WTA Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's been my whole argument with her comeback. She doesn't play enough. Needs to play a small tourney or something to get reps, rhythm and timing. A shot of confidence wouldn't hurt either

I hope Serena plays a lead up grass tournament to Wimbledon this year.

Reactions: kskate2

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena with an ace to start. But her first double fault up 30-15. But holds. Needs to get the break for the set. Has the advantage of serving first. Needs to use it.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Bolsova takes it 7-5 in the second and hits the deck! So excited. Huge opportunity for her. 137th in the world.

Kenin with the love hold. Playing truly spectacular tennis most of the time.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena with another inexplicable miss. Commentator saying he sees a difference in Serena's body language between this match and the first match. Where as in the first match she got angry, in this match she just looks disappointed. Good observation. I didn't see her first match. So I don't know.

But finds a nice point down love-30.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Begu breaks again and we're all square again. Almost didn't hold for 3-2. But pulled it out after 3 or 4 deuces and finds the break.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena finds a great first serve. And then another good first serve. But Kenin is ready for that one. Puts it in the corner. She'll serve for it. Just really solid tennis from her today. Dealing with Serena's ups and downs very well. Even as the pressure has built in this second set. Serena, on days like this, needs to things. To find her serve and for the opponent to feel her coming and crack. Even if it's just the slightest crack. She needs a little help. Kenin is not happy to oblige with that second part today. And you could say Serena has completely found her serve either. Though, even if she did, on the clay, it's got slightly less of a benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.