2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak very edgy in this match, for some reason, screaming at the Umpire, time violitation docking him a BP which Head Case did take advantage of, though it didnt last long :)
Novak screaming obscenties at his box needed to take a Chill Pill :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Match will be over in a minute Lorenzo wont be holding his serve lol!
Exactly All Over Red Rover, Lorenzo will be in the Bronze Medal Match, God Help Him and Me :)
Novak wins 64 62 and extends his H2H 7-1

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Earlier FAA won a Bronze Medal in the Mixed Doubles
FAA will play Musetti for the Bronze Medal in singles

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak very edgy in this match, for some reason, screaming at the Umpire, time violitation docking him a BP which Head Case did take advantage of, though it didnt last long :)
Maybe because he was stuck in Semis 3 times in Olympics, probably tought not again. Anyway, I will not put the money on him in the final. For me Carlos is the clear favorite.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe because he was stuck in Semis 3 times in Olympics, probably tought not again. Anyway, I will not put the money on him in the final. For me Carlos is the clear favorite.
Of course, still there was no need for him to scream obscenities at his box as well, I guess his box is used to this by now, still...............
I just hope Carlos didnt peak too early He was just Unplayable in his match against FAA
Another I have liked with Carlos at the Olympics seeing that JCF isnt with him, he is working things out by himself, without looking at JCF in matches on the tour between points

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak screaming obscenties at his box needed to take a Chill Pill :)
How you know he was screaming obscenties ? He may have been asking his team to make sure that they ensure he had his travel reservations for an extended stay in Paris.. jajaja :lulz1:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Of course, still there was no need for him to scream obscenities at his box as well, I guess his box is used to this by now, still...............
I just hope Carlos didnt peak too early He was just Unplayable in his match against FAA
Another I have liked with Carlos at the Olympics seeing that JCF isnt with him, he is working things out by himself, without looking at JCF in matches on the tour between points
That is what he said on the court after...that he was very nervous, and he's lost in 3 SFs at the Olympics.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How you know he was screaming obscenties ? He may have been asking his team to make sure that they ensure he had his travel reservations for an extended stay in Paris.. jajaja :lulz1:
He did curse in English, I guess, because he got cited for it. Typically, once he got all that screaming out, he played better after.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That is what he said on the court after...that he was very nervous, and he's lost in 3 SFs at the Olympics.
Heard that, he was nervy all match and on edge, his nerves will after to disappear against Carlos, on the form going into the Gold Medal match, Carlos wins!
I mean Novak has now played 2 Head Caess in a row lol! I know it is one of his goals to win a Gold Medal, as you know my opinion is that winning a GS is way more important than a Gold Medal at the Olympics

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Heard that, he was nervy all match and on edge, his nerves will after to disappear against Carlos, on the form going into the Gold Medal match, Carlos wins!
I mean Novak has now played 2 Head Caess in a row lol! I know it is one of his goals to win a Gold Medal, as you know my opinion is that winning a GS is way more important than a Gold Medal at the Olympics
How many serves he lost against the headcases? A lot. Carlos won't be nearly as generous to gift the breaks back. People still think Novak's knee is not good enough to go against Carlos and that the final will be an easy win for the spaniard. I would add that Novak's game is not good enough anymore for this version of Alcaraz. He does everything better.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
How many serves he lost against the headcases? A lot. Carlos won't be nearly as generous to gift the breaks back. People still think Novak's knee is not good enough to go against Carlos and that the final will be an easy win for the spaniard. I would add that Novak's game is not good enough anymore for this version of Alcaraz. He does everything better.
We shall see, Olympic finals can bring up 'surprise winners'. It was Novak's decision with his knee to play Wimbledon and now the Olympics he has got to the Gold Medal match which in ways says a lot.
Novak's level hasnt been good before his knee surgery, maybe age is a factor,also the youngsters like Carlos and Sinner have upped their level in 2024

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
he has got to the Gold Medal match which in ways says a lot.
Yes, I think he is already proud of that and he should be considering all. Just hoping for a closer and more interesting match, not another beatdown like in Wimbledon. Maybe it's too much to ask, but we shall see on Sunday.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, I think he is already proud of that and he should be considering all. Just hoping for a closer and more interesting match, not another beatdown like in Wimbledon. Maybe it's too much to ask, but we shall see on Sunday.
Oh well Don seeing I lost my bet to you I am off to sweep the clay on Chatrier, havent swept clay since I played back in the day in Europe :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Renee Stubbs thinks that he'll be less nervous on Sunday, having got this bugaboo off his back. Who knows? He knows he's got at least a silver medal, so that's an upgrade. Plus, Carlos will have his own nerves. Novak's knee did seem to be fine today, and Musetti was running him around. Now they finally get a day of rest, too.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Renee Stubbs thinks that he'll be less nervous on Sunday, having got this bugaboo off his back. Who knows? He knows he's got at least a silver medal, so that's an upgrade. Plus, Carlos will have his own nerves. Novak's knee did seem to be fine today, and Musetti was running him around. Now they finally get a day of rest, too.

It seems Novak isn't ready to retire quite yet! It's a huge accomplishment to make it to the OGM final match! He's guaranteed a Silver! I hope people keep predicting an annihilation so it can all turn on them! I think Djokovic has a great chance to surprise us all! :fearful-face::astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::anxious-face-with-sweat:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Czech team win the Gold Medal in the Mixed Doubles, Katerina Siniakova and Tomas Machac defeated Wang Xinyu and Zhang Zhizhen 62 57 1-8

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It seems Novak isn't ready to retire quite yet! It's a huge accomplishment to make it to the OGM final match! He's guaranteed a Silver! I hope people keep predicting an annihilation so it can all turn on them! I think Djokovic has a great chance to surprise us all!
So much for hoping for the younger generation, you old hypocrite. Whatever happened to your position of "move over, old man" when it came to Federer, for example? You keep saying you're not a Novak fan. You just are! Own it.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
So much for hoping for the younger generation, you old hypocrite. Whatever happened to your position of "move over, old man" when it came to Federer, for example? You keep saying you're not a Novak fan. You just are! Own it.

Djokovic hasn't embarrassed himself yet! He's making a Wimbledon final, now Olympics! Why should he go? Fedal was struggling against riff raff! STOP! It's not hypocrisy as much as I root for "underdogs" & he'll continue to be that while most believe Fedal rules the fandom! :face-with-tears-of-joy::astonished-face::fearful-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie
What kind of reply did you expect from the Poster LOL! he dosent even watch the current Mens matches
Has taken on the Vent of Hating Fedal,?
Remember he was a huge fan of Roger? and switch camps, that tells you a lot dosent it
Root for the Under Dogs My Foot LOL!
I still strongly suggests he watch Carlos v FAA SF match though knowing that poster he wont
Thank goodness we have measured Novak fans in Don Fabio and Rob