Western & Southern Open, New York City, US - ATP Masters 1000

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tsitsipas looked sharp!

It looks like the UTR exhibitions have helped him a lot. He's a very interesting path to the final:

Anderson, Isner, Opelka, Raonic - 4 very tall players. I have have never seen that before...hopefully he is able to improve his return of serve throughout this tournament.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It looks like the UTR exhibitions have helped him a lot. He's a very interesting path to the final:

Anderson, Isner, Opelka, Raonic - 4 very tall players. I have have never seen that before...hopefully he is able to improve his return of serve throughout this tournament.
Interesting. He handles tall players reasonably well, I think, because he's fairly tall, and is not afraid of the net. Anderson is still a bit hampered. Isner isn't the best mover. Going forward, Opelka is not a terrible mover, and he really does serve as if from a tree, and Raonic is on good form. If nothing else, Stefanos can just keep relying on more or less the same game plan. I'd like to see him come through this forrest of tall trees.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 1.11.48 AM.png

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
QFs:

Medvedev v. Bautista Agut
Djokovic v. Struff
Tsitsipas v. Opelka
Raonic v. Krajinovic

--------------------------------------

The top half is all full of interesting options, though Medvedev is growing on me, and I like RBA because he's a stalwart. Bottom half, I hope for Tsitsipas and Krajinovic to come through, and Stefanos in the final.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting QFs.
Novak not impressive but hopefully it will be enough for at least the F. I would like to see Filip or Milos on the other side. Both in good shape.
Thx to Filip for destroying the german peasant.

I dont like the Tsitsipussy, but he is playing very well. Daniil vs Pussy would be also interesting F, because of their past.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting QFs.
Novak not impressive but hopefully it will be enough for at least the F. I would like to see Filip or Milos on the other side. Both in good shape.
Thx to Filip for destroying the german peasant.

I dont like the Tsitsipussy, but he is playing very well. Daniil vs Pussy would be also interesting F, because of their past.
Nice to see you back, Bonaca!

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Poor Roberto, Daniil is giving him a lesson in tennis.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Tsitsipas is playing well. I hope he makes the final. I wonder what Ferrer will do for AZ. That serve is horrendous when under pressure. He needs a brain transplant. What a choker.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic is going to be very hard to beat here and in the US open because he is very used to the crowd not cheering for him so this format without any crowd is not a drastic change.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It took 3 MPs to win the match Roberto Agut defeats the defending champion Danni Medvedev 16 64 63.
A weird match in the end.
I didn't think it was weird so much as it was a really good match. Too much drama from Medvedev, though, and RBA is very consistent. It was a pretty good match, though. Commies called it the match of the week.