WTA Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
There it is. Too many errors from Serena and IMO she misses a golden opportunity to get to the last 4.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena finds a good deep return to go up 15-30 on Kenin's serve. Kenin gets to 30-30. And deuce even though she didn't get a first serve on either point. Serena just still missing. Finds a first serve, puts the return away and has match point. Great serve. And pulled Serena out wide to her forehand. But clips the tape with her next shot. That's tough. Had the right idea to try and go back behind Serena though. But gets back to match point. Serena's second shot sails long. Missed again. And Kenin is through. Serena not good enough today.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kenin didn't crumble at the end. Great win. Good choice to watch this match.

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I knew when she let Kenin off the hook in that 8th game it would haunt her

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oi, Oi, Oi, for Ash Barty who has never been to the round of 16 at RG defeating Petko 63 61.....

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
So the French gets Serena again. Still her weakest slam by a large margin.

Draw opens up for Keys to make her way to the semis again. This time she'll likely get Halep. But still plenty of tennis to be played. Siniakova will probably have something to say about it. Though I don't think she'll get the second upset. Keys better on clay than Osaka. Barty and Kenin will battle to have their say. Barty certainly playing well enough to do it. Kenin looked fantastic today. So we'll see if she can upset Barty. Definitely wasn't all Serena's poor play out there today. But it definitely helped.

Anisimova will serve for a chance at Bolsova (and Halep. Or Swiatek I guess. Swiatek could maybe surprise Halep. Young. Good serve. Probably haven't played yet.) Bolsova served well today just like against Cirstea. So Anisimova will have her work cut out for her as well.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
And Anisimova, the youngest person in the draw gets in as the last person into the round of 16. Very bright future. Could start a bit sooner than we think should Halep suddenly lose the script. But Bolsova will have plenty to say about that. Also looks really good.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
She will get 24. It's the whole reason she came back after maternity leave. I don't know that she'll get it here, but I'm convinced the next final she reaches she will win. Remember all those milestone slam records took several attempts before she finally broke through (18 & 22).

Not here, but I still think of her as one of the favorites at Wimbledon. I think that’s where she has the best shot at 24. Something almost always seems to go wrong at the USO, so I don’t think it will be there.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fun Fact,
17 year old Amanda Anisimova becomes the youngest woman to reach the round of 16 at RG since Martina Hingis in 1998.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena needs to take our advice play a lead up tournament,starting with the grass this year.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Not here, but I still think of her as one of the favorites at Wimbledon. I think that’s where she has the best shot at 24. Something almost always seems to go wrong at the USO, so I don’t think it will be there.
her best slams are Wimby and Aus.

Reactions: tenisplayrla08
Status
Not open for further replies.