandom!
If you're still calling Novak an "underdog," you have lost the plot.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
BTW Alcaraz is one match away from doing the 'Unthinkable' winning the Channel Slam and Olympics in the same year! ( I will scout around for stats if he does the 'unthinkable)
Only 4 times has the Olympics been held in the channel. Three times in the 20th century, someone has won 2 of the 3 events. Only once before has it happened in the 21st century, and all 3 events were won by different players. If Carlos Alcaraz wins on Sunday, he will be the first to achieve the golden channel slam.

1900 - French Open: Paul Ayme, Wimbledon: Reginald Doherty, Olympics (Paris): Reginald Doherty
1908 - French Open: Max Decugis, Wimbledon: Arthur Gore, Olympics (London): Arthur Gore
1924 - French Open: Jean Borotra, Wimbledon: Jean Borotra, Olympics (Paris): Vincent Richards
2012 - French Open: Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon: Roger Federer, Olympics (London): Andy Murray

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Only 4 times has the Olympics been held in the channel. Three times in the 20th century, someone has won 2 of the 3 events. Only once before has it happened in the 21st century, and all 3 events were won by different players. If Carlos Alcaraz wins on Sunday, he will be the first to achieve the golden channel slam.

1900 - French Open: Paul Ayme, Wimbledon: Reginald Doherty, Olympics (Paris): Reginald Doherty
1908 - French Open: Max Decugis, Wimbledon: Arthur Gore, Olympics (London): Arthur Gore
1924 - French Open: Jean Borotra, Wimbledon: Jean Borotra, Olympics (Paris): Vincent Richards
2012 - French Open: Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon: Roger Federer, Olympics (London): Andy Murray
For some one who has just turned 21 a remarkable achievement if he does happen to win on Sunday
He is just a pleasure to watch, he has all the weapons in his kit bag, and can bring them out at any time. I have mentioned this before regarding Carlos " he has this high ceiling to go to' not many players have that ability, let alone at age 21.
His many weapons were on display at Wimbledon this year, he just kept bringing them out of his kit bag:)
The future of tennis is looking bright with Carlos being a part of it!

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I think you're falling in love with the the clay-grass-clay thing and missing what Rafa did in 2008, which was win the channel slam, and then go on, a few weeks later, to win Olympic gold on hards. That was a pretty impressive achievement. Three big titles in about 7 weeks, and 3 surfaces.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
If you're still calling Novak an "underdog," you have lost the plot.

Who favors him anywhere? He's going after the latest KING even though still #3 in the World! Novak had his head handed to him on his favorite Centre Court just last month! If that ain't an underdog IDK who is! When I say "underdog" concerning Novak, it's really about how he's perceived and accepted; or not accepted as "The GOAT!" There are plenty of delusional people out there that believe Fedal will always lead the way even though woefully behind in many of the accomplishments that they can only dream about; Golden Masters twice, 7 YEC's (when Nadal has NADA), 8 YE #1's that may never be topped, w/ 7 YEC's! These over and above his record in the Majors, it's hard to read posts that still deny the guy! I'm really not as much a fan as I can appreciate what he's done; just like Nadal at the FO (which is his real claim to immortality), while Federer will have to settle for his 8 Wimbledon wins! It doesn't look like Djokovic will be adding anymore of them to his resume! I think his last best chance is to win in NY & call it a career! We all know he won't which is what makes him great; always trying to prove us all wrong about him! Who knows what he might do if he claims OG Sunday over Alcaraz! :astonished-face::yawningface::face-with-hand-over-mouth::anxious-face-with-sweat::exploding-head:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Philippe Chatrier Court,
Saturday 3rd August,
Starts at 12pm,

Gold Medal Mens Doubles Match,
M.Ebden/J.Peers (AUS) vs A.Krajicek/R.Ram (4) (USA) First Meeting
Followed by Bronze Doubles Match,
T.Fritz/T.Paul (3) (USA) vs T.Machac/A.Pavlasek ( CRO) First Meeting

Bronze Singles Mens Match,
L.Musetti (11) vs F.Auguer-Aliassime H2H FAA 3-2 Their match is 4th and the last on Chatrier court.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A highly competitive Mens Doubles Gold Medal match going down to the wire with the Aussie team of Mat Ebden and John Peers winning the title 67(6) 76(1) 10-8 over American pair Krajicek/Ram
Really enjoyable match, Oi,Oi,Oi,!
BTW Only second time Australia won a tennis gold medal, last time was Alanta 1995 with Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde aka the 2 Woodies.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the Bronze Doubles Match ( which I didnt watch as I had to take my Nanna Nap, I want to be bright for the Womens Gold Medal Match :)
Congratulations to the American Pair of Fritz and Paul (3) defeated the Czech pair of Machac/Pavlasek 63 64!

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to the American Pair of Fritz and Paul (3) defeated the Croatian pair of Machac/Pavlasek 63 64!
I'm pretty sure you meant Czech haha.

Closest Czech people get to Croatians is during summer when they visit our summer places and islands. We have internal joke about Czech people. They are often involved in many accidents during summer.

They go in the sea on that inflatable thingy, they attempt to reach another island or whatever, beacuse it looks close for them. They get tired and carried by the currents and wind. They find them miles away dehidrated and red as lobsters. Sometimes they die too.

2. They attempt to climb the mountain when is 40 degC outside. They do so while walking in flip flops and often carry maximum of 0.5L of water. They find them dehidrated and close to death. Sometimes they die too.

3. They get hit by a lightning strike.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm pretty sure you meant Czech haha.

Closest Czech people get to Croatians is during summer when they visit our summer places and islands. We have internal joke about Czech people. They are often involved in many accidents during summer.

They go in the sea on that inflatable thingy, they attempt to reach another island or whatever, beacuse it looks close for them. They get tired and carried by the currents and wind. They find them miles away dehidrated and red as lobsters. Sometimes they die too.

2. They attempt to climb the mountain when is 40 degC outside. They do so while walking in flip flops and often carry maximum of 0.5L of water. They find them dehidrated and close to death. Sometimes they die too.

3. They get hit by a lightning strike.
Sorry Don I just corrected it, to Czech, apparently my Nanna Nap didnt work after all LOL!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay Lorenso you match dosent start for another 10 mins it is nearly 3am here if you do your usual Head Case tactics I will go to bed Capice
Anyway I am delighted that you will be playing for a Bronze medal for Italy
Lorenzo Forza!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lorenzo and FAA on court warming up
FAA won the toss and will serve 1st

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
A highly competitive Mens Doubles Gold Medal match going down to the wire with the Aussie team of Mat Ebden and John Peers winning the title 67(6) 76(1) 10-8 over American pair Krajicek/Ram
Really enjoyable match, Oi,Oi,Oi,!
BTW Only second time Australia won a tennis gold medal, last time was Alanta 1995 with Todd Woodbridge and Mark Woodforde aka the 2 Woodies.
Delighted for Ebden after that singles draw with Djokovic which wasn't fair at all. He shouldn't have been in the singles.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Delighted for Ebden after that singles draw with Djokovic which wasn't fair at all. He shouldn't have been in the singles.
Agree Fronty, it was a joke, he was the 1st alternative and had not played a singles match in 2 years? actually if Andy Murray didnt withdraw from singles, he was supposed to play Novak in round 1`

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tweena from Lorenzo at the back of the court lands in LOL!
Lorenzo 3-1 though it is early days yet :)