Brenda Fruhvirtova (CZE)
Robin Montgomery (USA)
Victoria Kasintseva (AND)
Alexandra Eala (PHI)
Hailey Baptiste (USA)

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I was watching that match and another, switched back at the end of the match, didnt see the non handshake at the net. From what I am now hearing that Tsurenko retired in their last match injured, though some say she was pretending to be injured
I heard it mentioned by commentators that Vekic felt Tsurenko was playing the "injured" card a bit too much. Vekic isn't known for being a "poor sport" so there had to be something to that.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
The courts are sooo slow in IW. Can't wait to get to the Miami event (I believe Rune is already training there and has said the courts are faster). I'm picking Iga in the final, though I have to say Saba's domination of Coco was pretty impressive.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The courts are sooo slow in IW. Can't wait to get to the Miami event (I believe Rune is already training there and has said the courts are faster). I'm picking Iga in the final, though I have to say Saba's domination of Coco was pretty impressive.
Miami has always been a faster court than IW, it is also very gritty this year, though it does take spin well,
This surface does suit Iga to a tee, she has the time on her shots, compared to a faster HC where players that have hard flat shots are capable of defeating her.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Former player Raeman Sluiter has joined the coaching team of Elina Svitolina, practicing on court in Switzerland, Elina has been granted a main draw wild card in her first tournament back on the tour, after having her baby girl, in Charleston next month.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I'll say it again: IW shouldn't be played in March. It's still a bit cool, which makes the courts slower. They should move it to the US Open series, and be the last event before the US Open.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Some of these players are playing Coco like they have to mete revenge for all the losses they endured from Serena.Today Saba is somewhat passive..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Players confirmed for WTA500 Stuggart 15-23 April,
Swiatek, Gauff, Raducanu, Garcia, Sabalenka

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA Top 10, Monday 20th March, 2023,

1. Swiatek
2. Sabalenka
3. Pegula
4. Garcia (+1)
5. Jabeur (-1)
6. Gauff
7. Rybakina ( +3)
8. Kasatkina
9. Bencic
10. Sakkari (-3)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Some of these players are playing Coco like they have to mete revenge for all the losses they endured from Serena.Today Saba is somewhat passive..
Tossip, I don't think Saba has "passive" in her DNA ..Elena Rybakina out played Aryna Sabalenka who did herself any justice with untimely double faults.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Former player Raeman Sluiter has joined the coaching team of Elina Svitolina, practicing on court in Switzerland, Elina has been granted a main draw wild card in her first tournament back on the tour, after having her baby girl, in Charleston next month.
Mrs Monfils needs to get out there to earn some dough for the family. I think Gael is on a rapid decline which is a shame.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mrs Monfils needs to get out there to earn some dough for the family. I think Gael is on a rapid decline which is a shame.
Gael has just come back from a long lay off due to his foot problem, it may take awhile, though he did say if he got another serious injury he will look at retirement, he is still hoping to play at the Olympics in Paris and then will decide if he will continue

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Women's Tennis Works To Safeguard Against Predatory Coaches,

Lindsay Brandon is a lawyer whose past clients include athletes disputing doping suspension. In her new role post of the WTA's first director of safe guarding, Brandon is leading an increased effort to protect athletes from predatory coaches- and others- on the women's professional tennis tour.
"Safeguarding is about emotional abuse, physical abuse as well.And its not just coach- athlete.There are other people that are part of this process. There can be athlete - to athlete issues.There can be issues with respect to training staff separate from coaches. Those are just some of the examples.
Her priorities include managing the WTA security team's investigations of complaints, and monitoring any potential concerns, along with improving education and creating a safeguarding code of conduct she hopes will be published in 2024.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Retired Slovak tennis star Dominika Cibulkova has given birth to her second child, a baby girl named Nina Navara. Cibulkova retired from tennis in November 2019, gave birth to her first child, son Jakub in June 2022

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Retired Slovak tennis star Dominika Cibulkova has given birth to her second child, a baby girl named Nina Navara. Cibulkova retired from tennis in November 2019, gave birth to her first child, son Jakub in June 2022
I hope she is able to get back to her playing size .that was Gael's ex squeeze back in the day .

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
The most frustrating thing is that Coco played nearly flawless in the Noskova match. That version of Coco can win slams. I don't know what happened to Coco between in between that match and the one with the qualifier. Coco didn't have it that day, but she dug deep to get that win. Coco pretty much had nothing left in the tank by the time she played Sabalenka.

Reactions: tossip
Status
Not open for further replies.