• Nadal in five sets

• Federer in three sets

• Federer in four sets

• Federer in five sets

Results are only viewable after voting.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
They released tomorrow’s schedule. Rafa/Roger will be first, beginning 12:50 (?!) local time.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
After the semifinals are set, here are the current odds.

1. Ralph 8/11 (57.89%)
2. Novak 14/5 (26.32%)
3. Thiem, 9 (10%)
4. Roger 20 (4.76%)

Ralph's chances are more than double the chances for the person with the next highest chances.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Meanwhile the odds for Fedal match has slightly shifted.

Ralph 1/7 (87.5%)

Roger 6 (14.28%)

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Me too, will be able to watch most of it.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I even looked at the hourly forecast. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at every point of time there is a minimum of 40% chances of rain and a maximum of 51% chances of rain. This means, we should expect about 10 rain delays during the match and the players will be coming on to the court and going back to the locker room. (Did somebody say if there are 10 rain delays, they may have a chance to win? ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: mrzz

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Does anyone know whether NBC or NBCSports will bother to show Fedal match live. Their previously published tv schedule is not relevant anymore due to changes in schedule of RG caused by rain.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Ok. I found it. Great News. Both men's SF will be shown live on NBC/NBCSN. Fedal will be on NBCSN and the second semifinal will be on NBC. The women's SF will be shown live on TTC/TTC+. Recorded version of women's SF will be shown on NBC/NBCSN after the live men's SF coverage ends (and if time permits).

--------------------------------Here is the press release from NBC ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, June 6th, 2019

UPDATE: RAFAEL NADAL VS. ROGER FEDERER IN FRENCH OPEN SEMIFINAL LIVE AT 7 A.M. ET ON NBCSN TOMORROW, FRI. JUN 7, FOLLOWED BY DJOKOVIC-THIEM MATCH

Live Coverage of Women’s Final on Saturday, June 8 at 9 a.m. ET on NBC and Men’s Final on Sunday, June 9 at 9 a.m. ET on NBC from Roland-Garros

Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer Set to Continue Storied Rivalry in French Open Semifinal

Coverage Streamed Live on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app

STAMFORD, Conn. – June 6, 2019 – Tomorrow at 7 a.m. ET, NBCSN will televise LIVE the eagerly anticipated Rafael Nadal-Roger Federer 2019 French Open men’s semifinal match from Roland-Garros. Immediately following Nadal-Federer, the Novak Djokovic-Dominic Thiem semifinal will air live on NBCSN (beginning no earlier than 9:30 a.m. ET). Friday’s schedule changed due to quarterfinal weather delays.

The Grand Slam culminates with the women’s final live on Saturday, June 8, at 9 a.m. ET and the men’s final live on Sunday, June 9, at 9 a.m. ET on NBC.

The men’s semifinal round begins with the continued rivalry between Nadal (winner of a record 11 French Open titles, including the past two at Roland-Garros) and Federer (who has won the most career Grand Slam singles titles by a male player with 20), as the two meet for the 13th time in a Grand Slam, beginning at 7 a.m. ET. The Djokovic-Thiem semifinal match will take place and air following the conclusion of Nadal-Federer on Court Philippe Chatrier.

Coverage of the women’s semifinals (live at 5 a.m. ET on Tennis Channel), between 17-year-old American Amanda Anisimova and eighth-seeded Ashleigh Barty and Johanna Konta and 19-year-old Marketa Vondrousova, will air on NBCSN and NBC following the live men’s semifinal action.

Dan Hicks handles play-by-play for NBC’s coverage, joined by analysts Mary Carillo and John McEnroe.

Following is the remaining television schedule for NBC Sports Group’s coverage of the 2019 French Open:

Date Time Round Network
Fri., June 7 7 a.m. ET Men’s Semifinals (LIVE ET) NBCSN
Fri., June 7 11 a.m. (all time zones) Men’s and Women’s Semifinal Coverage (LIVE ET) NBC & NBCSN
Sat., June 8 9 a.m. ET Women’s Final (LIVE) NBC
Sun., June 9 9 a.m. ET Men’s Final (LIVE) NBC

NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app — NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs — will stream coverage on NBCSN and NBC via “TV Everywhere,” giving consumers additional value to for their subscription service, and making high quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms. The NBC Sports app is available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple TV and Amazon Fire.

NBC AND THE FRENCH OPEN: In 1975, NBC became the first American television network to provide coverage of the French Open when the network signed a three-year deal with the French Tennis Federation. The tournament was covered by CBS from 1980-82 and returned to NBC in 1983, where it has remained since. This is NBC’s 37th consecutive year televising the event.

