2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not really, he is was practicing at Mallorca, then have some wrist pain and it felt ok, then had more pain at Wimbledon and went to have a scan and it revealed a torn ligament, the main injury concern has been his knee, since he has been off the tour, this is a new injury.
No, I understand. I was just talking about wrist injuries in general for tennis players. There seem to be a lot. I wasn't clear that I was talking about across players. Like Seb Korda.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No, I understand. I was just talking about wrist injuries in general for tennis players. There seem to be a lot. I wasn't clear that I was talking about across players. Like Seb Korda.
Seb Korda's wrist injury was quite severe, though he has a great trainer in Jez Smith, with his rehab he appears to be back on the right path, though Dominic Thiem's wrist injury to me is still not 100%, he still lacks the power on his fhand he once had,

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kyrgios out with a wrist injury!! We'll have to see what "Lucky Loser" gets to fill his spot in the draw! :astonished-face: :face-with-head-bandage::face-with-head-bandage::fearful-face::yawningface:
@MargaretMcAleer has already told us it is Fabian Marozsan. You might remember his name because he got the upset v. Alcaraz in Rome this year, then lost to Coric in the next round, though giving him a tough time. Frankly, better competition than Kyrgios, even without the wrist injury.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
@MargaretMcAleer has already told us it is Fabian Marozsan. You might remember his name because he got the upset v. Alcaraz in Rome this year, then lost to Coric in the next round, though giving him a tough time. Frankly, better competition than Kyrgios, even without the wrist injury.
Thanks Moxie ' I Wish That Poster Would Read My Posts' as I had already posted the news with the LL Fabian Marozan taking Nick K place earlier today!
It is not the first time, Eye Roll! I am getting a bit sick and tried of having to repeat my posts when there is a withdrawal etc.,

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks Moxie ' I Wish That Poster Would Read My Posts' as I had already posted the news with the LL Fabian Marozan taking Nick K place earlier today!
It is not the first time, Eye Roll! I am getting a bit sick and tried of having to repeat my posts when there is a withdrawal etc.,
Oh, we all get behind, which is fine, but I did remember that you had said who would slot in for Kyrgios, and his name rang a bell, so it gave me the excuse to look up why he might be an interesting substitute.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh, we all get behind, which is fine, but I did remember that you had said who would slot in for Kyrgios, and his name rang a bell, so it gave me the excuse to look up why he might be an interesting substitute.
That poster just tends to ignore my posts, not the first time, it is deliberate, does the same on the WTA posts, Yawn! moving on, LL Marozsan has to sign in or else he will lose the LL slot and it will be given to the next LL

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some betting news from Down Under, in Sydney for the mens title,
Novak is $1.62
Alcaraz is $4.50
They even have Medvedev at $19.00 saying that the low bounce on grass suits his game
They had Nick K at $34.00, this was posted before he withdrew earlier today
These are in Australian Dollars

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont know what Jannik Sinner has been drinking maybe "Kool Aide" though he thinks he is one of a few players that can defeat Novak on grass?
Well Jannik did take 2 sets off Novak in the QF last year at Wimbledon, though you have to be in top physical condition for starters to go toe to toe with Novak, over 5 sets of tennis, considering the illness and injury woes, so far this year, Jannik recently had to retire in Halle because of a injury., I cannot see him challenging Novak on grass at Wimbledon this year, he is projected to meet Novak in the SFs quite frankly I cannot see that happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: nehmeth and Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_2845.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_2847.jpeg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont know what Jannik Sinner has been drinking maybe "Kool Aide" though he thinks he is one of a few players that can defeat Novak on grass?
Well Jannik did take 2 sets off Novak in the QF last year at Wimbledon, though you have to be in top physical condition for starters to go toe to toe with Novak, over 5 sets of tennis, considering the illness and injury woes, so far this year, Jannik recently had to retire in Halle because of a injury., I cannot see him challenging Novak on grass at Wimbledon this year, he is projected to meet Novak in the SFs quite frankly I cannot see that happening.
This is the easiest Slam I’ve ever seen in terms of the defending champions hopes. It’s barren of opposition. The best players to potentially oppose him are youngsters in development, never a guarantee of trouble. Sinner is one of those youngsters we’re counting on to lift tennis post-Big 3, but he’s still developing and I don’t think his 2 set lead last year indicates anything for his chances this year. It was just one of those things, and Novak sorted him out quite easily in the final three sets…

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
This is the easiest Slam I’ve ever seen in terms of the defending champions hopes. It’s barren of opposition. The best players to potentially oppose him are youngsters in development, never a guarantee of trouble. Sinner is one of those youngsters we’re counting on to lift tennis post-Big 3, but he’s still developing and I don’t think his 2 set lead last year indicates anything for his chances this year. It was just one of those things, and Novak sorted him out quite easily in the final three sets…
2000 Wimbledon exists. Sampras faced only one seed (#12 Pat Rafter in the finals), and had a qualifier in the semis. I doubt any draw will ever be as easy as that one.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
2000 Wimbledon exists. Sampras faced only one seed (#12 Pat Rafter in the finals), and had a qualifier in the semis. I doubt any draw will ever be as easy as that one.
Well, even there, Pat Rafter was a two time slam champ, former world number one, a very good serve volleyer, who’d beaten Pete in 3 of their previous 4 matches, including at the USO. So Novak isn’t facing that. But we don’t need to go back so far to make a comparison with this years draw, just look at last year. And the year before that…

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bottom half of the draw really is devoid of any major bumps in the road. :good:

ESPN+ for $10.00/month allows you to stream on your TV via ROKU. Clear picture.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Understood AP. Novak’s come out looking a little rusty but in good form, winning the first set as the rains move in.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Understood AP. Novak’s come out looking a little rusty but in good form, winning the first set as the rains move in.
Novak is just feeling the youngster out as would a boxer in the early rounds.. I think he will step it up and wipe the court with the young fella

Reactions: Fiero425
Status
Not open for further replies.