WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He has coached Osaka,Vika,Pliskova, Wozniacki,a Ukrainian player,and others.He has been around the block..a lot.He doesn't seem to have an idea on how to improve his coaching.Tennis is evolving and he is not.
I agree as a coach, who have to evolve your coaching methods, just as a player has to evolve their game

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca Andreescu and Sloane Stephens have received wild cards into Cincinnati tournament. along with Caroline Wozniacki and Peyton Stearns
There will be 1 more wild card allocated to a women player

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bianca Andreescu and Sloane Stephens have received wild cards into Cincinnati tournament. along with Caroline Wozniacki and Peyton Stearns
There will be 1 more wild card allocated to a women player
Wow.. Bianca really wants to play.I think this US Open will be competitive,I am hoping that Vika will finally win the US open she is long overdue.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow.. Bianca really wants to play.I think this US Open will be competitive,I am hoping that Vika will finally win the US open she is long overdue.
I think this year's USO will in ways be up for grabs, it will be interesting to see if Iga can defend her title, still I think the lead up tournaments in Montreal and Cinncy may give us a better insight to who is playing well on the HCs this year
I forgot to add, if Sabalenka can win Montreal she will take over the No 1 ranking from Swiatek by a small margin

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Warsaw Tournament, results Thursday matches 27th July,

2 seeds defeated today,
No 2seed Karolina Muchova defeated in 3 sets by R.Sramkova 75 36 75.....Karolina failed to convert 4MPs?
No 4 seed L. Zhu defeated in SS by L. Siegemund 64 64

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well I can think of other coaches in the WTA that can coach better than Sasha quite frankly, he has parted with some good players,which havent lasted long, I still feel he came on the coaching scene on the back of being Serena's hitting partner for soo many years., which dosent mean he will be successful as a coach.
I believe he can coach. Vika did well when he was there. Naomi won 2 slams and then they had a falling out. Caro was way more aggressive after her stint w/ him. I'm pretty sure it attributed to her winning in Oz. It might just be a personality conflict w/ these other players. Dunno.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I believe he can coach. Vika did well when he was there. Naomi won 2 slams and then they had a falling out. Caro was way more aggressive after her stint w/ him. I'm pretty sure it attributed to her winning in Oz. It might just be a personality conflict w/ these other players. Dunno.
You may be right with a personality conflict, I hope he dosent decide down the track to coach Pliskova again, I think those two have had their time together.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He is kind of a diva,and loves the limelight too.Serena spoiled him by allowing him to enjoy the celebrity athlete life.He was hobnobbing with celebrities and ended up thinking that he is one of them.I think he has to humble himself and find an ATP player to coach ,like JJ Wolf or Brooksby when he comes back.

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA500 Washington DC draw is out, tournament starts July 31st.
Interesting round 1 matches

Svitolina vs Azarenka
Mertens vs Kasatkina
Brady vs Kalinina
Qinwen vs Keys
Collinas vs Samsonova
Andreescu vs Kostyuk

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
WTA500 Washington DC draw is out, tournament starts July 31st.
Interesting round 1 matches

Svitolina vs Azarenka
Mertens vs Kasatkina
Brady vs Kalinina
Qinwen vs Keys
Collinas vs Samsonova
Andreescu vs Kostyuk
Svitolina and Vika..again.I am am kinda interested in the Brady vs Kalinina match.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
When I saw that draw , Vika v Elina I thought oh no, though this time it is on a HC, Elina will have stay aggressive, I am leaning towards Vika
Interested to watch Jen after being off the tour with injuries.
Elina is also good on the HC,and hopefully Vika is up for it.That incident at Wimbledon calls for revenge from Vika.

Status
Not open for further replies.