2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeOne

Masters Champion
Reactions
Djokovic i think lost 1st set in many of the matches last year, he still got through. Kyrgios played well, lost

grass is not like clay. Some that say it has no clue what they are talking about. Nadal got blasted bu clowns like dustin brown, gilles muller, steve darcis, rosol.. clowns who at french would’ve been lucky to het a set.

it’s a dangerous surface which makes roger’s and novak’s dominance extra hard. Any slasher can take racquet out of anyone’s hands.

what made roger so good and makes novak is good is their all court game, they did and do everything well. It is a misconception that it’s all about serve… if so, isner and ivo would have a few titles. Sampras was an all court player with a great serve. Grass rewards athleticism, speed, agility as it’s tricky to move on grass. It rewards an all court game. Novak had all these qualities and has upper hand on anyone but it’s a dangerous surface.

alcaraz had an all court game so will be interesting to see how he does.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic i think lost 1st set in many of the matches last year, he still got through. Kyrgios played well, lost

grass is not like clay. Some that say it has no clue what they are talking about. Nadal got blasted bu clowns like dustin brown, gilles muller, steve darcis, rosol.. clowns who at french would’ve been lucky to het a set.
If anyone on these forums has ever said grass is like clay, I'm a monkey's uncle. Oh, well, except disgruntled Fed fans who got mad that the grass turns to dirt in the 2nd week, allowing Nadal some wins. But...please.

it’s a dangerous surface which makes roger’s and novak’s dominance extra hard. Any slasher can take racquet out of anyone’s hands.

what made roger so good and makes novak is good is their all court game, they did and do everything well. It is a misconception that it’s all about serve… if so, isner and ivo would have a few titles. Sampras was an all court player with a great serve. Grass rewards athleticism, speed, agility as it’s tricky to move on grass. It rewards an all court game. Novak had all these qualities and has upper hand on anyone but it’s a dangerous surface.
We've heard this one before. A counter to the claim that clay is the most arduous surface, therefore RG is the hardest Major to win. (Which most agree with.) Yes, grass can make the game fast, and, yes, it does favor servers, so you blink and drop serve, that could be the set. I think everyone gets that. Sure, it's not all about serve, but as you say above, "Any slasher can take (the) racquet out of anyone's hands." I'm ok that it's both things. One is about scoring the upset, and another is about winning the tournament. Look at Sam Querrey c. 2016.
alcaraz had an all court game so will be interesting to see how he does.
I think everyone is pretty curious about that. He could certainly have a Wimbledon title in his future. He's aggressively minded, and he has both spot-serve and power serve. If he makes the final, with Djokovic on the other side of the net, I wouldn't bet it's his year.

Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected QFs, ( if the seeds hold)

Alcaraz vs Rune
Medvedev vs Tsitsipas
Sinner vs Ruud
Rublev vs Djokovic

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ruud quarter wide open, I thought as much lol!

Tsitsipas vs Thiem round 1, winner could face Andy Murray in Rd 2

Nick K v David Goffin in round 1

( okay I an going back to bed, study the draw later)

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I am awake now
I will post Alcaraz potential draw which I feel is tough, so be it, though it is on paper only.

R1 Chardy
R2 Rinderknech
R3 Jarry/ Humbert
R4 De Minaur/Zverev
QF Rune/ Tiafoe/ADF/Dimitrov
SF Medvedev/ Tsitsipas/Norrie
F. Djokovic/Ruud/ Sinner

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Sometimes when a person says little, the little they say is worth hearing. Other times, the little they say make you glad that they say little. Little is enough, to know they know very little. Who said that grass was more difficult than clay? If so, how come Djoker and Federer have 15 slams between them on grass, and only 4 on clay?

