2015 WTA Finals - Singapore

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Halep will be eliminated if she loses in straight sets. she is losing 7-6(5), 5-1 to Radwanska. :cover

Who would have thought this after the way she clobbered Pennetta?

And Radwanska wins 7-6, 6-1. The other Red Group spot is between Pennetta and Radwanska. Wow.

If sharapova wins in straight sets, Radwanska is in. If Pennetta can win a set, she is in.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Halep will be eliminated if she loses in straight sets. she is losing 7-6(5), 5-1 to Radwanska. :cover

Who would have thought this after the way she clobbered Pennetta?

And Radwanska wins 7-6, 6-1. The other Red Group spot is between Pennetta and Radwanska. Wow.

If sharapova wins in straight sets, Radwanska is in. If Pennetta can win a set, she is in.

Since I love Aga, I'm happy, but it's still disappointing for Halep and her fans. Last year she was the finalist; this year, she can't even get to the SF.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
OK, just to be clear:

Sharapova 2-0, Faces Pennetta next, already qualified for SF even if she loses.
Pennetta 1-1, Faces Sharapova next, advances if she wins a set, wins group if she wins.
Radwanska 1-2, Will advance to SF if Sharapova wins in straight sets.
Halep 1-2, Eliminated.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kirijax said:
OK, just to be clear:

Pennetta 1-1, Faces Sharapova next, advances if she wins a set, wins group if she wins.
Halep 1-2, Eliminated.

So I not only have to root for Sharapova, I have to hope she wins in straights to get Aga to the SF? Geez.

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
tented said:
Kirijax said:
OK, just to be clear:

Halep 1-2, Eliminated.

So I not only have to root for Sharapova, I have to hope she wins in straights to get Aga to the SF? Geez.

It's never easy, is it? :hug

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sharapova takes the first set 7-5! Pennetta has to take the second set or she is eliminated. If she takes the 2nd set, then Radwanska is eliminated and the third set will decide whether Sharapova or Pennetta wins the group. Also, if Pennetta loses the 2nd set, her career is over. She'll be going all out this next set.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sharapova wins 7-5, 6-1 and wins the Red Group!

And with that straight sets win, Radwanska is in the SF.

And Pennetta's career comes to a close.

Sharapova and Radwanska advance!

CSLLoq3UsAAIIyA.jpg

CSeSMAzUcAAfQim.jpg

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Unfortunately, Pennetta went all in and cashed out on that 1 game in the 2nd set -- ok, that's enuff of the bad analogies. So it's Maria and a highly unlikely Radwanska (after losing the first 2 matches). Round Robin format sure brings its ups and downs.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Friday, October 30, 2015 -- Schedule of Play

11:30 - [1] Martina Hingis / Sania Mirza (SUI/IND) V [4] Timea Babos / Kristina Mladenovic (HUN/FRA)
14:00 - [2] Garbiñe Muguruza (ESP) V [4] Petra Kvitova (CZE)
16:00 - [6] Angelique Kerber (GER) V [8] Lucie Safarova (CZE)
18:00 - [6] Raquel Kops-Jones / Abigail Spears (USA/USA) V [7] Andrea Hlavackova / Lucie Hradecka (CZE/CZE)

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
OK, now for the white group:

Muguruza 2-0, Faces Kvitova. Pretty much in. a lot of things would have to go wrong in a Halepian was for her to be knocked out.

Kerber 1-1, Faces Safarova. In with a win and if Kvitova even drops one set to Muguruza. (I think)

Kvitova 1-1, Faces Muguruza. Needs to win in straight sets and then it's a game count percentage vs Kerber.

Safarova 0-2, Faces Kerber. A whole lot of things have to go right in a Radwanskapholic way for her to advance.

Muguruza should end up No. 1 and Kerber should go No.2.

So the semifinals wills be Muguruza-Radwanska and Sharapova-Kerber.

From @WTAInsider
CSaNKyZUkAAQnyu.png

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have the feeling that Garby is not going to let go this tournament, she seems to have a lot of confidence and great game :cool:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
why is pova lecturing Halep on how to win when she has lost 18-2 times to one player...ten years of floggings.Halep has class and and will follow her own lane...just think pova is jealous that Halep looks up to Serena...who wants to be cold and ruthless like pova only mannequins.
Halep has an injury and is probably hurting....she has a lot of fans that follow her event to event and call out her name.I like her she wil win slams for sure because when she is on she is so good to watch..cant stand the two banshees pova and zenka
Halep s time will come...
Serena should mentor her when she retires...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muguruza takes the first set 6-4 over Kvitova. Every game Kvitova drops makes it harder and harder. Who knows she may already be eliminated after dropping that first set. That loss to Kerber really hurt. That was the difference of course.

And Muguruza looks good. She is going to be a major presence next year on the tour. If she wins this whole thing, her excitement/fame level is going to skyrocket.

Just saw that Muguruza is now officially into the SF with that first set. Now it's down to the other three to face Sharapova.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muguruza is the future barring injuries...she is likeable and seems humble.She is playing with a lot of confidence and can win this thing...if Kerber goes through she will be a nightmare for her semis opponent..

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kvitova takes the second set! :clap

Come on Petra! Rise from the ashes of defeat like Radwanska! :snicker

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This has turned into a nail-biter! Muguruza is serving for the match at 6-5, but about to be broken (and has had 3 MPs this game). Third set tiebreak on the way, it seems.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oh so close! What a fight from Kvitova though. And congrats to Muguruza! No. 1 in the White Group and into the SFs!

Now Kvitova isn't out of it yet. If Safarova beats Kerber in straight sets, then Kvitova goes to the SFs to play Sharapova.

Come on Safarova! I want to see that match!