Western & Southern Open, New York City, US - ATP Masters 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I doubt any player is at full strength and my assumption is they are all going to struggle.

Well I didn't watch it all, but was it mentioned that if Nole completes this tourney win to tie Nadal with 35 Masters 1000 titles, he'll be the only player ever to win all 14 top ATP events at least twice? He's already the record holder with 1 Cinci crown; the 2nd will elevate him for all time! Not sure anyone will come close to being that prolific and complete a player! :exploding-head:

Reactions: Bonaca

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well I didn't watch it all, but was it mentioned that if Nole completes this tourney win to tie Nadal with 35 Masters 1000 titles, he'll be the only player ever to win all 14 top ATP events at least twice? He's already the record holder with 1 Cinci crown; the 2nd will elevate him for all time! Not sure anyone will come close to being that prolific and complete a player! :exploding-head:

Wow this would go very well with his bronze medal! :good:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I can think of at least two other players.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He had a night match and then had a early day match from what I understand,also he was close to withdrawing before the tournament started.

His condition has worsened after the match and doctor advised him to rest and not do press conference
He seems often on death's door, and then wins the match and now is in the finals. Is it the scheduling? Or that his neck hurts? Or that he's got a stomach ache, because he was complaining of that, too. If he wins this tournament, some people are going to think there was a lot of protesting too much. And if he doesn't, he's got his excuses all in line.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He seems often on death's door, and then wins the match and now is in the finals. Is it the scheduling? Or that his neck hurts? Or that he's got a stomach ache, because he was complaining of that, too. If he wins this tournament, some people are going to think there was a lot of protesting too much. And if he doesn't, he's got his excuses all in line.

Well if he is that unwell he should forfeit, seeing the USO starts Monday,though I would be surprised if he does.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Wow this would go very well with his bronze medal! :good:

Sounds like sour grapes! I'm one that never approved of tennis getting put back into the Olympics! The Games should be for amateurs and I think it rotten that celebrated, rich athletes can interlope back into amateur sports due to the ego of countries desperately needing acknowledgement even if they have to cheat! :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well if he is that unwell he should forfeit, seeing the USO starts Monday,though I would be surprised if he does.
There was a lot of tittering amongst the commentators today that he might quit on RBA, given the calendar. He did look a bit down for the count, for a while there. That's why I give him credit for hanging in, and not just bailing to protect his USO. But now that he's made the final, I'd expect best effort.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
So damn right.
He is one of a kind, looking at completeness and proofing it for a long time already!
Hard work last night, was far from his best.
Luckily B game was enough.
No 35 would be awesome, but please don’t forget the counting on weeks at no 1:flexed-biceps:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Second set for Novak. Please one more!

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Poor Miloš, Novak finds his rhythm again when it most counts!
He is bringing nearly every 1st serve back, unbelievable.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to Novak. No 35:clap:

Not impressive but still enough.

Congrats also for Miloš for a very good tournament.

Reactions: don_fabio

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Is Djoke’s neck the only medical issue? I wonder whether he will ask to play on Tuesday to get an extra day of rest.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A great stat for Novak Djokovic the only man to win every Masters event once,is now the only man to win every Masters event Twice,
Double Golden Masters.....Congratulations!

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
I think neck problem is due to his yoga sessions. But he won anyway. Good and hope he will solve neck problems in USO.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I think neck problem is due to his yoga sessions. But he won anyway. Good and hope he will solve neck problems in USO.

Nadal will own the "clay Master" moniker while the overall "Master" is still being fought between Nole and Roger with Djokovic a clear lead in the # of titles (35 tied w/ Nadal), his consistency over the years, and averaging 4-5 wins a season! Who can we imagine "ever" winning 6 Masters 1000 titles and being a finalist in 2 others in a single season? He skipped Madrid that year! Nole Blog updated after 35th Masters win and the completion of his 2nd Golden Masters! :yahoo:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to Novak. No 35:clap:

Not impressive but still enough.

Congrats also for Miloš for a very good tournament.
I actually like the way he won this tournament. His comebacks in last 2 matches are impressive, showing not give up atitude despite neck and stomach issues. This is why people call him a mental giant. When he is like this with eyes on the prize it's very hard to stop him. Hopefully no injury during US Open and another slam in a pocket.

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425