US Politics Thread

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
THE GRAND SHEER IRONY of it all:

HILLARY -- who was supposed to WIN and ''lead the free world" -- claimed by many of her supporters to be ''nobody's business but american people's choice" (that was said HERE) -

IS THE very person who BROUGHT FOREIGN personalities INTO her campaign slogans...

namely

VLADIMIR PUTIN T0P SCARE americans about ''red scare putin agent donal trump|"

AS some of us warned -- PURE HOKUM SPUN out of thin air...

JUST LIKE DECADES OF ''the aggressive russia expanding to OUR borders and swallowing europe" --

phantom foreign enemies and threats -- and donald trump as the phantom ''domestic threat" ...

the IRONY -- andthis applies towards the EUROPEAN LEADERS who tramped oon TRump IN SERVICE to THEIR MASTER WAR PARTY WASHINGTON OF HILLARY --

is they are ALL IN ''congratulations mode" ..........such hypocrisy after all -- it NEVER goes away ......does it?

it should be recalled -- TRUMP was supposed to be DEFEATED by FEARMONGERING for his being a PUTIN AGENT --

but there he goes -- NOT REALLY a putin agent...but hillary's and the war party's PHANTOM ''agent of putin'

BECAME REAL -- as TRUMP - simply the american oligarch who actually ran and won because he could . why should hillary and company have tried to make that MORE complicated by DRAGGING PUTIN AND RUSSIA into the picture?

there lies the dilemma for american politics _

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PHANTOM ENEMIES ABROAD WHERE THERE ARE NONE -- NOR NEED BE -- but

INCIDENTALLY CREATING REAL ENEMIES AND THREATS they THOUGHT they could CONTROL - like AL QAEDA...long aftger they CREATED THEM...

let that be a LESSON TO AMERICANS.
=================================
AS BENJAMIN FRANKLIN WARNED:

"tyranny shall arrive on these shores -- NOT because of foreign enemies or threats -- real or imagined -- but because the PEOPLE ARE CORRUPT".

=======================================
rt.com
Congratulations not celebrations: Countries who slammed Trump send best wishes
Leaders around the world who previously spoke out against Donald Trump now face the unenviable task of swallowing their pride and issuing grudging congratulations to the president-elect to ensure continuing good relations with the US.

"I consider Donald Trump a man who invests a lot in a policy of fear," Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said back in April. Today Renzi, who openly supported Hillary Clinton, congratulated Trump on his victory. Speaking in Rome he said "I wish him well. The Italo-American friendship is solid," according to Reuters.

READ MORE: ‘Congratulations’ vs ‘shock’: World leaders & politicians react to US election result

Argentina’s Foreign Minister Susana Malcorra commented only days ago that Trump represented a "more closed, isolationist and xenophobic" model in his agenda.

These tough remarks were all but forgotten today when she congratulated Trump in a tweet reading, "Congratulations Donald Trump on being elected as the new president of the United States. The north American people have spoken at the polls. Congratulations to democracy and its institutions.”

El pueblo norteamericano ha hablado en las urnas. @realDonaldTrump ha triunfado. Felicitaciones por la democracia y sus instituciones!

— Susana Malcorra (@SusanaMalcorra) November 9, 2016
In a possible last jab at Trump, Malcorra added another tweet congratulating Clinton, describing her as a “capable woman not being chosen to fulfill such an important responsibility.”

Felicitaciones @HillaryClinton por la gran elección. Una pena no ver una mujer tan capaz elegida para esa importante responsabilidad.

— Susana Malcorra (@SusanaMalcorra) November 9, 2016
Ireland’s premier, Enda Kenny, may have some explaining to do when he makes his annual St Patrick’s Day visit to the White House next year. In June, when Trump was due to visit Ireland, Kenny claimed he would be “very happy” to meet the presidential candidates to outline why his views are considered racist.

Following Trump’s victory Kenny sent his congratulations to Trump. "I look forward to working with the new administration in the time ahead in the cause of international peace and security.” he said.

Ireland is a haven for major US companies including Google and Apple who avail of its low corporate tax rate. Kenny is sure to push to maintain this relationship, even managing to mention Vice-President-elect Mike Pence’s Irish heritage in his statement to Trump, describing him as “a proud Irish-American who spent many summers in Ireland as a child".

German leader Angela Merkel may not have publically expressed her thoughts on Trump, but given that he accused her of “ruining Germany” we can only imagine how hard it was for her to pen today’s congratulatory words.

I told you @TIME Magazine would never pick me as person of the year despite being the big favorite They picked person who is ruining Germany

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 9, 2015
“I offer the future president of the United States, Donald Trump, close cooperation.” she said in a statement.

French President François Hollande has shown disgust for Trump before. Earlier this year he said his “excesses end up making you feel like you want to retch,” in the wake of Trump’s comments about the family of Hamayun Khan, a decorated Muslim-American soldier who died in the line of duty. Today Hollande warned that his victory “now opens a period of uncertainty.”

The French ambassador to the US, Gerard Araud, reacted more strongly to news of Trump's electoral victory by tweeting that "a world is collapsing before our eyes". The post was later deleted.

Mexican president Enrique Peña Nieto tweeted congratulations to the US on it’s decision, adding “Hope that Mexico and United States continue to tighten its ties of cooperation and mutual respect.”

Felicito a EUA por su proceso electoral y le reitero a @realDonaldTrump la disposición de trabajar juntos en favor de la relación bilateral.

— Enrique Peña Nieto (@EPN) November 9, 2016
Confío que México y Estados Unidos seguirán estrechando sus lazos de cooperación y respeto mutuo.

— Enrique Peña Nieto (@EPN) November 9, 2016

===============================

AND OF ALL the world leaders MOST VILIFIED BY AMERICA AND HILLARY AND EUROPE

ALSO is the most GRACIOUS and ELEGANT and DIGNIFIED to congratulate

"i offer my congratulations to President-Elect DONALD TRUMP
and to the American People on their successful election for a New Leader for a great RESPONSIBILITY".

VLADIMIR PUTIN.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND AMERICAN POLITICAL SYSTEM HAVE MUCH TO LEARN FROM THE RUSSIANS.

I SHOULD AMEND that-- much to learn from other COUNTRIES...starting with

"even if you don't like another country --it's NOT YOUR country to rule"

LIKE the clintons think they have a right to!! lol

Last edited:

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well it won't be Hollande from what I've been reading. Can't see Le Pen getting it right now... but maybe in the next election cycle. Things are changing fast.

UNCANNY -- from your earlier other post on brexit and this election -- how you GOT IT NAILED DOWN -- like this article later writes.

AND rather than 'just' in the western corrupt elites that have gone overboard despite already their considerable comforts -- it's really all over the world -- when you think of it. isn't it?

=======================================
sputniknews.com
The Uncanny Similarities Between the Brexit and Trump Campaigns
Sputnik
The alternative, a leap into the abyss, a primal howl against the establishment, evidence of a burning antipathy in the heartland toward the out-of-touch Establishment. This choice would be Donald Trump or Brexit for the Brits.

But the political commentators, the polls and the betting markets have all pointed to one thing — that nobody really knows the outcome until the ballots are counted.

The comparisons between Britain's June 23 referendum vote on whether to leave the European Union and the US presidential election are hard to miss.

It Will Never Happen

In the lead up to Brexit, nobody predicted it would actually happen. The polls suggested that the Remain voters would win, until the announcement on June 23, that Britain would in fact be leaving the EU.

© REUTERS/ Neil Hall

A Brexit supporter holds a Union Flag at a Vote Leave rally in London, Britain June 4, 2016.

UKIP, a party which was strongly pushing for a "Leave" vote, had won and their then-leader and now interim leader Nigel Farage, called it the Britain's "Independence Day."

For the US, a similar sentiment was shared by their new leader, Donald Trump who also declared that the US was witnessing "Independence Day," as he urged the nation to vote on Tuesday, November 8.

Anti-Establishment

According to Oxford Dictionary, The Establishment is "a group in a society exercising power and influence over matters of policy, opinion, or taste, and seen as resisting change."

"I see a parallel between what is happening in the UK and the US," Trump said.

Trump said it; he saw the similarities between Britain's rejection of the EU Establishment and the US acceptance of him.

Early on in his presidential bid, Donald Trump began touting his anti-Establishment rhetoric. It was a posture that proved pure gold in the Republican primaries. After all, he'd never been part of the political Establishment nor held public office, nor had any of his family members.

UKIP interim leader, Nigel Farage said that the decision to break with the EU would be anti-Establishment. When he traveled to the US to support Trump at one of his rallies, Farage framed it as a victory for the anti-Establishment movement, a theme that is popular in Mr. Trump's campaign.

"Anything is possible if enough decent people are prepared to stand up against the establishment," Farage said.

Taking On Mainstream Media

Trump did not hide his disdain for the media, in fact on the very last day of his campaign, he urged the American people to cast a vote "against the crooked media."

Trump tapped into the public's existing distrust of the media and sought to strip news outlets like CNN and The New York Times of all legitimacy.

And Brexit was no different. Farage would often describe how he distrusted the media and in response to Trump's presidential race, he said that like his US counterpart, the media was unkind about Brexit.

"We had very little support from mainstream media, so there's big crossover stuff here," Farage said during an interview with CNN.

Dismissed by Fellow Leaders

Neither Trump, nor Farage were liked by their fellow political 'friends.' Out-going US president, Barack Obama said that Trump was "uniquely unqualified for the role of President."

Previous UK Prime Minister, David Cameron called Nigel Farage and the UKIP party a bunch of "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists."

Democrat presidential candidate Hilary Clinton, said that she would put Donald Trump supporters into a "basket of deplorables."

Not to quote David Cameron but Trump supporters are "fruitcakes, loonies, and closet racists"

— Ulysees E. McGill (@trashnarratives) November 7, 2016
The words of these leaders however, did very little to prevent Brexit in the UK and stop the US from voting for Donald Trump.

Nigel Farage

Nigel Farage was ever-present during the EU referendum campaign; he worked hard to ensure that Britain would break from Brussels. His work paid off when the people voted for Brexit.

© AP Photo/ Gerald Herbert

Nigel Farage, ex-leader of the British UKIP party, speaks as Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, left, listens, at Trump's campaign rally in Jackson, Miss., Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2016.

His presence was felt during the Trump campaign, when he crossed to the other side of the Atlantic to join and support Donald Trump at one of his rallies. Declaring war against the Establishment, the Clinton campaign and partnering up with Trump, Nigel allied himself well.

Now Farage has his eye on possibly becoming Trump's Ambassador to the EU… But only time will tell.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
So happy it's finally the end of Clintons and their friends. As you know they are worse crap than Hitler for us Serbs.

I hope Trump will next year correct to some( large) extent njustice done by his country to Serbs in last 25 years.Otherwise, 2018 is very likely to see Serbia in Asia like teddy wishes.

Reactions: teddytennisfan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This made me laugh when I read it. Thanks teddy. Federberg is still butt hurt from the Brexit vote.

:spank::spank2:

haha! Not hurt at all mate. I made a lot of money on that day so I had an emotional hedge. Still think it was a silly decision, but it is what it is, only thing one can do is figure out how to adapt to new scenarios. As for the comments from teddytennisfan, I'm not sure how or why I should care about his/her opinion about a discussion I was having with someone else. Particularly when at the best of times I barely take note of all the whacky conspiracy theories.

Anyway, we're living in historic times, all very interesting! :)

Reactions: teddytennisfan

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is for teddy only, Serbian Guard in Beijing, starting around 5:45

THANKS so much! Mastoor!!

i love that - i think i remember it also because if this is the correct year -- was it 2014? lots of us posters in Russia Insider were discussing it for weeks ! after trying to catch the events.

was it the commemoration by russia (ussr previously) and then china of their resepctive anniversaries of the victory over the fascists?

if i remember correctly -- we were following those events from the moscow part in which similarly participating countrie,s including SERBIA joined in moscow..and then a month or so later - they graced Beijing in china's commemoration..

BOTH OF COURSE studiously ignored by the ''freedom -loving - defenders of democracy, and liberators of the world from Nazis, fascism "

johnny come lately ''west". 'media''..since this was the 'height' of the first blows of the sanctions against big bad putin's russia...

SERBIA HAS that very distinctive light blue uniform that i've become so familiar with because i actually regularly follow their exercises with russia - like in those annual ones in siberia or somewhere...

this year SERBIA placed right behind russia in TANK and ground troops!! in competition, hehe!!

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is for teddy only, Serbian Guard in Beijing, starting around 5:45

=====================================

what were they saying , especially t the end? i dont' know why - maybe i'm just being sentimental in a weird way..

but my heart also ''swells" with pride watching your people in presentation as if they were mine...

Reactions: Mastoor

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
it's uncanny how things turn out.

THE WIFE of DONALD TRUMP - and mother of his youngest - that boy.

is -- SLOVENIAN - who are also related to SERBIANS as fellow SLAVS - although of different religions -- catholic and orthodox respectively --

were both part of Yugoslavia - ''parted ways" quite peacefully -
have the similar flag of broad 3 white, blue, red similar to the russians...and with their respective sygils on the flags..

and good relations (all 3 of them)

if i undertsand correctly -- slovenia was absorbed into the austro-hunagarian empire centuries ago to avoid being ruled by the OTTOMAN empire --

whle their counterpart SERBIANS successfully were defending the SLAVIC World from being conquered.

the IRONY added here is --

slovenia - which is highly dependent on russian gas and energy and other resources and has a huge export market to russia and other eastern former soviets - hasin recent years - like many countries suffered economically due to the drop in exports to russia - imposed by the sanctions - ordered by OBAMAs usa and their ilk of

SLAVOPHOBES...
slovenia previously was enjoying an export SURPLUS compared to russia's export deficit. respectively.

with all the problems domestically -- caused by the neo-con-,neoliberal ''american exceptionalists" for DECADES now (and USA empire in general) --

there's at least a chance that if trump must pay attention to economic needs ''at home" -- there will be a somewhat diminished

ZEAL to ''spread american democracy" - particularly in the balkans..and the slavic brothers and sisters can have some space to rebuild and strengthen their NATURAL ties.
slovenia, to serbia, to russia.

irony -- that ''the SLAVIC" agent -- is not trump

it's his WIFE. lol.

but whatever trump might be like --
it is GOOD to see the backs of KILLARY AND OBOMBA..and hopefully their SLAVOPHOBIA ilk. lol.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
haha! Not hurt at all mate. I made a lot of money on that day so I had an emotional hedge. Still think it was a silly decision, but it is what it is, only thing one can do is figure out how to adapt to new scenarios. As for the comments from teddytennisfan, I'm not sure how or why I should care about his/her opinion about a discussion I was having with someone else. Particularly when at the best of times I barely take note of all the whacky conspiracy theories.

Anyway, we're living in historic times, all very interesting! :)

conspiracy theories, federberg?

you just watched the QUEEN of conspiracy theorists - of PURE PHANTOM ''Russia, SLAVIC threats" -- ..MY part is to DESTROY such theories so typical of the ANGL0-AMERICANS who have been at it

for CENTURIES since JOHN MILTON of ENGLAND!

so don't try to turn this around. lol.

i didn't make up the FACT that the anglo-american ''empire" IS THE ONE that has been attempting to FORCE its ''culture" ON SERBIANS! for decades now..

I DIDN'T make up the fact --d emonstrrble over the years of ''western" sports media and even FAN -DOM that NOLE because he is from ''some eastern slavic countrY"

WAS TREATED COLDLY DESPITE his great achievements and the slightest WAVE OF THE FLAG OF SERBIA by NOLE in the porch of their palace in belgrade - the western media and commentators talked SMUT about HIM !

i didn't make up conspiracy theories about what NATO encirclement of russia is about -- EXACTLY along the lines of HITLER preparing to invade russia and USSR... as the FASCISTS they really are in the WEST. lol.

i DIDN'T make up the fact that the INDUSTRIAL and corporate DESCENDANTS TODAY are the SAME ONES THAT

from wall street to london to paris and berlin supported the NAZIS

just as they support the NATO fascists.

AND i didn't make up the fact that these CLOSET NAZIS AND FASCISTS of the WEST -- looooove to WRAP THEMSELVES IN ''democracy" flags!

so trump\'s TRUE challenge is to show HE' sNOT one of THEM!

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So happy it's finally the end of Clintons and their friends. As you know they are worse crap than Hitler for us Serbs.

I hope Trump will next year correct to some( large) extent njustice done by his country to Serbs in last 25 years.Otherwise, 2018 is very likely to see Serbia in Asia like teddy wishes.

believe me MASTOOR -- i was thinking OF serbia as i caught the final counting..was on the phone with a friend (from philippines) explaining to her what the relations were - and why it was important that trump - hopefully a sliver of hope in this administration -- MUST correct the steps made by these DECADES of FILTH bythe USA ,

INCLUDING towards what i told her 'this small but unbelievably courageous country of serbia that has been vilified by the west and USA leading - with such VICIOUSNESS".

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

AND don't forget that FILTH GEORGE SOROS --

with his claws deep among the clintons -- giving HER directives on how to ''take apart ukraine" - which she promptly obeyed (one of the e mail leaks) - and who is one of the masterminds of the destruction of yugoslavia as well as ''democratizing" serbia in the NOW FAMILIAR to the world

RAMPAGE of the neo-con, neo-liberal filth.

they and their kind have left nothing but a huge swath of BLOOD trails everywhere.

people want to see what REAL WHITE TRASH looks like?

there you go -- the CLINTONS. SOROS, NULAND, KERRY...POWERS...right alongside their SERVANT BLACK TRASH OBAMA , SUSAN RICE, CONDOLEEZA RICE..

AND WHATEVER other 'color" TRASH THEY have with them ..all of them TRASH.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

THAT IS Indeed my WISH, Mastoor.

for one -- NOLE has for many years now - not least of course for winning in chian so much -- is a BIG popular star in china. that's already FIRMLY established.

BELGRADE - as i mentioned somewhere here --

was the last of the 'eastern europe" countries before ending his trip in ST Petersburg...that china's PREMIERE LI KEQANG visited -- signing plenty of partnerships...
i was following their news last week as the SERBIAN lady official was explaining what was being planned by the countries.

i am going to tell an old friend and her husband - for when he goes back to philippines in a couple of months to ''insert" ideas to the new philippine president's cabinet about establishing good relations with SERBIA - since the new president claims he wants to forge a more independent course from a relation with the USA -- OF 'over a century being treated like a dog on a leash".

because although he's retired - his work was in economic planning..for vietnam..lol...at least to his former ''proteges" that are now in the new cabinet. lol.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
as far as the ordinary italians are concerned...

it doesn't matter -- TRUMP OR CLINTON --

it's still 'YANKEE GO HOME"

which i know they have been screaming about for YEARS NOW...but of coruse NEVER reported in the USA.

watch

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
IF - A BIG IF -- trump DELIVERS ON EVEN HALF WHAT he says IN THE VIDEO BELOW --

HE BECOMES - quite possibly teh best president americn actually HAD.

======================================

watch

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's so quiet in the Clinton camp, you can hear an email being deleted.
That is cheap, unkind, and unlike you. If you want people to stay around and take the abuse from your seriously right-wing posters, I'd be nicer.

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That is cheap, unkind, and unlike you. If you want people to stay around and take the abuse from your seriously right-wing posters, I'd be nicer.

well -- that is not nice of YOU EITHER.

TO USE ''i am going away" as a thinly disguised ''pressure'' on britbox - jiust becuse he is the maker of this website inwhich ALL of us are allowed to express what the heck wewish -- and I CERTAINLY have been vicious to no LESS than BRITBOX himself when i can't see eyue to eye --

doesn't mean he Can't express his own positions -- just because you suddenly don't feel comfortable about it.

you're playhing the same kind of 'mc-carthyite" position that characterized HILLARY'S ''campaign" and the deep state - the warmongering state that has been FULLY EXPOSED in this campaign for all the world to see --

in which there are ''taboos" about how to speak, what to speak, what is the ''tone of voice" and that people ought to ''watch your tone of voice lest you Offend my precious feelings".

HILLARY LOST - despite the DEEP STATE'S , WAR STATE'S efforts -- aided and abetted by the media that is NOW ALSO COMPLETELY exposed as having NO CREDIBILITY whatsoever which YOU and others like you CLUNG TO ...

SO - it is better that you get a grip -- HILLARY CAN'T BE PRESIDENT AND HAVE THAT FINGER - TREMBLING -- ON A NUCLEAR BUTTON she and her ILK are openly willing to ''put everything on the table"

JUST to prove ''we're the masters of the universe" -- LIKE THE DEEP STATE DEEP POCKETS that put HER and her kind in power while they play with PEOPLE'S lives across the world.

if anything moxie -- you just lower yourself for USING that kind of attitude towards BRITBOX -- the implicit ''threat" to 'leave'

UNLESS your SENTIMENTS are assuage by POLITE LANGUAGE. about something -- the LOSS of hillary WHOSE CAMP

brought up the most VICIOUS, IMPOLITE NONSENSE ever seen from any campaign...IMPUGNING heads of state like russia's or others for the sake of ELECTORAL VOTES that is UNBECOMING of a self-appointed ''first woman president" who claimed to

want to 'TEACH RUSSIA, CHINA, IRAN A LESSON" on WHO'S BOSS!!

and you are going to lecture britbox about ''proper tone of voice?"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46