WTA Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Well we've reached that point in the day where it's all men's matches. The only ladies on court right now are Chan and Moore in a mixed doubles match. There's still guys on that court. lol

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don’t know if Serena is up to it — physically, I mean. We know she’s capable of anything with her mental strength assuming her body is OK. I hope she wins, though. I want her to get past Margaret Court, and settle this issue once and for all who the greatest is. I already know Serena is, but some people keep mentioning Court because of slam count. It’s stupid, because so many of Court’s titles were pre-open era, at the AO, during a time when the majority of players didn’t even bother going to Australia.
She will get 24. It's the whole reason she came back after maternity leave. I don't know that she'll get it here, but I'm convinced the next final she reaches she will win. Remember all those milestone slam records took several attempts before she finally broke through (18 & 22).

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I would never bet on Halep. She has a knack of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory like no one. So, yes, I would be surprised if she defended, except for the fact that top seeds are falling so quickly, clearing a better path.
The other side still has ES and Mugu. One of them will make the final.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It is unbelievable, the number of matches in which one girl gets bagelled in the first set and then comes back to win the match. Today, Swiatek did that.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sofia came to play today. This doesn't even look like Serena's B game. She's barely moving to the ball

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Watching too. I must admit some women's matches are more interesting then men's. I should follow WTA more, give them a chance outside of the slams

I’ve barely watched any men’s tennis this FO. Too many WTA matches to choose from

SP for Kenin

Reactions: kskate2
Status
Not open for further replies.