–NBC SPORTS GROUP

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
Ok. I found it. Great News. Both men's SF will be shown live on NBC/NBCSN. Fedal will be on NBCSN and the second semifinal will be on NBC. The women's SF will be shown live on TTC/TTC+. Recorded version of women's SF will be shown on NBC/NBCSN after the live men's SF coverage ends (and if time permits).

--------------------------------Here is the press release from NBC ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, June 6th, 2019

UPDATE: RAFAEL NADAL VS. ROGER FEDERER IN FRENCH OPEN SEMIFINAL LIVE AT 7 A.M. ET ON NBCSN TOMORROW, FRI. JUN 7, FOLLOWED BY DJOKOVIC-THIEM MATCH

Live Coverage of Women’s Final on Saturday, June 8 at 9 a.m. ET on NBC and Men’s Final on Sunday, June 9 at 9 a.m. ET on NBC from Roland-Garros

Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer Set to Continue Storied Rivalry in French Open Semifinal

Coverage Streamed Live on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app

STAMFORD, Conn. – June 6, 2019 – Tomorrow at 7 a.m. ET, NBCSN will televise LIVE the eagerly anticipated Rafael Nadal-Roger Federer 2019 French Open men’s semifinal match from Roland-Garros. Immediately following Nadal-Federer, the Novak Djokovic-Dominic Thiem semifinal will air live on NBCSN (beginning no earlier than 9:30 a.m. ET). Friday’s schedule changed due to quarterfinal weather delays.

The Grand Slam culminates with the women’s final live on Saturday, June 8, at 9 a.m. ET and the men’s final live on Sunday, June 9, at 9 a.m. ET on NBC.

The men’s semifinal round begins with the continued rivalry between Nadal (winner of a record 11 French Open titles, including the past two at Roland-Garros) and Federer (who has won the most career Grand Slam singles titles by a male player with 20), as the two meet for the 13th time in a Grand Slam, beginning at 7 a.m. ET. The Djokovic-Thiem semifinal match will take place and air following the conclusion of Nadal-Federer on Court Philippe Chatrier.

Coverage of the women’s semifinals (live at 5 a.m. ET on Tennis Channel), between 17-year-old American Amanda Anisimova and eighth-seeded Ashleigh Barty and Johanna Konta and 19-year-old Marketa Vondrousova, will air on NBCSN and NBC following the live men’s semifinal action.

Dan Hicks handles play-by-play for NBC’s coverage, joined by analysts Mary Carillo and John McEnroe.

Following is the remaining television schedule for NBC Sports Group’s coverage of the 2019 French Open:

Date Time Round Network
Fri., June 7 7 a.m. ET Men’s Semifinals (LIVE ET) NBCSN
Fri., June 7 11 a.m. (all time zones) Men’s and Women’s Semifinal Coverage (LIVE ET) NBC & NBCSN
Sat., June 8 9 a.m. ET Women’s Final (LIVE) NBC
Sun., June 9 9 a.m. ET Men’s Final (LIVE) NBC

NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app — NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs — will stream coverage on NBCSN and NBC via “TV Everywhere,” giving consumers additional value to for their subscription service, and making high quality content available to MVPD customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms. The NBC Sports app is available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple TV and Amazon Fire.

NBC AND THE FRENCH OPEN: In 1975, NBC became the first American television network to provide coverage of the French Open when the network signed a three-year deal with the French Tennis Federation. The tournament was covered by CBS from 1980-82 and returned to NBC in 1983, where it has remained since. This is NBC’s 37th consecutive year televising the event.

–NBC SPORTS GROUP
Do you know if this is true in the Westerm time zone. My TV says 8:00 AM delayed recording on NBCSN. Is this just not updated?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you know if this is true in the Westerm time zone. My TV says 8:00 AM delayed recording on NBCSN. Is this just not updated?

I don't know whether they changed it again. Hope not. I found this press release at around 3:30 p.m. EDT today. I will check once again.

They would be absolute morons if they decide to show delayed recording. Even if they can only start at 8, they should show the live match.
But, then some of these CEOs are clueless.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Damp, rainy and cloudy weather. Advantage Fed. Increase chances by another 10 percentage. :D:good:
Except that wind could be an issue, which favors Nadal, with his spin and margin. Actually, the really gusty weather is meant to come in later in the afternoon, during the second SF, which should greatly favor Thiem.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Except that wind could be an issue, which favors Nadal, with his spin and margin.

