WTA News & Gossip 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Camila hits the ball hard and flat with aggression, takes the ball early, when it is balanced she can be hard to beat especially on a hard court, she only knows one way to play, so I guess her shots found the line in her match against Sloane., who apparently was just a bystander in the match :)
BTW Camila won the tournament at the Merida Open yesterday
I am wondering if Scone is happily married,or if she is still married.Her form has really deteriorated a lot.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am wondering if Scone is happily married,or if she is still married.Her form has really deteriorated a lot.
I thought when she got engaged, her form was not the same, shame I think we all thought when she won the USO she would go on and win more, as far as I am aware she is still married.
BTW Sloane is playing Taylor Townsend in the new WTA tournament in Austin, Texas on Tuesday, I will be interested to see how she fare. Sloane and Alycia won their doubles match today.

Last edited:

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
That match today in Austin will prove interesting between SS and Taylor Townsend. I am sure SS is still embarrassed about how she played against Giorgi but that's in the past. There has been alot of speculation (okay, gossip) about her weight. Maybe she's going to have a baby????? I thought I would throw that out there and see what people think.....

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That match today in Austin will prove interesting between SS and Taylor Townsend. I am sure SS is still embarrassed about how she played against Giorgi but that's in the past. There has been alot of speculation (okay, gossip) about her weight. Maybe she's going to have a baby????? I thought I would throw that out there and see what people think.....
Sloane is playing doubles with Alyica Parks ..they should make a great team

Reactions: tossip

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Question, has Coco made it to a GS double final yet? Taylor's double partner was McNally last US Open final

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
IW update:
OUT: Bogdan
IN: Rafucanu Emma has now direct entry into IW, dosent need the WC she was given

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Michael Joyce , will be working with former world No 4 Sofia Kenin in IW/Miami. The two have been hard at work on the courts at the Evert Academy in Boca Raton for the last week.Unclear if Kenin's father Alex Kenin will be on the trip, his health hasn't been great in recent months.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Indian Wells main draw wild cards,
Sofia Kenin
Emma Navarro
Ann Li
Caty McNally
Kaite Volynets
Peyton Stearns
Elizabeth Mandlik
Dayana Yastremska

Reactions: Ellentonboy

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
SFs at Monterrey
(1) Garcia vs (4) Mertens
(3) Vekic vs (5) Zhu

SFs at Austin, Texas,
(4) D. Collins vs (8) M.Kostyuk
V. Gracheva vs K. Volynets

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova will not compete in IW/Miami saving her limited PR for the clay events, however expect to see her play several lower-tier events at the end of March in Europe

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
1st SF in ATX Austin Open, Texas,
M.Kostyuk (8) d D.Collins 64 63, she is the first player through to the final, this is Marta's first tour level final, for the very talented 20 year old.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
These wildcards are wild. Mandlik - who hasn't played well in a number of weeks is a surprise. McNally and Volynets are to be expected based on the past several weeks. Wow, I would hate to be a player, these wildcards are just thrown around like candy.......lets see how qualifying goes.

I do have my favorites (Giorgi, my future wife and mother of my imaginary children) everyone knows that who has seen me posting. Granted it is a bit of a joke and I know everyone thinks I am delusional but hey, why not give it a shot, right? One thing about me is that I like to have a good laugh but having Giorgi win in Mexico last week was enough to give me a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.