Gets a bit more complicated than just piping up from behind your sofa, “My daddy is bigger than your daddy! My day is bigger than your daddy!”, like some Djoker fans seem programmed to do.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If its not Stan on Daniil, Novak's level of concern is at the level of a house fly on the ass of a Mammoth Elephant! These player's aren't willing to die to defeat him but I think Holger Rune can be that player but does not have the grass court experience. ( this is why when I make a list the all time grass court players I always say that the GREAT Bjorn Borg, McEnroe, Becker and Sampras had the tennis IQ to rapidly transfer their games from the other surfaces to the grass at a very early stage in their careers).
Maybe I'm gonna get my wish , Stan vs Djokovic in the 3rd round maybe

Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic potential draw
R1 Cachin
R2 Thompson/Nakashima
R3 Etchevery
R4 Musetti/Hurkez
QF Rublev/Kyrgios
SF Sinner
F. Alcaraz

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic potential draw
R1 Cachin
R2 Thompson/Nakashima
R3 Etchevery
R4 Musetti/Hurkez
QF Rublev/Kyrgios
SF Sinner
F. Alcaraz
It’s possible that Sinner has learned enough in a year to make a potential semi final interesting, but realistically, this is as easy a defence of his title as Novak could hope for.

It will be interesting to see how Sinner does though..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s possible that Sinner has learned enough in a year to make a potential semi final interesting, but realistically, this is as easy a defence of his title as Novak could hope for.

It will be interesting to see how Sinner does though..
The draw gods were kind to Novak, Sinner made the QFs last year and played Novak, took the first 2 sets, then, well we all know what happened lol! though grass is Sinner's worst surface, coming into the grass this year I dont hold much hope that Sinner can go far, he has been plagued again by an injury, he had to retire, though reports say he is good to go and play, quite frankly I have been disappointed by Sinner's form so far this year, I thought when Cahill took over, he might have done better, not the case so far.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev, Tiafoe, Rune, De Minaur all in Alcaraz top quarter,

Bublik, FAA, Rublev and Hurkacz land in Novak's quarter

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Stan is longer the man. Djoker has won 11 slams since he spiked again in 2018. That’s almost half his total. Incredible surge in virility and results. Stan - meanwhile - has been slacking..
I agree Stan is running on fading "reserves" at this point in his career. Maybe he has one more silver bullet for the Serbian Slayer.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,

Sorry to burst your bubble I cannot see Stan v Novak in Round 3, projection is Etchevery, I agree with Kieran, Stan is no longer The Man!
Hey, as the world's 3rd most famous pimp behind Chicago's The Bishop Don Juan and Kris Kardashian, DJ from the movie Hustle and Flow, says "Hey Man, Everyone has got a Dream"!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak won his last two slams despite struggling with debilitating injuries. Through great willpower and various Buddhist esoterica he overcame the pain to play as if oblivious to such life threatening things. Almost made a pagan out of me, too!

Which serious injuries will he overcome to prevail at Wimbledon? Bullet hole in the head from a Bollywood actress jealous husband’s gun? Terminal chest infection from a rusty magnet that landed on earth from the planet Krypton? Mild triple bypass heart attack because the fans really like him, the way they really like Sally Field? Blindness, caused by love guru Pepe’s voodoo doll?

I’m really looking forward to not being able to see any of this!

:popcorn

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak won his last two slams despite struggling with debilitating injuries. Through great willpower and various Buddhist esoterica he overcame the pain to play as if oblivious to such life threatening things. Almost made a pagan out of me, too!

Which serious injuries will he overcome to prevail at Wimbledon? Bullet hole in the head from a Bollywood actress jealous husband’s gun? Terminal chest infection from a rusty magnet that landed on earth from the planet Krypton? Mild triple bypass heart attack because the fans really like him, the way they really like Sally Field? Blindness, caused by love guru Pepe’s voodoo doll?

I’m really looking forward to not being able to see any of this!

:popcorn
You just made my day with that post LOL! you forgot all the Miracle Machines he found at times to erase Abdominal tears etc also his medical expert Craig Tiley ,reading his MIR's, so we wont be having your great company for Wimbledon 2023 ....oh sad

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You just made my day with that post LOL! you forgot all the Miracle Machines he found at times to erase Abdominal tears etc also his medical expert Craig Tiley ,reading his MIR's, so we wont be having your great company for Wimbledon 2023 ....oh sad
I just noticed that if you scramble the letters of Craig Tiley’s name it reads as “Little Nutsac.”

Status
Not open for further replies.