I did not pay attention to the wind. I just checked. It is going to be really windy. Sustained winds are at 23 mph with gusts of 57 mph (folks should realize that 39 mph is tropical storm and 74 mph is hurricane).

I agree that when playing in windy conditions certainly spin helps you in making sure that the shots land inside the court. Certainly advantage Ralph in that sense.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
this is going to be so interesting as Nadal hasn't beaten Fed in over 5 years, as Fed has owned him since 2015 but none of the wins came on clay. while people say Feds revamped backhand was the difference, it hasn't been tested on clay and Fed isn't playing like 2017 which imo was his best tennis since his 05-06 heydays. His superb form didn't last that long either, and was only made possible after extended break...…..so I wouldn't expect that form from Fed this time, then again Nadal isn't his peak self anymore; he plays well enough but is a step slower.

If Fed plays with his old scar, Nadal straight sets him. If he plays pretty decent, Nadal wins in 3 or 4 by simply being the better on clay. But if Fed finds his 2017 form, could be a 5 set war...and could come down to old scar (for Fed from previously) vs new scar (inflicted on Nadal in recent years) in key moments.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It looks there will be three period of rain (assuming we can trust the forecasters).

1. 12 noon to 1 p.m.
2. 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
3. 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.

The first one is before Men's matches start. So, basically there will be one interruption in Fedal and one in Thiemovic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I did not pay attention to the wind. I just checked. It is going to be really windy. Sustained winds are at 23 mph with gusts of 57 mph (folks should realize that 39 mph is tropical storm and 74 mph is hurricane).

I agree that when playing in windy conditions certainly spin helps you in making sure that the shots land inside the court. Certainly advantage Ralph in that sense.
My site says the winds will be less for the earlier match, and rain more of a feature, which still helps Roger, including the relatively cool conditions. But wind will feature, and we know that Rafa is the best outdoor player on tour. As I said, I think the real wind will factor in the 2nd match.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
My site says the winds will be less for the earlier match, and rain more of a feature, which still helps Roger, including the relatively cool conditions. But wind will feature, and we know that Rafa is the best outdoor player on tour. As I said, I think the real wind will factor in the 2nd match.

Yes, it is more windy for the second match. The sustained winds are around 21 to 23 mph during the first one and around 29-32 during the second match. Nadal is certainly a good player on outdoors (not sure whether he is the best). Fed is also extremely good in handling the elements (just because he is good in indoors does not mean he is not good in outdoors).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
this is going to be so interesting as Nadal hasn't beaten Fed in over 5 years, as Fed has owned him since 2015 but none of the wins came on clay. while people say Feds revamped backhand was the difference, it hasn't been tested on clay and Fed isn't playing like 2017 which imo was his best tennis since his 05-06 heydays. His superb form didn't last that long either, and was only made possible after extended break...…..so I wouldn't expect that form from Fed this time, then again Nadal isn't his peak self anymore; he plays well enough but is a step slower.

If Fed plays with his old scar, Nadal straight sets him. If he plays pretty decent, Nadal wins in 3 or 4 by simply being the better on clay. But if Fed finds his 2017 form, could be a 5 set war...and could come down to old scar (for Fed from previously) vs new scar (inflicted on Nadal in recent years) in key moments.
One thing I will correct is that Fed has "owned" Rafa since 2015. The matches that Roger in 4 times in a row, with his new approach, were from 2017. The one previous win in 2015 came in Basel, in the final, when Rafa was having a terrible year, and still took a set off of Roger, indoors, and on his home turf. Personally, I wouldn't count that one as "owning" Nadal.

Reactions: shawnbm

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One thing I will correct is that Fed has "owned" Rafa since 2015. The matches that Roger in 4 times in a row, with his new approach, were from 2017. The one previous win in 2015 came in Basel, in the final, when Rafa was having a terrible year, and still took a set off of Roger, indoors, and on his home turf. Personally, I wouldn't count that one as "owning" Nadal.
ok has owned Rafa since 2017, happy?

however in the scheme of things when we talk about 'owning', taking a set off the 'owner' on his best surface does not exclude it....Fed took sets off Nadal in his prime almost everywhere on clay including even two wins....when Nadal 'owned' him. I think your nit-picking non-important argument is quite puny, and logically incorrect.….but I am used to it.

also having a terrible year doesn't disqualify it, otherwise fans could excuse Fed's multiple terrible years even more justifiably so (being 5 years older), and put asterisks here and there. Realistically you have to admit Rafa and Novak both had huge advantage after 2012 as Fed struggled quite a bit for years before hanging up his racquet in 2016 and came back miraculously in 2017.

Last edited: