US Politics Thread

Obsi

Masters Champion
Reactions
^Lol! mate you're so funny. Even an issue as grand as this... You're only capable of seeing it through the prism of your dislike. It shows what small character you have. Thank you for showing me that you're as tiny a person as I always thought you were! :clap:

You're a shitty person.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I just loved this. One of the big frustrations I've had in the last 6 months has been this BS that Trump has anything to do with jobs growth and the bull market. Glad to see ex-banker journalists just cutting through the lies...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good for them for holding this guy's feet to the fire. If the media keeps letting people come on and just spout agenda without questioning it, it's simply propaganda.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I don't get the above video though...Why do you have this dude in your show if you already know you are more qualified then him in all the subjects you are going to ask him about, and just keep mentioning it when the guy tries to talk? "We know better than you but let's hear it...OH wait, you are wrong! " This is stupid. Waste of air time if you ask me. Either get people there whose opinions you respect and listen to them, or don't. Why call someone for an interview when all you want is to humiliate the guy?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't get the above video though...Why do you have this dude in your show if you already know you are more qualified then him in all the subjects you are going to ask him about, and just keep mentioning it when the guy tries to talk? "We know better than you but let's hear it...OH wait, you are wrong! " This is stupid. Waste of air time if you ask me. Either get people there whose opinions you respect and listen to them, or don't. Why call someone for an interview when all you want is to humiliate the guy?
They asked him, "What is the selling point for Trump," but they are not obligated to buy his propaganda. He was asked about Gary Cohen and the CEOs getting out. He decided to push agenda and actually lie about who has made the economy so sparkly over the last 8 years. He need not have been humiliated if he'd decided to talk about finance and politics in a way that was true and reflective of what has actually happened in recent years, rather than just pushing a fallacious argument that it's been all Trump.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
They asked him, "What is the selling point for Trump," but they are not obligated to buy his propaganda. He was asked about Gary Cohen and the CEOs getting out. He decided to push agenda and actually lie about who has made the economy so sparkly over the last 8 years. He need not have been humiliated if he'd decided to talk about finance and politics in a way that was true and reflective of what has actually happened in recent years, rather than just pushing a fallacious argument that it's been all Trump.
I am not talking about the substance or the lack there of...The whole thing was just weird. I mean, everyone tries to push agenda , that's nothing new. Just flat out saying " We know better then you" to your guest just rubbed me the wrong way. Why have him then? Whatever...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not talking about the substance or the lack there of...The whole thing was just weird. I mean, everyone tries to push agenda , that's nothing new. Just flat out saying " We know better then you" to your guest just rubbed me the wrong way. Why have him then? Whatever...
I don't see what's weird about it. You have people with various opinions on. But if they're going to spout propaganda, and they're wrong, they deserve to get told off. Being too polite gets you nowhere, if people are lying. And he was lying. He didn't have to.

N

Nekro

lol charlottesville hot topic in PoE too, just made this screenie ingame :p

BcKVWT8.jpg

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
lol charlottesville hot topic in PoE too, just made this screenie ingame :p

BcKVWT8.jpg

I am shocked I found one intelligent line on the screen above: "how do I mute global chat because ya'll are fucking retarded"

Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So... Bannon's gone.

It's going to be interesting to see if he presents a risk to Trump outside of the WH or not. If he does, it might be over...

N

Nekro

So... Bannon's gone.

It's going to be interesting to see if he presents a risk to Trump outside of the WH or not. If he does, it might be over...
lol, Bannon looks the least like someone who wants to get his family chopped up by Trump's tower buddies, just look at his hairdo :lulz1::laugh::lol3:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Wonder if Trump tries to recruit someone like Laura Ingraham to become his political strategist. She's fairly formidable

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just to lighten the mood, and also for some seriously pointed satire.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

...the alternative is to just not call people out on their bullshit? I know the alternative you're suggesting is, not to have the guy on at all, but since literally every person in the Trump administration, including Trump himself, are either morons or liars who have no idea what they're doing, what do you suggest? (not voting for Trump would have been a start).

Reactions: Moxie

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
...the alternative is to just not call people out on their bullshit? I know the alternative you're suggesting is, not to have the guy on at all, but since literally every person in the Trump administration, including Trump himself, are either morons or liars who have no idea what they're doing, what do you suggest? (not voting for Trump would have been a start).

I am not a Trump guy by any stretch of the imagination but that is not what my point is about. Can you tell me what you learned after this interview that you did not know before?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not a Trump guy by any stretch of the imagination but that is not what my point is about. Can you tell me what you learned after this interview that you did not know before?

It's very simple really. One of the commanding narratives so far in the Trump administration is that he may not have had successes in terms of legislation, but he's been good for the economy. Jobs, stock markets etc. The two interviewers who are experienced ex-bankers asked questions and the Trump guy spouted out the typical talking points to try to sustain a false narrative. The truth is that Trump cannot take credit for jobs growth, nor can he take credit for the upward trend of the stock market. In terms of jobs growth, momentum is actually slowing from the pace that the Obama Presidency saw. And in terms of the historic performance of jobs growth in new administrations what we've seen this year is far from special. Looking at the stock market you can look at a chart of the stock market rally that started in March 2009 and there is nothing different. What we've seen this year is just a continuation of one of the strongest bull markets we've seen in decades. Nothing to do with Trump. What was amusing about the interview is the fact that this Trump surrogate clearly didn't know who he was talking to. He thought he could just spout his talking points and these guys would just meekly accept the lies. In this case he just pissed them off, as he refused to answer any substantive questions. It was hilarious to me, because it was the first time I've actually heard interviewers point out what has been patently obvious to those of us who work in the financial sector. In short, this is less about learning anything new, and more about finally watching an interview where political lies were exposed for what they were. Everyone talks about fake news and a biased media, but at least where the economy is concerned the Trump administration has been allowed to get away with untruths

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46