2015 WTA Finals - Singapore

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just thought of it, but Muguruza could really take off next year if she wins the title here.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Just thought of it, but Muguruza could really take off next year if she wins the title here.
of all the younger players Mugu has real talent...she seems humble which is a big plus.I hope she wins this event in doubles and singles....tired of pova and radwanska .
Flavia has picked up her game and can knockout pova...she has the whole italian coaching team in Singapore...:popcorn..
if she wins in straights over pova and Halep wins in straights then its over for pova..

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
From the way things have gone the first three days, it looks to be Sharapova-Kerber in one semi and Halep-Muguruza in the other. After winning 4 titles this year, the WTA Finals title would be a nice finish for Kerber.

No way on earth that Kerber wins the WTA finals. She is mediocre counterpuncher.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kirijax said:
From the way things have gone the first three days, it looks to be Sharapova-Kerber in one semi and Halep-Muguruza in the other. After winning 4 titles this year, the WTA Finals title would be a nice finish for Kerber.

No way on earth that Kerber wins the WTA finals. She is mediocre counterpuncher.

Just saying who I wished would win. I think Muguruza will take it but Sharapova is starting to make me wonder.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Kirijax said:

the surface is very slow and favors counterpunchers...plus Kerber is very efficient.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Schedule of Play:

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

13:00 - [4] Timea Babos / Kristina Mladenovic (HUN/FRA) V [6] Raquel Kops-Jones / Abigail Spears (USA/USA)
15:00 - [4] Petra Kvitova (CZE) V [8] Lucie Safarova (CZE)
19:30 - [2] Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) V [6] Angelique Kerber (GER)
21:30 - [1] Martina Hingis / Sania Mirza (SUI / IND) V [7] Andrea Hlavackova / Lucie Hradecka (CZE/CZE)

[I'm posting this again to get it onto this page. I didn't realize when I first posted it that it was the last message on the previous page.]

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kvitova stays alive with a 7-5, 7-5 win over Safarova! :clap

Huge match vs. Muguruza next.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kirijax said:

Who will you be rooting for? I want Muguruza to beat Kvitova.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Kirijax said:

Who will you be rooting for? I want Muguruza to beat Kvitova.

Kvitova is my favorite WTA player so Petra.

And yes, I'm a confirmed masochist.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muguruza now serving for the match!

And she gets it! We could be looking at a Muguruza-Sharapova final maybe?

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muguruza and Pennetta final....plz

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Red Group
Halep 1-1 Plays Radwanska next.
Sharapova 2-0 Plays Pannetta next.
Radwanska 0-2 Plays Halep next.
Pannetta 1-1 Plays Sharapova next.

Radwanska is hurting so Halep should get win to get in the SFs. Depends on which Halep shows up.
Pennetta has beaten Sharapova the last three times they have played, including this year's Indian Wells. But this one is very hard to call. Whoever wins gets to the SFs with Halep.

White Group
Muguruza 2-0 Plays Kvitova next.
Kvitova 1-1 Plays Muguruza next
Kerber 1-1 Plays Safarova next.
Safarova 0-2 Plays Kerber next.

Muguruza should win this one. first meeting between the two.
Safarova is also struggling health wise so Kerber should get into the SFs.

Prediction

Semifinals:
Muguruza-Pennetta
Halep-Kerber

Final:
Muguruza-Halep

2015 WTA Finals Champion: Muguruza

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJE31vd6YtY[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nCJ5VxE01U[/video]

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play - Thursday, October 29, 2015

13:00 - [3] Hao-Ching Chan / Yung-Jan Chan (TPE/TPE) V [8] Garbiñe Muguruza / Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP/ESP)
15:00 - [1] Simona Halep (ROU) V [5] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)
19:30 - [3] Maria Sharapova (RUS) V [7] Flavia Pennetta (ITA)
21:30 - [2] Bethanie Mattek-Sands / Lucie Safarova (USA/CZE) V [5] Caroline Garcia / Katarina Srebotnik (FRA/SLO)

MashaFan

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
some of the players are there to make the numbers...especially Aga ..just noticed that her coach has very small hands.

tossip said:
last year had a lot of good matches...ANA vs Halep..kvitty vs pova..Serena vs Caro...Serena vs Halep..and there was buzz.
this year no buzz...pova has no sizzle as the media wants us to believe.
the WTA has finally admitted that Serena brings people to these events...her ratings are unbelievable.

tossip said:
pova was never injured was busy practicing her tennis...she was nursing a broken heart ..
yay black heart!
roflmao.gif

I recall that someone who was qualified for this tournament withdrew because of a broken heart - I'll give you a hint - She lost the SF of the USO 2015 to a #34 ranked player while she was soooo close to earn a CGS - The one who lost to a player who had 4 games as her best result in her previous encounters with this BIG star - The biggest shocker of this century - If the comments from tossip above are not proof of his humongous stupidity - then I wonder what is?
smiley-laughing002.gif

MashaFan

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
sk310 said:
Kirijax said:
Sharapova leads 6-4, 3-0.

Halep :cover

Seriously Halep? You're the new Woz... There's no reason you shouldn't be able to beat a rusty Sharapova.

You guys never learn - Maria Sharapova is special - no one is as good as her except for Serena Williams - Although the latter has lost a lot of her stardom since the USO 2015 - These newbie "young stars" all have a negative H2H to Masha - I know most of you dislike Masha for some weird reason and are hoping and hoping and hoping for her demise - but get this - she won't just disappear just to please you - no sureee!!!

There still is something about Maria Sharapova

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So I think Sharapova is officially in. Radwanska takes the first set from Halep. After trailing 1-5 in the TB. Yikes. I really don't know what to think of Halep anymore. She's like the Wawrinka of the WTA. You never know what you're gonna get. so amazing one day and the meh the next.