2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lucky Djokovic draw generator in full display once again.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak Djokovic potential draw
R1 Cachin
R2 Thompson/Nakashima
R3 Etchevery
R4 Musetti/Hurkez
QF Rublev/Kyrgios
SF Sinner
F. Alcaraz
Looks good to me. I think Novak got it easier than Alcaraz, but again it's all on paper.

I am enjoying Croatian summer now. Will try to watch Wimbledon if there are some exciting matches during early afternoon hours. Novak is a heavy favorite to win, but it can be a double blade sword, he still needs to prove it on the court and win 7 matches. Competition used to be stronger too in Wimbledon, last few years were one way road to victory for Novak.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks good to me. I think Novak got it easier than Alcaraz, but again it's all on paper.

I am enjoying Croatian summer now. Will try to watch Wimbledon if there are some exciting matches during early afternoon hours. Novak is a heavy favorite to win, but it can be a double blade sword, he still needs to prove it on the court and win 7 matches. Competition used to be stronger too in Wimbledon, last few years were one way road to victory for Novak.
Stan and Eubanks are in Novak's qtr is that correct

Reactions: Kieran and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tsits should tap out with an injury and support Paula..His Draw is too tough for both he and Daddy greeky
Stef on grass No thank you, please I am over those 2 period they need serious help of how to Stay Of Twitter Forever!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Gee Don you are making me jealous your in warm weather and I am cold in our Winter, if my memory is correct you always are on holiday this time of year, good luck to you and enjoy!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stan and Eubanks are in Novak's qtr is that correct
Stan is too thick and Eubanks is too thin (he is in a top draw too). Eubanks is probably the thinnest/lankiest black guy I've seen besides Snoop Dogg and this new NBA player Wenbanyama.

Right now maybe Sonego or Fucsovics in early rounds for Novak would be tricky on grass, they took some scalps before.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Stan is too thick and Eubanks is too thin (he is in a top draw too). Eubanks is probably the thinnest/lankiest black guy I've seen besides Snoop Dogg and this new NBA player Wenbanyama.

Right now maybe Sonego or Fucsovics in early rounds for Novak would be tricky on grass, they took some scalps before.
TC announcers say that Stan is actually ripped.

• Haha
Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gee Don you are making me jealous your in warm weather and I am cold in our Winter, if my memory is correct you always are on holiday this time of year, good luck to you and enjoy!
I was last year at home for half a summer after the school finished which was good enough. I missed many summers due to work over the years. This one I decided to stay at home on purpose, took a small break and decided to wait until some other opportunity comes my way.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do agree that Novak probably got the easier draw. Alcaraz will still be finding his way on grass, despite winning Queens, but he's potentially got Rinderknech up 2nd, whom he just beat, but he's not an easy out, and probably Jarry 3rd round, one we all think is a danger. A lot of the players that would be considered "dangerous" on grass are in the top half.

As for Novak, it's hard to see that Wawrinka in his path, or even Kyrgios, are the threats they once were. Maybe Bublik, but that would already be late in the game.
Enjoy your summer. With this draw, I don't see Novak losing.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Filip Krajinovic has withdrawn due to a wrist injury, he has been replaced by LL Michael Mmoh ( he will play against FAA)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I do agree that Novak probably got the easier draw. Alcaraz will still be finding his way on grass, despite winning Queens, but he's potentially got Rinderknech up 2nd, whom he just beat, but he's not an easy out, and probably Jarry 3rd round, one we all think is a danger. A lot of the players that would be considered "dangerous" on grass are in the top half.

As for Novak, it's hard to see that Wawrinka in his path, or even Kyrgios, are the threats they once were. Maybe Bublik, but that would already be late in the game.

Enjoy your summer. With this draw, I don't see Novak losing.
If Stan beats Novak will it make me present day Nostradamus.. jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Nick K. has withdrawn from Wimbledon with a torn ligament issue in his wrist
Looks like Fabian Marozsan is in line to be the LL

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nick K. has withdrawn from Wimbledon with a torn ligament issue in his wrist
Looks like Fabian Marozsan is in line to be the LL
That's a shame for him. Does is seem like there are a lot of wrist injuries of late?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's a shame for him. Does is seem like there are a lot of wrist injuries of late?
Not really, he is was practicing at Mallorca, then have some wrist pain and it felt ok, then had more pain at Wimbledon and went to have a scan and it revealed a torn ligament, the main injury concern has been his knee, since he has been off the tour, this is a new injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.